Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics The President used the term That Is Cool in a speech
TOPIC: The President used the term That Is Cool in a speech
Created by: PartyPerks847
Original Starting post for this thread:
"But you will not abide the election of a Republican president! In that supposed event, you say, you will destroy the Union; and then, you say, the great crime of having destroyed it will be upon us! That is cool. A highwayman holds a pistol to my ear, and mutters through his teeth, "Stand and deliver, or I shall kill you, and then you will be a murderer!" Abraham Lincoln... Cooper Union speech...1860 Why, who did you think I was talking about?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 24   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Class is over son. Move on. If you need extra help, make an appointment

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
If it helps you and your ego to believe all that, go for it.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20534 posts)
Vabeach...You have now officially embarrassed yourself AS you so often do when challenged with FACTS, you are again off on some free association rant that has nothing to do with the original question and issue. I know this plays well in the Cheetos and Dr Pepper crew, but you and i BOTH know you made a statement that was demonstratively false, and I tried NOT to correct you on it to avoid a ridiculous circular conversation like this in which you squirm shuck and jive to attempt to save face. You just coundn't let it go. You should have just left well enough alone and you would not be red faced right now. As the man who used to be Clint Eastwood once said (Before he started talking to chairs) "A man has got to know his limitations" You are not "Stupid" Vabeach, but what you are is worse, you are a person with natural curiosity and an ego that exceeds your knowledge base. You think Google is your friend, it is actually your worst enemy. There is nothing easier to spot than pseudo E-intelligence. Again...I gave you the two reasons carbon based organisms die outside their viable temperature ranges, and enzymes have virtually nothing to do with it.

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
I didn't specify anything about animals. You did.

Me pointing out that everything you wrote is wrong is dancing around the point?

When heat-stressed, cells fail to function (eventually dying if the heat is high and prolonged enough), and thus agglomerations of cells (organs and tissues) fail to function. What is it specifically that you think makes them fail to function under heat stress? Dehydration takes time to achieve even under extreme stresses.

I wouldn't expect you to - this is not exactly something most people would know much about. It's not my problem. Enjoy.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20534 posts)
Once again Vabeach, you attempt to save face with semantics and defect from the point. You may have noticed I used " " around "die". Bottom line, your statement claiming that the heat killing animal organisms being rel;ated to enzymes is total nonsense.

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
"Enzymes "die" at a "wet heat" (sorry if the semantics bother you) temperature of 116 degrees F) The exception and ONLY exception would be"

Absolute nonsense. 116 F is not a death sentence for many enzymes, although most cease to function properly on a temporary basis until returned to a normal temperature. An enzyme cannot "die", because it is not a living thing. A great example is amylase (in your saliva) that continues to function (although poorly) right up to around 60 °C, around 140 °F, and this can be measured with the classic iodine clock experiment. Enzymes can be deactivated or denatured. It's not my problem if you do not appreciate the difference.

"synthetically "activated" enzymes, but since we are talking about those in organic matter"

That is even more nonsense. I am quite certain you do not know what you are talking about. What are you proposing is a "synthetically activated enzyme"? What enzymes are there in inorganic matter? Do you even know what an enzyme is?

Please... you are not embarrassing me. I know this shit cold. I need not a pass from you. And as I said, anyone who knows my name can find my facebook page to corroborate who I am, as some of our more g-rated pics are on there, and a google of my name will bring up several of my publications. Anyone who knows who I am is free to try it and they will see. I don't care if you believe it.

btw you are getting this stuff, it seems, from web sites dedicated to raw food enthusiasts. They are largely incorrect.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20534 posts)
Doesn't matter what I think, or what you claim, you made a false claim and I corrected it I'll say it again Enzymes "die" at a "wet heat" (sorry if the semantics bother you) temperature of 116 degrees F) The exception and ONLY exception would be synthetically "activated" enzymes, but since we are talking about those in organic matter, that is a moot point. Animal organisms die from heat because of temperature ranges outside the ability of their organs to function, (keeping in mind, your skin is an organ as well) and dehydration... PERIOD it has NOTHING to do with enzymes. Again, stop trying to dazzle Lisa Lou and Dakota with BS, and I won't have to embarrass you. This time I even tried to give you a pass, you should have been smart enough to take it

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
Enzymes don't "die" per se until way past that point. They have optimum temperature ranges, which vary from organism to organism. They reach a point where they cease to function, but are not denatured. The denaturation point is a much higher one than 116 °F. If it were, there would be no need to cook anything beyond that point. Autoclaves run at 121 °C (250 °F) for a reason.

I don't know where you got this number of 116 °F but we would run tail-flick tests on rats at 57 °C/135 °F, which is the temperature at which all mammalian autonomic nervous systems take over and forces you to take action to stop the pain. Tissues can tolerate significantly higher temperatures than 116 °F for some period of time, although the enzymes will be deactivated (but they will resume function when they return to normal temperature).

2. I don't know why I bothered to write any of that out. I am an accomplished scientist with papers published in enzymology, synthetic organic chemistry and one in zoology. Anyone who knows my real name (and a few people here do) can google it and several papers of mine come up in the first two pages. I have nothing I need to prove to you.

And you can LOL all you like at that. It's the truth. But it's OK - I'm sure you think you "won" somehow.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20534 posts)
Goodenuff ,,,that was an imitation of BS right? yeah..he can't type for sheet Oh..you mean it wasn't?

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
I did read it Vabeach...and I was going to spare you the embarrassment and avoid having you make the laughable claim I was "stalking you". But since you insist, here you go... Enzymes die at a "wet heat" temperature of 116 F. A temperature in which the vast majority of carbon based life survive for extended periods. The reason heat kills most animal life is two fold 1. Organs require a specific temperature range in order to function properly 2. Dehydration In that order Quit faking it and I won't have to keep correcting you

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 24   End
TOPIC: The President used the term That Is Cool in a speech