Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › The Economy and Jobs
TOPIC: The_Economy_and_Jobs
« Prev  1 ...  76  77  78  79  80  81 
801 to 805 of 805
User Details are only visible to members.
Sim yall are lucky,I bet we wont see many people say things are looking up as far as jobs go.

Mickey.

Maurice LA
Username hidden
(6030 posts)
Pilot season is just starting here in Hollywood and we are gearing up in work. I will have to add one more staff member in the next month. Production projections for California look good this year with the added incentives the state is now giving. Run away productions to other states have been our problem in the past, but that shouldn't be such an issue with the new legislation.

Gresham OR
Username hidden
(8698 posts)
Until we change the seen in washington and get all the scum out of office,,I dont think we will see much in growth,I am in the oilfield and it is slower now thenit was in the 80's Allot of that is because the CAP & TRADE and the taxes our POTUS wants to place on the oil companys. Sad thing is just in N Louisiana there is 30 years of drilling to be done,,Which means 1000's of jobs. Until things change they are not going to do much as for as work and jobs.

Mickey.

Maurice LA
Username hidden
(6030 posts)
In my area , the building trades are stagnant to be gentle about it. Many of the larger companies have cut back staff, and also started to bid remodeling jobs they have not done in over 10 years( since the last boom). Quite a few smaller sized companies like my own are in 2 classes. Class 1- Those with heavy debt load are so tight they are slashing prices to just work to pay on notes, and selling off equipment to keep afloat.

Class 2- those who don't have the heavy debt load but find they are now forced to bid so conservative because of the other class.

people are not spending the money, even if they have it. There are very few luxury projects going on, many are just doing minimal maintnance and or repairs. Some of the local union trades are expecting those who signed the book as recent as this january expect to be idle or on unemployment for 1.5 - 2 years.....

I do not see any major improvement until the housing market starts to move. or banks Free up money, I do not expect to see either happen any time soon

Middletown NY
Username hidden
(9784 posts)
In our daily life we mostly come in contact and interact with other self employed individuals (our work, our community). Almost unanimous in consent is the feeling that things are not getting better, in fact for many, worse as savings are getting eaten away. In over a year we can't recall anyone with whom we talk to suggesting they are planning to hire anytime soon.

This post has been created "not" as a place to complain about this group or that, this politician or that, rather this post has been created in hopes that it may serve as a economic barometer of sorts, where you the posting person can provide insight to others what you see and hear or actually experience/feel within your daily life, the good or the bad.

Huntingdon Vy PA
Username hidden
(1067 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  76  77  78  79  80  81 
801 to 805 of 805
TOPIC: The Economy and Jobs
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.