The Bachelor : Swingers Discussion 77720101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThe Bachelor
TOPIC: The Bachelor
Created by: dzzyred
Original Starting post for this thread:
OK, so im a little embarrased by this thread but mrs. dzzy loves this show and so im stuck watchin it right now and although i can't believe my ears the bacherlor just said..."are u fucking kiddin me!!!" on network tv at 10:45 east coast time. i was shocked, not that i really care but still was shocked. we stared at each other and said what did he say!?? can't find any confirmation online but i sure as hell believe me ears!!

i know that none of u political posters watch this show but i thought it was of interest in light of post janet jackson indecency stuff.

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
User Details are only visible to members.
SandJ I think the difference is that networks are subject to the law, penalties/fines are administered if they do not adhere to the rules.

However, Dick Cheney fancies himself as "the law", hence penalties do not apply to him. It's an instance of "do as I say, not as I do" ...

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
Eandr, you are assuming that "tricky dick" has enough class to bother with the closed doors. Since the beginning of this admin, its been proven again and again that he is a classless politico who ONLY wants to deal with people who agree with him.

But as far as this goes, you ARE right. CSpan did NOT censor the remark at all, and it was loud and clear! I just assumed because CSpan is considered cable it let the remark stand. But The Bachelor is a network show, and they've always had pretty rough-tempered censors. S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
I bet if old Tricky Dick could get Senator Reid or Dennis Kucinich behind closed doors he'd have a few choice words to spew their way....

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
I watched that too, and with probably a lot greater interest since it was our State's senator he was talking to, rofl. S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
You are truly sick!!!

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
"i can't believe my ears the bacherlor just said..."are u fucking kiddin me!!!" on network tv at 10:45 east coast time."

Whoop-de-doo. Dick Cheney once told a Senator to "go fuck yourself" on the Senate floor. I saw it on CSPAN!

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
it was very clear and just a general conversation. i wasnt even watchin it really and heard it clearly, very odd

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Dzzy, was it really clear on TV? If it was a quick comment, maybe they left it in because it could have been mistaken for something else? As I said, I didn't see it. My girlfriend told me it was (quote) clear as hell (unquote). lol

I see your point about bleeping out the VaTech attacker's comments, but letting this by. Its a strange and wonderful world most of the time. But the friend is still on a rant this morning, wanting to "revoke" any and all free speech rights the networks have, rofl. The background is that she'd grounded her teenage son for saying the same thing about a month ago. S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
i was just very surprised because the show is soo scripted and it certainly didnt just "slip by". in light of the super bowel incident, et al and the fines it just really caught me off guard.

here we have this stupid show and the can keep the F bomb in but i found it ironic that when the played the rantings of the lunatic from virginia tech over and over the had to bleep it out.

we live in an interesting country.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Dzzy, don't watch the show, but my girlfriend called me to tell me about it! She had her two teenagers watching with her, and one of them turned to her and said, "see Mom, everyone says it". Needless to say she's on an anti-free speech rant now, so I had to calm her down.

I'm with SandN. No way do I want government interference in this. Its everyday life, and my sympathies go out to parents who have to, amid all this, TRY to raise kind, thoughtful and courteous children who will turn into the same type of adult. Certainly the comment was inappropriate, and just serves to remind myself why I don't watch much network TV anymore. S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
TOPIC: The Bachelor