The Millionaire Presidents : Swingers Discussion 791961021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThe Millionaire Presidents
TOPIC: The Millionaire Presidents
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   21 to 29 of 29 
User Details are only visible to members.
Do we make all our own weapons ?

Honestly I don't know. I though other than the high tech stuff China made everything..lol..

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
well I'll agree with ya on that one.. but its not a well run Biz.. should be filing for chapter 11 at least...

'Angel

A Moral Bankruptcy? Because revenues are up, But still as long as there is a war on, bankruptcy is not needed. Remember this Country was started with war and will prosper with war every time. Even if you disagree with the war.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
M,

the wealthiness of the majority of the most current crop of candidates is so far above the "common people" that i do find it troubling. when was the last time they used a debit card to file up for gas and bought groceries and said what the F, how did I just spend 300. bucks?

however in today's society when on the east coast and probably most of california the "average" new home cost between 500K - 600K being a millionaire ain't what it used to be!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
"Child support and spousal support were clearly mandated by the courts, they should arrive on time. Her financial status isn't of relevance in this particular example. "

It is very relevant. We are talking about people with money that are out of touch with what it is like to be an "average joe". The reason she was upset....was because she said she disperately needed the money and couldn't afford to pay her bills. If you can't pay your bills and live paycheck to paycheck (or spousal support to spousal suppport) then you are living above your means....cut back your expenses and you won't have a cash flow problem. She pleaded that she was poor (used that word) and even though she worked AND received thousands of dollars a month (yes there is an "s" on the end of thousand) she couldn't afford her lifestyle. Well.... cut your expenses. She was totally out of touch of what "poor" really is and thought of herself as a poor single mom and we would hear back from others that she was had a "pity me pity me" attitude of the way she had to live. The friggin woman has not concept or reality base of "poor" or what average people go through when she lives in over a million dollar house. SELL the friggin house and get something with smaller mortage payments.... buy a Honda to drive instead of payments on a Mercedes.... live within your means and get to know the average joe instead of being shelterd in her Malibu lifestyle struggling to keep the appearance of having money.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
No, I don't think there will ever be a non-millionaire President. To seek election you have to be popular which also means a lot of powerful people want a piece of you. Working with powerful people means working with money. That means you have great access to potential great jobs making a lot of money. It goes hand in hand.

Do I think they are "out of touch"? They don't have to be, especially if they grew up not having money. I tend to think those type people have roots they never forget. However, they easily can be "out of touch" if they allow their money to shelter them. Money has a tendency to do that to many people because it's easy. I see a lot of sheltered people with money that have no clue what the average guy goes through. No concept whatsoever. Theres a perfect example in our own family! Mr. Sim's ex wife use to receive spousal and child support checks and she would be crying the blues to his boys that they couldn't afford anything and that she was just a poor single mom and yada yada yada. If the check was late by two days I would get a phone call that she needed the money. Finally I had enough and told her she wasn't poor and had no concept of what its like to struggle in life. I told her that one of the signs that a woman is struggling and can't afford things is she doesn't get her nails done anymore or her hair dyed....both of which I knew she was spending hundreds a month on and she was sitting there crying the blues driving a Mercedes and living in a 1.6 million dollar house!!!! WTF! People with money can become so sheltered from the norm that they delude themselves to thinking that if they can't maintain their standard of living they are then poor. Yes... they easily can be "out of touch" and many are....but they don't have to be.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
Government in this country has become a business, and little more. It's product is fear, and it is bought and sold to the highest bidder. No I do not think there will ever again be a president that isn't a millionaire. Perhaps after the next civil war, but then it will no longer be the USA.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
Then again that could be just as bad if not worse or maybe even better..

Guess I am not so sure either way to think of it. I would have to go by the individual.

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
no I do not. The rich is only a small percentage of our people.

I think someone who actually had to struggle through life in America might understand alittle more about what will really help this country.

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
With many of the candidate posting their financial earnings lately I began to wonder whether there will ever be another non-millionaire president.

mccain, guilliani, edwards, romney are all mult-millionaires. by comparison obama and hillary are poor but still obscenely rich compared to joe blow america.

do you think it is good that our leaders are so far "out of touch" with us financially?

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   21 to 29 of 29 
TOPIC: The Millionaire Presidents