The 2012 Presidential Debates : Swingers Discussion 20964310221
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThe 2012 Presidential Debates
TOPIC: The 2012 Presidential Debates
GoTo Page: Less ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Start   221 to 230 of 274   End
User Details are only visible to members.
A friendly smiling salesman came to our door when I was a kid. He almost had my mom convinced she should stop buying milk. His whole pitch was about all the alleged bad effects of real milk; and how much money she'd save buying his fake milk substitute.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Romeny's flip or was it a flop to the middle left must have thrown Obama for a loop.

I must of fell a sleep at some point, because I missed the part about spending cuts. I did catch the parts about continued and increased spending from both sides.

Username hidden
(1395 posts)
Willard Mitt's escape clause from debate protocol is part of his etch-a-sketch image.

Strategy of the 'etch-a-sketch' campaign:

--Draw and erase today's image. --Redact today's image. --Recreate the etch-a-sketch image on future days. --Reject fact-checking perpetually. --Redundtly project fear of the person Barack Obama. --Reinforce fear and conformity to Republic-con Party/Tea Party/Mormonotology doctrines, with assistance from every political/relilgious hate group in America, and the Voice of Treason, Frogx Nooze.

Republic-cons for the Dark Lord show no mercy to truth-seekers. Yet, the truth sets the voter free from Mormon Dementia, because truth is real and unreality, like Mormonism, is an erasable etch-a-sketch outline, a false image of reality.

[Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of the Dark Lord of EtchaSketch Mormontology? The Shadow knows.]

Treasure Is FL

Username hidden
(6601 posts)
I heard the peeps on MSNBC completely went haywire after the debate. It remains to be seen what will come of this. This one debate on its own is not a game changer, but two more like it might be, so Obama had better step it up for the next two. I don't think foreign policy offers as much of an opportunity for Romney to deliver a knockout punch, simply because that whether or not the economy is doing poorly is not really up for debate, while foreign policy offers a lot more opportunity for candidates to expouse their vision for "how things ought to be".

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17524 posts)
Obama with his stammering, and endless, ah eh, ah, bu, ah, bu, eh, ate half of the time, I thought that Obama was railroading the moderator non stop. But I can understand that the Left is melting down.

I particularly enjoyed watching MSNBC after the debates.

Obama stayed on topic, yeah, that grandma story again and all...

Next is Foreign Policy, Romney should not take ANYTHING for granted, he can do even a better job with this one. The Right just can't get complacent.

Obama looked and acted awful last night, even the expressions on his face were, angry and sour, whereas Romney's kind and warm.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16513 posts)
Both Romney and Obama went over their time allotments, and both went back to certain talking points, regardless of subject. Here's the point of the debate where, I think, control was lost: ======== ROMNEY: Jim, the president began this segment, so I think I get the last word, so I'm going to take it. All right? (Chuckles.)

LEHRER: Well, you're going to get the first word in the next segment.

MR. ROMNEY: Well, but — but he gets the first word of that segment. I get the last word of that segment, I hope. Let me just make this comment.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: (Chuckles.) He can — you can have it. He can —

MR. ROMNEY: First of all —

MR. LEHRER: That's not how it works.

MR. ROMNEY: Let me — let me repeat — let me repeat what I said — (inaudible). I'm not in favor of a $5 trillion tax cut. That's not my plan. .. =========

Romney just announced he was not going to stick to the debate format, nor care at all what the moderator says, just to repeat a statement about what is NOT his plan.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Willard created a public image that proves he can 'etch-a-stetch' himself in a way that seems presidential.

Obama's summary statement about the pretentious 'etch-a-sketch' three point campaign promise was:

Regarding the first pledge, he doesn't specify what his plan is. Regarding the second pledge, he doesn't specify what his plan is. Regarding the third pledge, he doesn't specify what his plan is.

Morover, he can't do arithmatic. His federal deficit plan worsens the federal deficit. Mr. President's Hawaiian Punch knockout of Contender Romney's argumentative fight strategy was a TKO.

Treasure Is FL

Username hidden
(6601 posts)
"The moderator immediately relinquished control when Romney insisted he would talk on as long as he felt like doing."

Funny, you're definitely not the only one saying that. The web is abuzz with people who say the moderator kept trying to cut off Obama when he was going over but let Romney rattle on at length. I saw the moderator trying to cut both of them off for constantly going over.

However, minute-by-minute adding up after the debate has shown that Obama spoke for about four minutes longer than Romney, which I would say is a negligible difference. They both got equal time.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17524 posts)
"Saying ain't Doing."

Ya we all know tht one. We have witnessed that for the last nearly 4 years.

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
Saying ain't Doing.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Start   221 to 230 of 274   End
TOPIC: The 2012 Presidential Debates