The Millionaire Presidents : Swingers Discussion 791961011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThe Millionaire Presidents
TOPIC: The Millionaire Presidents
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 29   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Akron, there is something called the "law of diminishing returns". There is not much point to developing more homes in communities where units sit vacant for months into years. That's not hypocracy. That's business smarts. It's called supply and demand. It's capitalism in a lase faire model.

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
Simbaxx, things have changed drastically in eight years. You'd be surprised at how many people live here year round. Few of them are born n' raised Floridians, however.

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
You're right about the job situation here. Predominantly service and health related plus low pay to boot. Southern states are historically low in their pay scales (slave labor mentality still exists in "right to work" states). Also, there is a heavy dependence upon immigrants illegal and otherwise which keeps the the wage scale artifically low. In the Palm Beach Gardens area came Scripts bringing high paying jobs in the science sector. Buildings are going up for Scripts which lays claim to bringing thousands of high paying jobs to the area. So far, so good. However, Florida's school system leaves much to be desired. Most of those "high paying " jobs are going to out-of-staters.

Personally, I wouldn't encourage anyone with school age children to move to Florida. "Straight A" students in Florida wouldn't pass remedial classes in northern and midwest schools. Pathetic really. All teachers are concerned with is getting their students to pass the FCAT (memorization). Teacher bonuses are tied to the FCAT. They fail miserably in teaching critical thinking.

As far as "buildable land"...frankly, that's disappearing down here since what they are considering to be buildable is central state swamp land. Everyone wants to live on the coast where prices are untouchable except to developers and millionaires. Most developers are backing out of their planned developments due to buyers pulling out of contracts, high materials cost, current foreclosures and resident resistence to proposed developments.

The most recent was the proposed Callery-Judge developement which included plans for 10,000 homes and self contained community. They just nixed that one based on cost of infrastructure to taxpayers along with traffic density. People are sick of development down here and are trying hard to get city and county commissioners to realize that Florida cannot sustain continued population density due to its' precarious eco-balance and high taxation. Hell, we're already experiencing a drought with severe water shortages where community caps on water useage are being implimented. Florida is one big sand bar that has already been over developed on it's coastline.

As far as "no income tax".....phhhhht! Big deal, they get your money in other taxes all the same. There are three different "sin" taxes on property transactions alone (ie deed stamps, intagibles tax on new morts., and new notes stamp tax).

I know many people are moving to N. Carolinas, Tennessee, Arkansas, Alabama, et al., instead of Florida.

Bottom line: school your kids in the northern tiered states, stay out of Florida hospitals. I won't be retiring here.

Five more years....five more years....five more years....

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
We lived for 8 years in Florida and built a house there. Land is cheap because there is so much of it available still. Plus, who lives in Florida? It's mostly geared as a retirement state which means people are on fixed incomes. So, you have to try and keep things affordable for the main market that drives it. There are definitely pockets in Florida that are no longer a good deal but there is still enough open land and new construction outside of those pockets that keep the retirees moving down there. Plus... no state income tax puts a lot of extra dollars in people's pockets and makes it even more economical.

Battle Ground WA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
Me neither Poly. But one thing I can assure anyone of, even though the prices may be cheaper initially, the property taxes and insurance will send you through the roof. Then again, I hear from NY'rs all the time that even our P taxes are lower...go figure.

I can show you some kick ass homes on the golf course, over 1800sf under air, fully furnished, 3BD, 3Bth, garage, with water views for under 400k.

One we have right now like that for 300k that will likely sell for less owned by the former sec of Navy (he died, wife is selling). Includes everything, antiques too (etched rock glasses from the White House). She even has an 85 Mercedes, pristine condition sitting in the garage with under 80k miles.

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
Sheeesss...you all make buying a house in Florida sound like a great deal.

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
Last time I checked here in Los Angeles the average price is around $700,000. A $500,000 is 2/1 at 1100 sq feet fixer upper.

Battle Ground WA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
i said average sweetie!! and i was including the entire east coast. i am certainly familiar with the NYC prices which are insane. thankfully the housing seems to be flatlining at least a bit at least around here.

as for me ms poly u forget that i am divorced just 3 yrs ago and i have a young son. in the good ole usa a divorced father is sadly usually a POOR man, haha......

remember the American Xpress commerical, here is mine...

Monthly Child Support - 3k

Divison of Marital Assets - 80 percent her/ 20 percent me

The Ability to Bang Whomever, Whenever - PRICELESS!!!

haha, well that was at least before mrs dzzy but it still aint SO BAD :-)

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
You mean they have done a good job with the national budget ????

If they are so good at it why is our deficit so high ????

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
Honestly the people who are qualified to be president usually don't work at Micky D's. They usually have to graduate from a good school, many have law degrees or business degrees. If they were not good at making money or managing their money, why the hell would you want them managing the National Budget?

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 29   End
TOPIC: The Millionaire Presidents