The Purpose of Forums Democracy, Free Speech, and the Marketplace of Ideas : Swingers Discussion 98045
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThe Purpose of Forums Democracy, Free Speech, and the Marketplace of Ideas
TOPIC: The Purpose of Forums Democracy, Free Speech, and the Marketplace of Ideas
Created by: sappholovers
Original Starting post for this thread:
Some questions that came to my mind from Destin posting the same message in 4 different threads:

What is the purpose of a Forum in a democracy?

What are the connections between freedom of speech and democracy?

How do we respond to speech with which we disagree in a democracy?

Thomas Jefferson complained in his draft of the Declaration of Independence that King George III was "deaf to the voice of justice" and unwilling to engage in a correspondence of freedom and candor. Jefferson felt that the ears of King George III were blocked and that he was trying to block the colonists own rights to assemble and protest and petition.

I think it is ironical and hypocritical that someone who accuses me of being un-American is so committed to intefering with the exchange of ideas in this forum.

So what are the best ways to respond to speech we do not like in a democracy?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
User Details are only visible to members.
jesus speaks the truth, of course!!

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
There’s the Ticket: Cuban Communist Leader Fidel Castro Endorses a Hillary Clinton/Barack Obama Just what every future American President and Vice President should have … A declaration of victory from a Communist leader.

Fidel Castro, the Cuban Communist dictator since the 1959 revolution, has endorsed the Democratic ticket of Hillary Clinton/Barack Obama as a winning one. Castro stated, “they would make a winning combination”. There’s the endorsement everyone in politics is looking for. Then again after Castro has voiced his opinion, John Edwards is probably now waiting for the Hugo Chavez endorsement.

“The word today is that an apparently unbeatable ticket could be Hillary for president and Obama as her running mate,” he wrote in an editorial column on U.S. presidents published on Tuesday by Cuba’s Communist Party newspaper, Granma.

Destin FL

Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Ignoring comes to mind.

Rochester NY

Username hidden
(10343 posts)
Some questions that came to my mind from Destin posting the same message in 4 different threads:

What is the purpose of a Forum in a democracy?

What are the connections between freedom of speech and democracy?

How do we respond to speech with which we disagree in a democracy?

Thomas Jefferson complained in his draft of the Declaration of Independence that King George III was "deaf to the voice of justice" and unwilling to engage in a correspondence of freedom and candor. Jefferson felt that the ears of King George III were blocked and that he was trying to block the colonists own rights to assemble and protest and petition.

I think it is ironical and hypocritical that someone who accuses me of being un-American is so committed to intefering with the exchange of ideas in this forum.

So what are the best ways to respond to speech we do not like in a democracy?

Los Angeles CA

Username hidden
(4376 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
TOPIC: The Purpose of Forums Democracy, Free Speech, and the Marketplace of Ideas