The 4rth Branch of Government : Swingers Discussion 81577
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThe 4rth Branch of Government
TOPIC: The 4rth Branch of Government
Created by: dzzyred
Original Starting post for this thread:
The Office of Vice President Dick Cheney told an agency within the National Archives that for purposes of securing classified information, the Vice President's office is not an 'entity within the executive branch' according to a letter released Thursday by the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. classic cheneian logic!
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 35   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Knock Boots Nice blog I am sure cutting and pasting was a chore for you.

Fear no I dont fear the President it is true I fear you and folks like you. Thats right People like you.You are the fear monger that some one will take away your rights... Has anyone you know been striped of their right I mean personally? Sounds like it. Sounds like you personally were arrested and tried in some secret location. and exacuted. Or at the very least you know someone. These enemy Compatants are not citizen of the United states and if they were they would and should be tried for treason. pretty simple dont you think. I am guilty of nothing and I hold no mercy for our enemies nor any quarter. I fly the "Dont tread on me banner". Summery executions for all of them in the field would have served us all better. I have sacrificed and did my time, I am the father of a Marine who has served in the field of battle three times to defend your right to defane this pesident. You speak of me as a traitor well there is one thing that you are correct about, I am in fear that this country will discount the threat that this country faces on a daily basis. You Blame this president for the woes of this country you have forgotten that this war started not by us started long ago. They took advantage of our weakness and our unwillingness to take the fight to our enemies. And we continue to pay for the mistakes of past leaders who took a party to the White House instead of leading us into the next century. You all point to corruption in our government and you think this is new, you are wrong been happening for a very long time. The challenge is to find a piece of ground and stand by it. And defend it with your life, and people like you refuse to do so in a very cowardly fashion and I resent it very much. In my sight I am very proud of this pesident for standing on the wall and defending this country. I am proud of the ideals of this country and you are not. You thump your chest screaming injustice while at the same time you carry the same right to do so. You use the constitution like it is your freak flag when all along it is a document that is a living breathing document that flies in the face of all that you believe it is. Now none of what I have written is blogged from another site and none of it was copied and pasted it is from my heart and it is truly what I believe.

"Dont Tread on Me"

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
Perfect

"This is America, remember? Innocent until proven guilty. Why hasn't the ACLU been sucessessful. Surely there are enough 'thinking' liberals to support the continued prosecution of a President who violated the Constitution. No? "

Yes on the face of it that would appear to be true. However, when it comes to a sitting president and his administration it sometimes gets very difficult to obtain information/facts beyond a suspicion that it is occurring due to the excersice of "executive privilige". How many months has congress been trying to garner information regarding Gonzolas and white house involvment? Executive privelege is what is being used to avoid giving up information. Should executive privelege be banned, NO but that little annoyance impedes collection of intelligent information with which to act upon. Many times presidents are out of office for decades before all info is available....and they are usually dead before that happens.

St Petersburg FL

Username hidden
(989 posts)
Lucky

IMO lack of charges or convictions is not proof rights have not be violated. The 6th circuit courts dismissed a case by the plaintiffs because they did not have standing. However, why do you think GW did an about face and declared the activity would not be renewed after insisting it was crucial for national security and the war on terrorism? You think he did it out of a change of heart? I suspect that since Gonzales wrote to the senate it was to end the "constitutional crisis" that was about to insue.

St Petersburg FL

Username hidden
(989 posts)
But still no charges that the president violated ant ones constitutional rights. After all shouldnt he be brought up on charges? For such a High crime? Where is the beef so to speak, If he violated the constitution where are the charges?

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
Lucky

I was off a couple months (not 9 but 7):

"On January 17, 2007, Attorney General Alberto Gonzales informed U.S. Senate leaders by letter [7] that the program would not be reauthorized by the President. "Any electronic surveillance that was occurring as part of the Terrorist Surveillance Program will now be conducted subject to the approval of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court," according to his letter.[12]"

I had the letters a little off also, back through the FISC not FISA....the A was the Act

St Petersburg FL

Username hidden
(989 posts)
It seems to me that the "warrantless" wiretapping ceased about 9 months ago

Yeah and I got some bottom land in MO. for yeah...LOL

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
Yes and they continue to listen in and gather intell and have not stopped. They can fish all they want and when one hits they go to FISA Aprroved by congress.

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
"There is still other work to be done. I continue to believe that Congress should act on the outstanding 9/11 Commission recommendations to reform the legislative branch's oversight of intelligence and counterterrorism activities, which the commission described as dysfunctional," Bush said. "While this legislation does not heed the commission's advice, I hope Congress revisits the issue soon."

The independent 9/11 Commission in 2004 issued 41 recommendations covering domestic security, intelligence gathering and foreign policy. Congress and the White House followed through on some, including creating a director of national intelligence, tightening land border screening and cracking down on terrorist financing. Democrats, after taking over control of Congress, promised to make completing the list a top priority.

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
Lucky

"And they continue to use these methods and the court has stayed out of it and even upheld it. And congress just approved these methods for the second time."

It seems to me that the "warrantless" wiretapping ceased about 9 months ago and now they have to go through FISA conerning domestic phones.

St Petersburg FL

Username hidden
(989 posts)
against unreasonable searches and seizures,

So stopping terror in our contry is unreasonable to you?

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 35   End
TOPIC: The 4rth Branch of Government