Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › The Economy and Jobs
TOPIC: The_Economy_and_Jobs
« Prev  1 ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ... 81  Next »
131 to 140 of 805
User Details are only visible to members.
I would pay $80 for a pair of jeans if they are well made. Actually $80 is cheap.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Lucky while it is not illegal to ASK to look at the receipt it is extremely rude. The practice has been stopped here after a lawsuit was filed. IMO it shows a level of distrust of a customer who has done nothing to warrant suspicion. Walmart does not care about being rude, they know because of their prices it will not dent their base. But they do care about law suits, and with numerous suits hanging over their head for overactive untrained security they are starting to get the message. We just recently had a elderly door greeter killed by security chasing a shoplifter. Care to guess how much this is going to cost them compared to the losses over shoplifting?

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
So you dont have security where you work? Cameras, drawer audits? and shop lifting SOP?

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12444 posts)
For the record It's theoretically illegal. when they check your receipt and merchandise after you pass the pos.

No it makes customers aware that stealing is not tolerated and the Info goes no where. Whats the problem? being in retail stealing adds to the cost of what we all buy.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12444 posts)
Sweet it is rude, but not illegal. You or anyone else can refuse to allow them to see the receipt they will do nothing if you do. I have never shown them my receipt, and never had a problem.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
I managed a Footlocker for 5, a Athlete's foot for 6, and so retail was my initial back ground. Went through 2 years of training, with FW Woolworth. So my ratail background and managing is what I do. I own a business and know that some times it is not Managements fault. I have had very little trouble with walmarts service. There have always been disgruntled employee's but every company has those malcontent workers.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12444 posts)
Sometimes a wink and a smile goes a long way. Maybe just maybe the long line is due to an ASSHOLE customer.And 9 times out of 10 it was a customer who put them in a bad mood not the company.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12444 posts)
But these corporations have the power to make changes, both directly and through public persuasion. But the truth is they like things the way they are and just say screw america.

I have to disagree with this. If you didnt think the Money bubble wasnt going to burst sooner or later you were asleep at the wheel. I have shopped therefor over 20 year and have never complained about service. Bought a Briggs and Strantan power washer and 4 years later it lost the impeller and I took it back Got a brand new washer to replace it. An American product backed by an American Company.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12444 posts)
It has become a need not a want to shop at walmart and such today. People are broke!!!! It isn't un-American. Anyone that believes that hiring Millions of people is UN-American is stupid. 2 I would shop at sears if they didn't have the same products as walmart at some times twice the price. Companies paying commission on a toaster needs to reevaluate their paying standards.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12444 posts)
SWEET here is the bottom line, if Americans REALLY cared about the economy then they would NOT shop at Wal-Marts. K-marts, Targets or any OTHER place that sells items made in other countries, they would ONLY BUY AMERICAN, but guess what WE as a consumer nation want what is the CHEAPEST.....And BIG business wants to make big bucks as well, so they only have the company buyers buy at the LOWEST bids...They may be Americans but they owe everything to the stockholders, other wise they would LOOSE their jobs as CEO's and CFO's... Come on Sweet it is called capitalism.....THAT is what drives US to make more money.....

Keller TX
Username hidden
(561 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ... 81  Next »
131 to 140 of 805
TOPIC: The Economy and Jobs
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.