The Fiscal Cliff : Swingers Discussion 2143331041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThe Fiscal Cliff
TOPIC: The Fiscal Cliff
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   41 to 50 of 51   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Total cost to date 1.39 trillion divided by total number of days some where around 3700

Kenosha WI
Username hidden
(37 posts)
Anyone care to take a guess what our wars cost daily?

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8016 posts)
We were not out of debt we simply brought in enough money to pay the bills the debt has consistently grown since Reagan. The Tech bubble and deflation created by Free Trade Agreements created enormous tax revenue 1999 proved to be the most revenue brought in by the Govt. The surplus was based on the assumption there would be no recessions and revenues would stay at that level for the following decade

Kenosha WI
Username hidden
(37 posts)
"We did fine under Clinton's white house, so why can't we do it again to get out of debt.. "

We did fine under Newt's Congress.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16835 posts)
There is a way and it was written out very well by Bowles- Simpson for every dollar of new taxes cut 3 of spending. Institute a 2% National sales tax and actually cut programs not just future growth of current programs

Kenosha WI
Username hidden
(37 posts)
"We did fine under Clinton's white house, so why can't we do it again to get out of debt.."

Clinton was willing to compromise, Obama is not.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19239 posts)
I don't really believe there is just one way to make things better. America has to want to heal and that requires, across the board sacrifice from everyone that benefits from living here..

We did fine under Clinton's white house, so why can't we do it again to get out of debt..

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8016 posts)
We could wrap in it pretty quickly with 2 very unpopular ideas.

Bring our military home

Stop financial aid to other nations

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8016 posts)
As I understand, the cliff has been avoided for 2 months anyway.

I guess I think about this in the terms of Joe The Plumber...

If your house fills with water, would you raise the roof or try and get rid of the water?

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Did you really think it would be any other way?

"Revenue" increases always come up short of what they predict when taxes increase, because predictions always are based on static models and presume that there can never be a negative impact on the revenue stream. While we can debate the extent to which that will happen, I know of nobody who denies the fact that the effect is real.

Woo hoo $15 billion in spending reductions. Of course, this won't stop anyone from introducing new spending bills. All it is in a reduction of spending already in place. New spending will still be unlimited. This is meaningless.

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(19135 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   41 to 50 of 51   End
TOPIC: The Fiscal Cliff