Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics The Other Side of Israel and Israelis or What the Right and AIPAC Don't Want You To See
TOPIC: The Other Side of Israel and Israelis or What the Right and AIPAC Don't Want You To See
Created by: TheGhost_and_MrsMuir
Original Starting post for this thread:
Being a Jew with deep roots in Europe, ancestors that survived concentration camps and living relatives that are Rabbi, Cantor and devout reformed Jews I feel that the case presented for (or about) Israel has only been presented by one side here on SLS and in this country as a whole.

It's no surprise that ANYTHING that is even a little critical of Israel or Israelis meets resistance that is almost hysterical in it's vehemence and neoconservative in it's entire makeup. Well, I want it to be well known that not all Jews think the same. Or even close. Presenting only one side of this issue is like JUST looking at what Republicans say and ignoring Democrats. No matter how sage one THINKS they are, they are usually half wrong so the 'other' party is a wonderfully effective way to ensure truth eventually prevails. Until recently.

I am going to present here the OTHER side of Israel and Israelis. Not the unified AIPAC family photo, airbrushed and accessorized for the faithful, but the poor behavior, missteps and bad policy that ACTUALLY makes up the Israeli and Jewish society as a whole, as it is seen by Jews themselves.

I do NOT mean any of these writings/postings as a slight to ANYONE, Jews in particular, though some will be nasty and partisan (just like OUR politics/society) and some here will rend their clothes and tear their hair out screaming that I am an anti-Semite (I'm not. I am anti-Asshole though)

I am a Jew myself after all. By birth if not complete upbringing and I have been well informed at family gatherings about this OTHER side of Isael, Israelis and Jews in America.

Read on:

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 80   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Back On Topic!

"Why Is the Arab world so easily offended?" asks the headline atop an article by Fouad Ajami, which the Washington Post published online last Friday to give perspective to the recent anti-American violence in Muslim capitals.

While the Post described Ajami simply as a "senior fellow" at Stanford's conservative Hoover Institution, Wikipedia gives a more instructive perspective on his checkered career and dubious credibility.

An outspoken supporter of the war on Iraq, Ajami was still calling it a "noble effort" well after it went south. He is a friend and colleague of one of the war's intellectual authors, neocon Paul Wolfowitz, and also advised Condoleezza Rice. It was apparently Wolfowitz or Rice who fed Ajami's analyses to then-Vice President Dick Cheney, who cited Ajami's views repeatedly in speeches.

The most telling example of this came in Cheney's VFW address on August 26, 2002, in which the Vice President laid down the terms of reference for the planned attack on Iraq. Attempting to assuage concerns about the upcoming invasion, Cheney cited Ajami's analysis: "As for the reaction of the Arab 'street,' the Middle East expert Professor Fouad Ajami predicts that after liberation, the streets in Basra and Baghdad are 'sure to erupt in joy in the same way the throngs in Kabul greeted the Americans.'"

"There is no need to pay excessive deference to the political pieties and givens of the region. Indeed, this is one of those settings where a reforming foreign power's simpler guidelines offer a better way than the region's age-old prohibitions and defects."

No One Better?

Ignoring the albatross of tarnished credentials hanging around Ajami's neck, the Post apparently saw him as just the right academician to put perspective on the violence of last week in Middle East capitals. As for his record of credibility: Well, who takes the trouble to go to Wikipedia for information on pundits?

So – to recapitulate – the Post's favored editorial narrative of the Mideast turmoil is that hypersensitive, anti-American Muslims are doing irrational stuff like killing U.S. diplomats and torching our installations. This violence was the result of Arabs all too ready to take offense at a video trailer disrespectful of the Prophet. Now of course, we know differently.

Nonetheless, it seems to be true that the trailer did have some immediate impact and will have more. According to an eyewitness, the 30 local guards who were supposed to protect the U.S. consulate in Benghazi simply ran away as the violent crowd approached on Tuesday night.

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
"Jews think it is 1930's and it is their obligation to be marched into the ovens. Now in 2010's it is their obligation to be Nuked. "

So, at last your true face appears. You are certainly an equal opportunity hater hft, I'll say that.....

Shame on you.

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
"Please do not Lump Catholics in with christians. Baptist, reformationists, protestants and pentecostals have never been on the fringe of the crusaudes nor the "christian" wars."

First of all you need to get your history in order. The Crusades were 900+ years ago not 300. And I was not talking about "wars". Catholics had the Inquisition and the rest burned people at the stake for "crimes" that simply did not exist.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4121 posts)
Please do not Lump Catholics in with christians. Baptist, reformationists, protestants and pentecostals have never been on the fringe of the crusaudes nor the "christian" wars.

Falls City OR
Username hidden
(364 posts)
That's right, nuke those Jews, get rid of them, problem solved!

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17268 posts)
"... Islam is about where Christianity was 300 years ago... " Ya think? Women only got the right to vote about 100 years ago in America. Slavery ended only 150 years back.

Our ethnocentric past is still in memory for a lot of Americans. There are still cries to "take our country back" to those shameful times.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"Islam is a violent religion full of hateful people "

So is Christianity, the other side of the same coin. The only difference is Islam is about where Christianity was 300 years ago.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4121 posts)
I say the oppisite its time to nuke the arab nations and let Isreal have peace and the world have peace.

Muslims claim to be peaceful yet you do not see Isrealis attacking because someone makes a movie and attacks embassys nor does the Untied States. Islam is a violent religion full of hateful people

Falls City OR
Username hidden
(364 posts)
Is that ghost puppy?!

Hey ghost puppy! Feeling frisky? Sit! Roll over! Play dead you ugly fukin dog!

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
The Whack From Ak... No pics, and still talking about someone else's profile and pics? Is your last name Romney? What's wrong Whack? Feeling neglected and need to call my name?

You are the Resident Angry White Man in the forum..... Poster child for the good ole boys that represent the GOP.

Milwaukee WI
Username hidden
(2121 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 80   End
TOPIC: The Other Side of Israel and Israelis or What the Right and AIPAC Don't Want You To See