The Day General Patraeus Betrayed Us : Swingers Discussion 2115581021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThe Day General Patraeus Betrayed Us
TOPIC: The Day General Patraeus Betrayed Us
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 168   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Numerous servers are used between point A and point B. Some of those servers keep hard backups of everything that goes through them.

Although I don't know the specifics, I'm pretty sure if one needs it badly enough, one can figure out which servers it's gone through, and then dig through their backups.

I can't go further than this - we'll need a bigger egghead.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19804 posts)
"One should always assume that anything released into the ether is public and can be retrieved."

I completely agree. What I would like to know is exactly how.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4042 posts)
Agreed.

An an sort of unrelated note -

I have the rather naughty-looking profile of a woman I know from the lifestyle come up as a suggested contact all the freakin' time. We absolutely have no friends in common. For the life of me, I do not know what it is that causes her to come up as a suggested contact. SOMETHING out there has us tied together.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19804 posts)
One should always assume that anything released into the ether is public and can be retrieved.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
I wasn't talking about the best way, or a more proactive way. I think the question was "I wrote a potentially embarrassing email X years ago - if someone had the intense interest to get that email, is it possible?"

I think the answer is "maybe". Could even be "probably".

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19804 posts)
VA:

"I imagine the same thing applies with emails. If someone wants it badly enough and is willing to put in the resources to find it, I imagine that almost any email is retrievable. I could be wrong."

You are partly correct. If you have enough rescources and man power... you can overwhelm the security systems and hack in... (so long as the people you are hacking don't pull the plug.) However the best way to hack someone is from the source. You do this by installing a spy ware program and monitoring the persons activities.

This is why the US government outlaws you from using your personal media on their computers. (USB, external drives, CD's, other) As well as going to non-approved sites.

While deployed, Yahoo, hot mail and a few other email systems were blocked... I was lucky enough to have been using a under the radar site which didn't make the blocked site list.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7576 posts)
The general rule with hacking is that *anything* can be hacked, provided someone wants in badly enough and has the skill, knowledge, resources and time to get in.

I imagine the same thing applies with emails. If someone wants it badly enough and is willing to put in the resources to find it, I imagine that almost any email is retrievable. I could be wrong.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19804 posts)
LQQK:

"So if I send an e-mail and even though I delete it right after I send it and the person I send it to reads it and also deletes it, that mail can be retrieved from the server that handles my e-mail account? How long does an average e-mail stay on the server? Days, months, years? I guess all the FBI has to do is know my e-mail address and then they can find the server it goes through?"

Until someone deletes all records of the email, and yes it gets worst as this holds true for photos and anything else... More over the email and photos are copied at some level on all the servers that the data passes through which in some cases can be between one and X number of servers.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7576 posts)
"Every email goes through a server."

So if I send an e-mail and even though I delete it right after I send it and the person I send it to reads it and also deletes it, that mail can be retrieved from the server that handles my e-mail account? How long does an average e-mail stay on the server? Days, months, years? I guess all the FBI has to do is know my e-mail address and then they can find the server it goes through?

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4042 posts)
I certainly would never count on it being gone, no matter what steps anyone ever takes.

If it's to or from a work email, I can virtually guarantee you it will be on their server for many years.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19804 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 168   End
TOPIC: The Day General Patraeus Betrayed Us