The Fiscle Cliff : Swingers Discussion 213045101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThe Fiscle Cliff
TOPIC: The Fiscle Cliff
Created by: CurtnJane
Original Starting post for this thread:
I am completely persuaded that the term “Fiscal Cliff “ is a term without meaning, designed by our so called political leaders, both left and right, for the express purpose of manipulating me into participating in the discussion of an issue that was (before the discussion) obvious and unquestionable. Now that I am discussing the issue, that means, by default, there question as to the good and right side. The term is successfully being used by both sides, on two issues, to manipulate me. THE ISSUES? Should I be paying more taxes, and should Washington be spending less money. Can you feel how successfully those SOB’s are using the term against us?

Curt n Jane

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
User Details are only visible to members.
tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.c om/2013/01/9-faces-platinum-coin-1-trillion-debt-ceiling.php

"America is once more on a collision course with the debt ceiling, threatening the economy’s fragile recovery with an entirely avoidable crisis of Congress’ own making. But there may be a way to avoid the whole mess: President Obama can legally mint a commemorative coin worth $1 trillion to guarantee the nation’s creditworthiness. That creates its own crisis, however — namely, who do you put on the platinum coin?"

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Obamacare will surely cure the physical cliff.

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(2157 posts)
On a cable TV, non-news channel some uninformed-sounding guys were trying to talk politics. They were talking about "the physical cliff". I swear that's what they said.

Aging might be a kind of "physical cliff". For some years, you notice how injuries don't heal so quickly as they once did. Recoveries just take longer. And then decline is noticeably quicker. Before you can prepare for it, some physical aspect has just gone over a cliff.

It might be your hair, erectile function or recovery time, being able to sleep thru the night, how many rounds of tennis/basketball/golf you can go without pain, or how many drinks you can have without a hangover.

This cliff may strike different parts of you at 40, or 60, or 80.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
It's such a Democrat idea.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
“One sure way to determine the social conscience of a government is to examine the way taxes are collected and how they are spent. And one sure way to determine the social conscience of an individual is to get his tax reaction. Taxes, after all are the dues we pay for the privilege of membership in an organized society.” ~FDR, 1936

Why isn't that the primary element of citizenship truth in the Tea Party Patriot/Republican Party organization?

Treasure Is FL

Username hidden
(6744 posts)
Outdoor:

Lol great simplistic analogy of the two mentalities. I preticually liked the endings.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(7185 posts)
"Should I be paying more taxes, and should Washington be spending less money. ..?"

The Govt works for you, and as such, you are the employer. But you are one of many employers -- you are a member of the board of directors, and you have to reach a consensus on wages, benefits, etc.

About half of your workforce is unionized. They want more pay and better benefits, so that they'll be healthy and secure enough to do their jobs well.

The other half just wants you, the wealthy owners to do well, in hopes that you'll someday share the profits with them.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Well I will agree that much of what is said is to cause a reaction, typically fear and most of us fear falling off the cliff that the other party is driving us directly into.

Now in my view the reason for all the government spending is three fold.

A) Employers are no longer paying (trickleing down) enough cash so that the lowest end can buy enough goods and services to keep other people employed.

The end result of this is a degrading economy.

To slow or reverse this trend, the government issues a social welfare system which is meant to bridge the gap for the companies which truly cannot pay more. (Which under real capitalism, these companies would be allowed to lower all of our standards of living or go out of business.)

B) Defense spending is out of hand.

We use to have privates being paid a little better than minimum wage to cook and do other meaningless jobs which supported the trigger pullers. Now a contractor to a company like KBR or other do this job. The worker (if US citizen) is paid far in excess of the private who could double as a trigger puller.

The list of defense spending is extensive and includes R&D which ends up on the private sector advancing our society... It simply takes a while for it to make it to the public.

C) Globalization. We are no longer competing US citizen against US citizen. We are competing against the world for work.

Third world nations are able to take a group of their kids and educate them to do one specific task. They are no good in any other field but that one field... However they are exceedingly good in that one field. The reason for this is that they do not educate every one of their children... So of the ones they do educate, they can give more attention to and they can filter out the ones which will take up too much time to become a specialized tool.

More directly, the uneducated of the world are used as factory workers in conditions which we would call sweat shops. This is the third world, a world that if we are to compete with... We must lower our standards to.

History has shown us the disaster which befalls one who lowers their safety and social standards. Rather we must force these nations to raise their standards... So that they are no longer doing the minimum to get our jobs, but earning them through real competition.

This can only be accomplished by laws made in the US governing the source of products. Mandating that the factories in other nations pay a wage which would allow our workers to compete against their workers. Mandating that the third world factory be as safe and as environmentally sound as our own.

Anything less than this will of course continue to bleed our middle class jobs to a nation who sees its work force as a commodity... much like a slave owner saw a slave in the US.

To not demand such requirements of the suppliers of our goods is to be no better than those who bought goods made by a slave before the civil war freed them in the US.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(7185 posts)
I am completely persuaded that the term “Fiscal Cliff “ is a term without meaning, designed by our so called political leaders, both left and right, for the express purpose of manipulating me into participating in the discussion of an issue that was (before the discussion) obvious and unquestionable. Now that I am discussing the issue, that means, by default, there question as to the good and right side. The term is successfully being used by both sides, on two issues, to manipulate me. THE ISSUES? Should I be paying more taxes, and should Washington be spending less money. Can you feel how successfully those SOB’s are using the term against us?

Curt n Jane

Pasadena CA

Username hidden
(180 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
TOPIC: The Fiscle Cliff