The Angry White Man : Swingers Discussion 99284
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThe Angry White Man
TOPIC: The Angry White Man
Created by: perfectmatch The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 39   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Sweetbutt:

Lincoln was for the political equality of African-Americans at a time when many intellectuals and leaders in the South were reduced African peoples to property with no rights and no equal humanity in any respect.

He was profoundly anti-slavery even as he did not views Africans as his social equals. He was not a saint, but he was progressive and personally opposed in deep and beautiful ways to slavery. He deserves his recognition as one of the two or three greatest presidents in our history, if not the greatest.

I respect Lincoln deeply for his following views about slavery:

SLAVERY

The slave-breeders and slave-traders, are a small, odious and detested class, among you...

--August 24, 1855 Letter to Joshua Speed

I have always hated slavery, I think as much as any Abolitionist. --July 10, 1858 Speech at Chicago

Now I confess myself as belonging to that class in the country who contemplate slavery as a moral, social and political evil... --October 7, 1858 Debate at Galesburg, Illinois

This is a world of compensations; and he who would be no slave, must consent to have no slave. --April 6, 1859 Letter to Henry Pierce

We believe that the spreading out and perpetuity of the institution of slavery impairs the general welfare. We believe -- nay, we know, that that is the only thing that has ever threatened the perpetuity of the Union itself.

--September 17, 1859 Speech in Cincinnati, Ohio

You think slavery is right and ought to be extended; while we think it is wrong and ought to be restricted. That I suppose is the rub. It certainly is the only substantial difference between us.

--December 22, 1860 Letter to Alexander Stephens

I am naturally anti-slavery. If slavery is not wrong, nothing is wrong. I can not remember when I did not so think, and feel. And yet I have never understood that the Presidency conferred upon me an unrestricted right to act officially upon this judgment and feeling. --April 4, 1864 Letter to Albert Hodges

One eighth of the whole population were colored slaves, not distributed generally over the Union, but localized in the Southern part of it. These slaves constituted a peculiar and powerful interest. All knew that this interest was, somehow, the cause of the war. --March 4, 1865 Inaugural Address

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
hell the mexican invasion is costing us 10 times Iraq.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Sappo the lemmings are making your point for you. Bitching about taxes and watching as their conservative hero "W" marches them to the fiscal cliff. With the interest payments on his deficits.

$200B just for the Iraq debacle this year alone and he has know intention of paying for it.

If you want to fight this stupid war he lied us into the least he could do is pay for it.

Key West FL
Username hidden
(2881 posts)
If you want to critique racism, then why are you always quoting the Saintly Lincoln, when he was one of the most well known racist in the history of the United States?

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
DiamondGirl:

I'm just noting that it is Hubbell who brought up race first in his essay by entitling it "The Angry White Man."

I'd say the same thing about who brought up race first if it was called "The Angry Black Man" or "The Angry Brown" man.

If I wrote an essay called "The Angry Black Man" or the "Angry Brown Man" complaining about the racism and xenophobia of some whites in this country, I'd be attacked by some people in this forum, including you probably, for being a race monger.

What America fears the most is an Angry Black Man, as we know that rage is justified, and we don't want to hear. It's much better for black men to sing and dance and make us laugh or chauffeur Miss Daisy or be smiling like Uncle Ben or Bill Cosby. The only way black men can safely express their anger about racism in America is in stand-up comedy.

Obama has to make white people feel comfortable enough so that he will not be raising issues to make whites feel guilty about racism. He's avoiding issues of race as much as Tiger Woods does, as he knows that if he raises any anger, he will be attacked just as Michelle Obama was attacked for saying that for the first time in her life she felt "really proud" about America.

Imagine if Michelle Obama said publicly what she wants to say about racism in America but can't.

Imagine if she began complaining about the significant percentage of Americans who say they will not vote for a black man for president.

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
OR the waste in the mexican invasion of the US which is billions more than the Iraq action.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Patogether:

Thanks for fitting so perfectly the stereotype of the angry white man who can't stop whining about libs and lazy people....and who fails to acknowledge the much more significant and expensive ways that the US government wastes and misuses taxpayer money. It amazes me that anger is not directly at all the rich tax cheats, who get the tax loopholes, or who use off-shore tax havens to dodge taxes, or who get tax cuts that John McCain described as unconscionable.

20% of the federal budget goes for Defense spending. We spend more on defense than all the rest of the countries in the world combined. We are spending $10 billion a month on a war poorly planned and executed and that was unnecessary to fight.

So focus your anger on people down at the bottom. Make yourself feel better by feeling yourself so much better than other people. Forget that we are our brother's keeper and that at the heart of Christ's own social agenda was to care for the poor and sick.

You complain about people on welfare, but then you are unwilling to fund the job programs and job training and improvements in education that would help keep people off welfare.

A significant percentage of people on welfare are single moms and women who became pregnant as teenagers..... But the way Cons want to fight against teenage pregancy is "Just Say No" campaigns that don't work.

Are you willing to fund the anti-poverty programs designed to keep people from ever needing welfare? Are you willing to invest in quality education in low income neighborhoods and Head Start programs? Are you willing to vote for politicians who stress doing more to keep jobs within the United States.

I'd rather spend $250 billion on investment in new jobs in constructing infrastructure and developing alternative energy resources than sinking it down into interest payments on a massive debt caused by an unnecessary war and Bush's cowardly decision to avoid asking Americans to pay for the war he wanted.

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
DiamondGirl:

Please note the title of the essay by Hubbell: It's called "The Angry White Man."

Please note the word "white" in this title.

The title is not "An Angry Man." It is "The Angry WHITE Man" (and I capitalize 'white' so you can see who is invoking a racial category at the very outset.

Are you blind to the fact that long before I criticized this essay, whiteness is invoked, or a race-card is played....by Hubbell?

Why didn't Hubbell just say, I'm angry at people government handouts.

Please note also that more white people are on welfare than minorities.

Is Hubbell also angry at white people who are on welfare? Are you also angry at white people on welfare?

Why is it that when we think of welfare, we just think of some black welfare queen in Chicago and not about all the white people on welfare in rural areas?

p.s. I have posted about a range of topics and your claim that I throw race and racism into every post is baloney exaggeration.

When I do bring up race and racism, my objective is to critique racism and prejudice and bigotry. Condeming slavery and segregation and racial prejudice is not racist. It's a critique of racism.

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
"IT" is as the topic suggests an Angry White IT and on the wrong side of politics

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
DG, if he does your in good company, I think he hates most of us :-)

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19305 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 39   End
TOPIC: The Angry White Man