The Obama Lesson: Deeds Beat Words : Swingers Discussion 2115811055
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThe Obama Lesson: Deeds Beat Words
TOPIC: The Obama Lesson: Deeds Beat Words
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   55 to 55 of 55 
User Details are only visible to members.
I do believe this sums up why the right is so pissed at Obama....

The Obama Lesson: Deeds Beat Words By Michael GrunwaldNov. 07, 2012

President Obama started his term by passing a politically toxic stimulus bill. Next, he oversaw a politically toxic auto bailout. He then spent an agonizing year on a politically toxic health reform bill. His approval ratings dropped, the Tea Party erupted, and as he continued to do controversial things—on gay rights, on immigration, on Iraq—pundits continued to accuse him of political malpractice.

Well, he won anyway. And there’s a lesson there.

The lesson is: DO STUFF!

It is no secret that I think Obama had a tremendously productive first term; the subtitle of my book was “The Hidden Story of Change in the Obama Era.” But this is a lesson for Republicans, too. Most politicians spend an extraordinary amount of time and energy fretting about the political consequences of their policies, which is understandable, because politicians who don’t get reelected become ex-politicians. But in the end, your reelection might come down to a waiter with an iPhone at a Florida fundraiser, or your opponent’s silly comment about “self-deportation.” So you might as well do what you think is right while you’ve got the power to do it. When you finally get the keys to the government car, drive it.

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3579 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   55 to 55 of 55 
TOPIC: The Obama Lesson: Deeds Beat Words