The News you DON'T Hear! : Swingers Discussion 758241011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThe News you DON'T Hear!
TOPIC: The News you DON'T Hear!
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 26   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Pentagon strains to uphold troops levels in Iraq It plans to send four National Guard units back into combat and may extend the tours of five Army brigades. By Peter Spiegel and Richard Simon, Times Staff Writers April 10, 2007

Duty calls Duty calls click to enlarge WASHINGTON — The Pentagon will send four National Guard brigades to Iraq and may extend the tours of five active-duty Army brigades by as much as four months as it strains to find troops to sustain the buildup in Baghdad through the end of the year.

The National Guard deployments — 13,000 soldiers based in Arkansas, Indiana, Oklahoma and Ohio — mark the first time since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks that entire brigades are being called up for second combat tours. The four brigades served in Iraq, Afghanistan or the Balkans in 2004 or 2005.

"Obviously everyone is going to be a little apprehensive about going back to Iraq," said Col. Kendall Penn, commander of the 39th Infantry Brigade Combat Team in Arkansas. "However, this is a mission that the unit has trained for…. It is a mission that we are capable of doing."

The deployments come at a politically difficult time for President Bush, who is fighting efforts in the Democratic-controlled Congress to force him to withdraw combat forces from the 4-year-old war.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
Prime Minister of Iraq goes to Japan. For funds to build infrastucture. Funny how this was not covered, it shows the power of a government that wants for its people and has no interest in building Palaces. 9 of Saddams Palaces are up for sales as well, Procedes to go to education system.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Inaccurate is too kind for the New York Times, About every six months they are caught in a blatin LIE.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Good answer oldnutz, Its not mantra it is fact. I have tried to find good news. New york times published a report on women in Iraq Americans being abused and raped, it turned out that one of the interviewees was never in Iraq to begin with, the paper knew it and published it anyway. Look I want out of Iraq as well but things are shifting we are seeing some progress in recent months. Rome was not built in a day and baghdad is no different.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
So it is bad that Iraqis are finally tired of the violence and want to chip in so we can leave. Oh I get it if it benifits GW Bush it not good?

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Yeah I Know was just called a bigot again this time by some one I have never even spoken too before.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
They are getting their talking points Lucky!!!

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Notice no Libs checking in on this subject they cant stand good news. LOL Cowards all of them they wont even discuss good news.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
What we need is a news show that focuses only on Iraq. Lets have international town hall meetings where both Iraqis and Americans can ask questions to both sides and debate. A program that gets news like this out there to both the American people and the Iraqis. I'm frankly surprised someone hasn't thought of this......

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
The tide is turning all be it slowly. I think patience is really a virtue here. We have to have persevarance and the will to see it though but in the end we wll amount victorious. I think once more and more stories like this come out, it is going to get increasinly difficult for the left wing media to ignore it. Good job Sens.!!!!!

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 26   End
TOPIC: The News you DON'T Hear!