The Next time : Swingers Discussion 239629
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThe Next time
TOPIC: The Next time
Created by: perfectmatch69
Original Starting post for this thread:
I hear Democrats 'outraged' over anything I think I'll puke.

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 16   End
User Details are only visible to members.
In proposing to outlaw many gifts to lawmakers, including golf games and Lakers tickets, state Senate Democrats acknowledged Thursday that recent scandals have damaged how the public views the Legislature.

“There is no question that recent events are testing the public’s faith in how our government does its work.,” said Sen. Ricardo Lara (D-Bell Gardens). “The hard work of the Legislature is too important to be sidetracked by issues of accountability of a few. We need to restore the public trust.”

Lara headed a working group on ethics that was appointed by Senate President Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg (D-Sacramento) in the wake of criminal allegations against Democratic Sens. Roderick Wright of Inglewood and Ronald S. Calderon of Montebello.

Wright was convicted of felony perjury and voter fraud for lying about living in his senate district, and Calderon was indicted for allegedly accepting nearly $100,000 in bribes.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16954 posts)
"I would imagine that would be an appeal."

No, there are post-trial motions pending. The jury verdict is not a final judgement unless and until the Judge makes it so. 

If anything, the Dems are doing the Repubs a favor by leaving him on leave, without a vote in the interim. The district is heavily Democratic and if/when he is booted, another Dem will be elected and they will have one more vote than they have now. But it's an outrage ....

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
I think and sure do hope that the Dems. are done come Midterms.

Mickey

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4920 posts)
Let's not forget this.........

"But Democrats could at least temporarily lose two seats in the Senate currently held by Wright and by Ron Calderon, who is under pressure to step down after his recent indictment on corruption charges. Should both lawmakers be unseated, Democrats would be one vote short of a two-thirds majority. "

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16954 posts)
"I would imagine that would be an appeal. "

That's not what it is from what I can find. It's a sentencing hearing. You have read through the spin.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16954 posts)
I would imagine that would be an appeal.

I would consider it more prudent to expel upon conviction and re-instate in the event an appeal is upheld, but I dunno if it's worth going crazy over.

Washington DC
Username hidden
(19406 posts)
The guy is on leave pending final judgement, and if the conviction stands he will be booted. "

final judgement???? lmao. Would that be Sentencing???

And he's on voluntary leave.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16954 posts)
Btw, according to the article I read, his crime was running for office and declaring residency in a district where he didn't actually reside. Apparently he moved some things into an apartment building he owned in the district but didn't really live there very much. You see that kind of doubtful residency all the time, either by politicians or by people who do it to get their kids into a certain school district. Not that anyone should do it, but I've never heard of anyone being criminally prosecuted for it. 

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
The guy is on leave pending final judgement, and if the conviction stands he will be booted. I don't see how that is enough to get your panties twisted, but like I said, some people are more easily outraged than others. 

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Dems deflect a resolution calling for expulsion of a member CONVICTED of 8 felonies

Oh, that's not outrageous..........only if you are a sheep.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16954 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 16   End
TOPIC: The Next time