Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics The Raise of Mccain
TOPIC: The Raise of Mccain
Created by: joeodd2
Original Starting post for this thread:
Could the GOP get it right this time? I hope his surge lasts and he has some good debates. Bob Beckell even said that John Mccain would be the toughest canidate to beat because he really is a Bi-Partisan and a Patriot. Not to mention that you can't really find too many people who can call him corrupt. If there were such a thing as an "Honest" politician, it would be John Mccain. Mccain/Leiberman 08!!!!!

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 18   End
User Details are only visible to members.
edwards could not carry his own state...they know him...lol

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Ok John Edwards is one of the biggest phonies in the race. The man lives across the street from a trailer park, has never met any of his neighbors, but the man sure as hell don't mind "slumming it" for a photo op. He's 95 percent bullshit, and maybe 5 percent substance. And I was being generous with that 5 percent.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
On the Democratic side, I like Bill Richardson. I've seen him on several occasions and he seems balanced. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a snow ball chance in Gore's global warming world.

Fairfield CA
Username hidden
(575 posts)
Sweet-Doesn't look like you are in favor of anyone. Lesser of the evils?

Dec-I will agree on Hillary. If she is smart, she can turn the attacks on her to her advantage. She might be too thin skinned to do so, however.

Most of the people who won't vote for Hillary won't vote for a Democrat, anyway. Nor would they vote for Barack.

I could live with a McCain presidency. I think he is a decent man, and not too extreme.

But I think it is going Democratic this time. 10-12 pick up in the House, 4-6 in the Senate, and the White House.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17378 posts)
The only thing I have against McCain is he wants amnesty for illegals.

Romney is doing the flip flop on too many issues. Gun Control, abortion, who his endorsers are/were. He can't be trusted to tell the truth.

Huckabee is a Nazi for Christ who rewards illegals with scholarships.

Rudy can only talk about 9/11. He ran a safe haven for illegals. He can only talk about 9/11. He implimented some of the harshest gun control laws in the country. Have I mentioned 9/11?

Ron Paul has some good ideas but is otherwise living in the Twilight Zone.

Hillary has several things against her: she is a woman. Many will not vote for her on that reason alone. She is a Clinton, many people don't want another Clinton in the WH. She has already started smearing fellow Democrats. She is for disarming America. That alone could cost her the election.

Obama is too nice. That will unsettle many.

Biden is a hateful man. He is angry. That will cost him.

Edwards has a good heart but just won't make the cut. He believes that illegals living here have the right to be made automatic citizens. Yet he claims owning a gun is a privelage.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Uru - I believe you're right. You can see McCain going back to his "basics".

tbr Hillary does not have the persuasiveness nor personality that Bill had with most of the American people. It will not take much to throw "caca" at her - because it will stick. She is not good at playing defense - she can only do offense. That will be her downfall.

Fairfield CA
Username hidden
(575 posts)
A recent poll suggested that McCain is the only republican that is competitive with the democratic candidates. In the past, McCain's maverick ways, bi-partison temperment, and sense of humor made him very appealing to middle of the road Republicans and independents. Last year he learched to the far right trying to court the born-again vote. This only alienated him from his base and never gained him anything for his effort on the right side of the spectrum.

Hopefully we are now seeing the real McCain because he is the only Republican that has a realistic shot at winning come November. I think he is the only Republican that liberals would accept.

Indianapolis IN
Username hidden
(251 posts)
Oh don't get me wrong McCain is a democrat, but I like him and would vote for him aginst the other democrats running including Rudy, who is another democrat in Rep clothing. I am telling you the Moderate Dem's have no place in their own party run by loony lib's so they turn Republican.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
I don't think McCain is electable. He does not have the republican base vote (conservative Christians, anti-abortion, anti-immigrant). The base will not be energized to come to the polls and elect this guy.

If Hillary is smart (remains to be seen), she will use the old Reagan line. People know the shit that will be thrown on the wall against her. It is my opinion that the American electorate is tired of being afraid, and is tired of politics as practiced by Rove. IMHO, every time the Republicans throw the Clinton 42 accusations against her, she needs to say "There you go again," as Reagan did.

I am not a big Hillary fan. Of the electables, I prefer Edwards. Among all, I prefer Kucinich. But I will take Hillary over any of the Republican hopefuls,

The Democratic base is energized against the war and the perceived lack of openness of the Bush administration. They will vote against rather than for, which is usually a winning strategy.

It will be very difficult for a Republican to be elected President next year. Unless there is another terrorist attack, I think the Democrats have this one no matter who they nominate.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17378 posts)
John Mccain is a hard worker, a real bi-partisan, a pro military victory in Iraq politician, and a man with an untouchable moral reputation. He is the Dems biggest nightmare for 08, Bob Beckell even admitted that. The Dems hope this guy won't be the nominee because they can't attack him on Iraq, he put all his chips on the surge and the Dems had to admit that the surge reduced violence. They sure as hell can't call him a Partisan. What are they going to attack him on? He's a Vietnam Vet! He may not fit certain conservative standards, But I don't think he will be a tax and spend president. If you want to talk about a Financially Liberal President, then you will have to include Bush in that category. I thought Mccain was the better Candidate in 2000 and I still believe that at the end of the day he is the most capable and electable candidate within the entire field of candidates on both sides of the aisle.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 18   End
TOPIC: The Raise of Mccain