Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics The 2012 Presidential Debates
TOPIC: The 2012 Presidential Debates
GoTo Page: Less ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Start   231 to 240 of 272   End
User Details are only visible to members.
My impression was essentially the opposite of VaBeach's. The moderator immediately relinquished control when Romney insisted he would talk on as long as he felt like doing. Both candidates returned to their talking points multiple times, regardless of the alleged topic, ignoring Lehrer's pleas to get back to the schedule.

It may well be that no single moderator can control 2 debaters. A panel of questioners might actually have fact-checking capability, and contradict the candidate when he makes unsubstantiated claims.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
My 21-year old daughter posts:

"Tired of hearing about the election"

Typical of the youth in America. This does not bode well for Obama.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
VA the next debate will be on foriegn policy. I think if Obama comes to that debate with out energy as he did last night he is done. Pundits are already making excuses for his lack of ability to think on his feet. In fact he was out of it completely. They are saying he didnt look well. He must have been sick. Come on he got his ass kicked. And everyone will say Romney was new and fresh when in fact that was the real Mitt and the same Mitt that has been campaigning all along. The Media has been focused on the lies about him and not the truth. If roles were reversed over these last 18 months Romney would be headed for a landslide at this point.

The next debate will bring new revelations about our foriegn policy.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
What does this tell you -

A number of people on my facebook page are abuzz about the debates last night.

My 21-year old daughter posts:

"Tired of hearing about the election"

It has been "liked" by a whole mess of her friends.

Basically, they don't really care.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20264 posts)
It'll be interesting to see how the next debates go. That was the best debate I have ever seen in the sense that both candidates stayed on topic, addressed each other properly, were respectful and *fairly* clear and concise, trying to stay away from zingers and slogans. Kudos to both of them. The moderator did a terrific job.

I remember in the 2004 debates - the first one, Bush seemed tired, distracted and irritable, like he just wanted to go home, although Kerry did not bring a dominating performance. I'm sure it made Bush, and will make Obama, sit back and say "holy shit I need to step this up" and we likely won't see a repeat of it. One ass-kicking will provide a temporary bump. 3 ass-kickings could cost him his job. He can't (and probably won't) let that happen again.

I don't remember the VP debate in 2008 at all. I must not have watched it, likening it to watching 2 sloths fighting over the best spot to perch on in a tree. Amusing, perhaps, but since I didn't think much of either of them, didn't care for the outcome. As I remember in 2004, I thought Cheney absolutely squashed John Edwards, but others were divided on that.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20264 posts)
AARP want left out of the debate on Medicare.

Reverse roles last night. Romney has been villified for being not caring about the elderly and the poor. Last night The President looked like the villian that no Idea how to fix the problem, fact he lost track several time and went off into a day dream.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
"Jim Lehrer has no whites in his eyes!!! "

I noticed that.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20264 posts)
I think Obama really missed his TelePrompTer last night. Maybe He should started singing again to Woo the ladies.

Middleburg FL
Username hidden
(21 posts)
Willard will not escape the 'RomneyCare/RomneyScare' diversion he attempted to create as Obama's antagonist. Every antagonizing word, phrase, and sentence creates bad karma for the one-term Massachiettes governor and premier out-sourcer of American jobs to the Pacific rim countries.

Bad karma is a wicked poison.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7065 posts)
President Obama's role in the debate was not to win. It was to show America the nature of a Vulture Capitalist and Mormontology Seducer.

Wicked Willard has been exposed. Fact-checking will follow him in the 21st Century blogosphere of righteous perception.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7065 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Start   231 to 240 of 272   End
TOPIC: The 2012 Presidential Debates