The Angry Brown Man : Swingers Discussion 99444
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThe Angry Brown Man
TOPIC: The Angry Brown Man
Created by: sappholovers
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
User Details are only visible to members.
if you are a fucking ILLegal criminal, you should be angry at your own corrupt government in Mexico. So go fucking home and fix it or we will jail you and send your illegal ass south!

Destin FL

Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Shell,

Thanks so much for your response. I'm afraid that I might have confused you and others in my post. This thread topic, "The Angry Brown Man," was done as a parody of a thread started by someone else that featured an essay called, "The Angry White Man."

I offered a critique of the essay "The Angry White Man," and I was accused of bringing up race and racism again in my posts. In return, I pointed out that the essay itself brings up race in its title, with its declaration that the essay is from an angry WHITE man and not just from an angry man.

Confession: I am white. My essay was an attempt to articulate a point of view from a minority as the forum has very few minorities participating in it, and I was sick and tired of white people in here whining about welfare and lazy people on welfare.

I am glad that the essay called forth in the forum the point of view of someone who is Mexican-American. What you show is that your actions speak much louder than my words or anyone's words. The best way to defeat the stereotypes imposed on brown people and other minorities in America is to succeed as you have been doing, and every college degree is a triumph.

In response to the essay, "The Angry White Man," I first tried posting essays about white privilege in America and reasons for white people to feel not angry but privileged and happy in America. Responses in part to those posts prompted me to write "The Angry Brown Man," and I was assuming people reading it would know my ethnicity as this is something of a confined, constricted, stuffy group of people usually participating in the political threads.

Los Angeles CA

Username hidden
(4376 posts)
Wait, wait......nope, not gonna "call" you yet! LOL!

*Filing thru the cards in my hand*

I'm "all in" with the "single mom" card!!!

St George UT

Username hidden
(2113 posts)
I see your "woman card" and I'll raise you "three children with hearts".

Fairfield CA

Username hidden
(575 posts)
Alright, alright! LOL.....You can't go "playing the brown card" around here. I might just have to bring out my "playing the woman card". ; )

St George UT

Username hidden
(2113 posts)
FYI: I'm not an angry brown man.

Immigration reform is critically needed. However, you can't compare the 1600's with post 1980 period.

History has also recorded countries conquering other countries in its earliest times. One classic case was the Muslims taking over the southern region of Italy and, in particular, Sicily. The Roman Empire took land as far as England.

Fairfield CA

Username hidden
(575 posts)
sapp, I am half mexican American myself. I understand what you are saying in that some people do see people with brown skin as nothing more than grass cutters and maids. Unfortunately ignorance cannot be bred out. How do you beat that? You go to college, get an education and live a successful life. There may be people who still feel like you are what you described in your post. But so long as you pay your own bills and raise your children well what do you care anyways? I was in the Army, a very male dominated society. I was told by more than one man that I did not belong, that women should not be active duty. Did that cause me to give up? Nope. You cannot ever be but who you are so the key is not to be angry but be successful. Every time a mexican American gets a college degree la raza is brought up. But thats just my opinion. Shell

San Marcos TX

Username hidden
(23960 posts)
The Pilgrims came over and conquered American Indians, and then American settlers kept crossing borders, invading Indian land protected by treaties and legal agreements.

The American West was settled by illegal immigrants.....Americans crossing over into lands that did not belong to them or taking that land by violence.

In the years of the early Republic, and in Puritan times, there was no INS, no need for green cards, no 700 mile long fences.....

I don't remember Indians asking the Pilgrims for their documents to live and work here.

Of course there are differences between Pilgrims and illegal immigrants, but there are also similarities..... people coming here for opportunity and a better life....

I'm for Immigration reform. I do not condone illegal stuff. But I also do not like xenophobia.

Los Angeles CA

Username hidden
(4376 posts)
Sapp, When the Pilgrims came here there was no Government. This was wild land, it was not a Nation. Pilgrims became settlers, settlers became colonists, colonists revolted against a tyrannical King. The revolutionists became our founding fathers. They created a government, they made laws that were not in place when the Pilgrims arrived. We have laws today in our society. Illegals coming into this country are doing so illegally. Therefore they are committing criminal acts. If someone wants to come here they should do it how the laws describe. Personally I don't think someone should get a visa after being here illegally. Visas should only be given in ones home country. No visa no citizenship. If you get caught here illegally you are photographed, fingerprinted and deported.

Spencer TN

Username hidden
(6438 posts)
I'm a brown man, and I'm angry.

I'm a U.S.A. citizen, and I'm angry at all the people who looked upon me as Mexican and not as an American.

I'm as red, white and blue as any other citizen of this country, but all some people seem to see is brown and illegal when they look at me.

I'm angry because people see some signs in Spanish and people speaking Spanish and get all hot and bothered to pass an amendment to the Constitution making English the official language.

Don't they know that over 95% of the sons and daughters of Mexican immigrants in the USA become fluent in English, just as the sons and daughters of foreign-speaking immigrants have always down in America? And don't they understand that it's not easy for any foreign-speaker to learn a new language in 5 years. Damn, how many students take a foreign language in school for 4 years and fail to gain fluency in the language? How long would it take you English-speaking Americans to learn Spanish if you lived in Spain or Japanese if you lived in Japan, while trying to work and raise a family as well?

I'm angry at Patrick Buchanan who fear-mongers about a Third World Conquest and Invasion of America just because some brown people are crossing the border and coming to America, just as the Pilgrims did, to seek a better life for themselves and their children.

I'm angry at all these people whining about lazy Americans living off of welfare, and brown people are willing to do all the shit jobs in America and work hard and succeed and we are being looked upon as a threat to American values when we are embracing American values of hard work and family.

The divorce rate of brown people is much lower than the divorce rate of Anglos, but too many white people are saying we are the threat to American values and society.

I'm angry that so many people are up in arms about undocumented workers but they are so happy to hire undocumented workers to do some shit jobs around their home or take care of their children and so many businesses are willing to hire us because they can get us for lower wages. Where is the anger about all the businesses employing undocumented workers or looking the other way.

Going to school, I contantly read in American history textbooks that America is the land of immigrants.... Come here, work hard, and you will succeed. I've done that..... and my kids are in college...

But damn, we still get looked at as if we are second-class Americans, not real Americans.

If seems as if you have to be white and angry at minorities to be a real American....

I guess I better get pissed off at lazy black people, so I can be called a real American and fully accepted.

Los Angeles CA

Username hidden
(4376 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
TOPIC: The Angry Brown Man