Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › The ANT AND THE GRASSHOPPER
TOPIC: The_ANT_AND_THE_GRASSHOPPER
Created by: apriltom2007 The original post for this thread was deleted.
1 to 10 of 10
User Details are only visible to members.
Now, it appears you're back on line and have time to expand upon your interjection.

You didn't touch a single topic that I spoke on.

Sit there and blame yourself if you want to. Did you do anything other than vote? Representatives, congressmen, and other elected and appointed officials do the good/bad that affects others. How did you or anyone else (non politician) cause this mess?

Your previous reply was so vague. You didn't say anything. The floor is yours with the chance to shine -- again. Everything I wrote is so wrong, but you don't have the facts and answers. Wow!

Brown Deer WI
Username hidden
(575 posts)
This mess has been building since the new deal,unfortunatly it has been ignored dems and repubs alike .Now those social programs and big government spending has to stop,I should say it absolutly will stop ,if cuts are made now some good programs will make it, if it dosent the bank gets empty we cant pay and they all do.It really is just 2 choices conservatives fighting for the first the liberals the latter.

Downingtown PA
Username hidden
(1169 posts)
"Priap, all I have to say is Wow.....lol" -- sorry, that's an extremely vague exclammation. Please elaborate and expand upond those 3 letters?

"You hit on so many points it would take me all day to show you how wrong you are." -- If so many, than throw a few out there. And show the facts, not that my opinions don't match yours or the Good Folks at FUX Entertainment. You wrote past this point. This was your golden time to shine on how I'm wrong and you're correct on all of this.

"Things begin and end with ourselves and to blame EVERYTHING on the political parties is like that kid in school that blames his poor scores on the dog for eating his homework."

I have a nice new cross here. Made out of cactus, but we can nail you to it like Hey-Zeus since you want to bear the blame. You work? Pay your taxes. Not convicted of crimes. You voted. You're done. Re-adjust the antenae on your head for better FUX Reception. The politicians make laws. We have to abide and pay our taxes. We're done at that point and can vote again next time.

"Take a step back and think of the things that you do in your daily life that might have an effect with what is going on in our country. It's called being accountable."

See and read above. Unless, you're running for office?

"BTW, the "Thanks for playing" comment shows that you think all this is a game, when in reality, none of what is happening is funny."

Stick around! Thanks is the nicest word you'll read on these forums. But, do feel free free to read below in my response to the other guy who parrot'd my words. When is the Rep party going to change their damn symbol to the Parrot?

Brown Deer WI
Username hidden
(575 posts)
"Prias do you have the idea the cost of the base material is the sole influence in the price of a finished product ? That their are no other factors that reflect the cost at the pump than the cost of crude? Really? Oh thanks for playin ;-)"

Do you mean the sky-high pay for ppl that work for companies like BP, Shell or Aramco? Or the fed and local taxes applied to gas -- at their will? The stuff that makes gas in Peoria, AZ cheaper than any other place this week? Or how about the excuse they give us as the cost of shipping goes up (which they control) and they must pass the coss of transportation to us.

Please do tell us all of the factors that makes gas cost more in NY, LA, CHI than in Phx, Atl, Miss., TN, etc. since you want to compare the oil industry to the economics of the business that you do. And don't try to twist it to the "I asked you first" game that some of those on the Right love to play.

And the "thanks for playing" had to do with our buying lottery scratch-offs and voting in a two-party system. Everyone votes for a candidate that has no possibility to come thru on all of his/her promises. And promise speeches do tend to change from city to city or audience to audience to get their votes.

Brown Deer WI
Username hidden
(575 posts)
Prias do you have the idea the cost of the base material is the sole influence in the price of a finished product ? That their are no other factors that reflect the cost at the pump than the cost of crude? Really? Oh thanks for playin ;-)

Downingtown PA
Username hidden
(1169 posts)
"I do not blame anyone but myself for the way our country is. If I had paid more attention and was more involved in the political arena as you all seem to be, then maybe I would not be so angry at myself about the current condition of our country."

You didn't cause this mess -- politics and big business did. We're all just pawns in the game. No candidates are going to win an election by one vote. We vote and root for our party colors. Thanks for playing. It's like buying that scratch off lottery tkt. Once we scratch off the little silver cover, we get what we get.

It's the way of the world. In all seriousness, I blame it all on inflation and the banks. Over-extended credit ruined many, millions of ppl. Our salaries are just not catching up with costs of living. Next time you're in a grocery store, check out the prices of veggie/corn oil. Then compare the size of that bottle to the price you would have paid if it was a gallon. Our gov't subsidizes and tells farmers, when, where, and how much corn to produce -- and sometimes pay them to keep fields empty.

Corn is the enemy!!! Worse than schedule drugs!!!!

But, really though. The costs of a barrel of crude or refined have not gone up as drastically as many of our foods, but we pay more for groceries? And they say shipping costs have gone up. But why and how? Check out the price of gasoline over the past 10-15 yrs v.s. the changes in the oil barrels. The oil countries and related companies are not taking losses.

Brown Deer WI
Username hidden
(575 posts)
April I believe we have heard the story before but it is always good to hear it again. While I definitely lean to the right, and am politically inclined, it is good to see the awareness of those who were not involved in the past. I believe even some liberals are becoming alarmed at the mess we are in.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Or Freddie Fracks.

**ZZ**

Minneapolis MN
Username hidden
(9142 posts)
I love it april,may we all be better ants.

Downingtown PA
Username hidden
(1169 posts)
And then you blame Obama and all previous Democrat politicians and say the Republicans are all satisfied each time they vote Rep and the results.

Brown Deer WI
Username hidden
(575 posts)
1 to 10 of 10
TOPIC: The ANT AND THE GRASSHOPPER
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.