Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › The One Percent
TOPIC: The_One_Percent
Created by: sexytension
Original Starting post for this thread:
I wonder what the "1%" group would be thinking today. Lets see, it might be something like this: Here I am working my ass off, 80 hour weeks, trying to keep this business afloat, paying, along with my other one percenters about 50% of the nations taxes, I'm in debt over my ass, and my wife says I work too much. I'm too tired to play with her so she's pissed, the union wants to negotiate a new contract that will bring my company to the brink, the price of energy keeps going up because the Government won't allow us to drill for our own oil and gas, preferring to buy it from our enemies, the local property taxes just increased, the EPA and 6 other Government Departments just came out with a new books full of undeciperable regulations, forcing me to hire lawers to interpret, the new Obama care laws are beyond anybodies understanding, even Nancy Pelosi. I know they will increase my costs, but not how much. My four Grandchildren just graduated from College, cost me $160,000 each, and all they learned is Political Science, psychology, and Basket Weaving. (They'll go far!) I can't increase my prices because of the competition coming from China at the same time I'll have all these new expenses. And to top it all off, those Occupy Wall Street nitwits are mad at me for being richer than them. Ah, Fuck it! I'm going to shut down my business and retire to New Zealand while I still have a few bucks left.

1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »
1 to 10 of 60
User Details are only visible to members.
I haven't decided yet. It depends on who ends up running against him. I have no predefined paradigm, or kneejerk, automatic candidate.

Emeryville CA
Username hidden
(12413 posts)
Everyone who isn't a Froxx Nooze- watching dittohead has had it up to here with Tax Cuts for the Rich, endless wars, budget cuts and corporate welfare. Momentum has shifted drastically away from the politicians who serve the wealthiest one percent and their agenda to a populist movement that is shaping the narrative in America and resonating with millions upon millions of working class people who are fed up with a broken system that robs the poor to pay the rich.

Minneapolis MN
Username hidden
(9142 posts)
You still have not answered the question. Are you voting for Obama in 2012?

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
When I say all, I seriously do mean ALL. If you really read my posts, I dont care what people call themselves, or what category they choose to put themselves in. I really don't care what ones ideology is, or the letter they choose to place after their name. I don't fall for the ideological gang mentality that a lot of people subscribe to. Its the same mentality that the bloods and crips have, totally pointless. All have done wrong, and Im not held hostage by any particular party , and pretend 'my party' is perfect and without wrong. I will never have such silly encumbrances.

Emeryville CA
Username hidden
(12413 posts)
So from that I take it you are not voting for Obama in 2012?

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Give LVM a break, I think he means that ALL criminal behavior is serious shit and it should be stomped on. It certainly affects us all in some way. He just hates to admit that lefties could do wrong, that's all. In fact, I think he's a fiscal conservative at heart, but "conservatism" is in conflict with his liberal social beliefs.

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(2426 posts)
Yes, you read correctly. ANY criminal behavior that affects me.

Emeryville CA
Username hidden
(12413 posts)
"What irritates me is criminal behavior that affects me."

You mean like providing the weapons that killed thousands of innocent people in Mexico?

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Nice one Fun... lol

Frankly, what anyone else pays in taxes, I could care less. Im too busy worrying about my own finances, to be concerned about what others are doing. What irritates me is criminal behavior that affects me. Whether its someone robbing me in the hood, or a ponzi schemer fucking up the economy for their own greed. A crime is a crime, and I have little sympathy for criminals. Yes, I am hard on crime in every aspect.

Increasing the taxes on the 1% is tantamount to pissing in the wind. Loopholes are still there, and they are smart enough not to have a petty thing like the tax code affect their income. So, in my opinion, the most efficient option is to slash the ridiculously bloated spending spree this govt has been on for the last 20 years. Entitlements, and corporate welfare constructs are a joke.

Emeryville CA
Username hidden
(12413 posts)
Juba, Diffidently, I have to point out,fmr Gov/Sen Corzine has misplaced 1.2 B bucks.Can't tell what happened to it. Atty Gen Holder didn't know about thousands of guns we gave to Mex drug gangs. His ass't ,who received 6 e mails on the subject 'can't say for sure ' he read them.Justice Elena Kagan who is in the bad position of having been the SG and being hammered to recuse herself on O-Care can't find two months of e mails You're pretty elastic in your standards.But,it's a source of merriment to clear thinkers,amd it's after all,the Christmas Season. I've forgiven Sarah Palin for claiming she and her daughter (Kelsey? ) were under fire at a Bosnian airport

Bronson MI
Username hidden
(219 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »
1 to 10 of 60
TOPIC: The One Percent
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.