The 2012 Presidential Debates : Swingers Discussion 20964310221
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThe 2012 Presidential Debates
TOPIC: The 2012 Presidential Debates
GoTo Page: Less ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Start   221 to 230 of 272   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Willard Mitt's escape clause from debate protocol is part of his etch-a-sketch image.

Strategy of the 'etch-a-sketch' campaign:

--Draw and erase today's image. --Redact today's image. --Recreate the etch-a-sketch image on future days. --Reject fact-checking perpetually. --Redundtly project fear of the person Barack Obama. --Reinforce fear and conformity to Republic-con Party/Tea Party/Mormonotology doctrines, with assistance from every political/relilgious hate group in America, and the Voice of Treason, Frogx Nooze.

Republic-cons for the Dark Lord show no mercy to truth-seekers. Yet, the truth sets the voter free from Mormon Dementia, because truth is real and unreality, like Mormonism, is an erasable etch-a-sketch outline, a false image of reality.

[Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of the Dark Lord of EtchaSketch Mormontology? The Shadow knows.]

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6978 posts)
I heard the peeps on MSNBC completely went haywire after the debate. It remains to be seen what will come of this. This one debate on its own is not a game changer, but two more like it might be, so Obama had better step it up for the next two. I don't think foreign policy offers as much of an opportunity for Romney to deliver a knockout punch, simply because that whether or not the economy is doing poorly is not really up for debate, while foreign policy offers a lot more opportunity for candidates to expouse their vision for "how things ought to be".

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19434 posts)
Obama with his stammering, and endless, ah eh, ah, bu, ah, bu, eh, ate half of the time, I thought that Obama was railroading the moderator non stop. But I can understand that the Left is melting down.

I particularly enjoyed watching MSNBC after the debates.

Obama stayed on topic, yeah, that grandma story again and all...

Next is Foreign Policy, Romney should not take ANYTHING for granted, he can do even a better job with this one. The Right just can't get complacent.

Obama looked and acted awful last night, even the expressions on his face were, angry and sour, whereas Romney's kind and warm.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16443 posts)
Both Romney and Obama went over their time allotments, and both went back to certain talking points, regardless of subject. Here's the point of the debate where, I think, control was lost: ======== ROMNEY: Jim, the president began this segment, so I think I get the last word, so I'm going to take it. All right? (Chuckles.)

LEHRER: Well, you're going to get the first word in the next segment.

MR. ROMNEY: Well, but — but he gets the first word of that segment. I get the last word of that segment, I hope. Let me just make this comment.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: (Chuckles.) He can — you can have it. He can —

MR. ROMNEY: First of all —

MR. LEHRER: That's not how it works.

MR. ROMNEY: Let me — let me repeat — let me repeat what I said — (inaudible). I'm not in favor of a $5 trillion tax cut. That's not my plan. .. =========

Romney just announced he was not going to stick to the debate format, nor care at all what the moderator says, just to repeat a statement about what is NOT his plan.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Willard created a public image that proves he can 'etch-a-stetch' himself in a way that seems presidential.

Obama's summary statement about the pretentious 'etch-a-sketch' three point campaign promise was:

Regarding the first pledge, he doesn't specify what his plan is. Regarding the second pledge, he doesn't specify what his plan is. Regarding the third pledge, he doesn't specify what his plan is.

Morover, he can't do arithmatic. His federal deficit plan worsens the federal deficit. Mr. President's Hawaiian Punch knockout of Contender Romney's argumentative fight strategy was a TKO.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6978 posts)
"The moderator immediately relinquished control when Romney insisted he would talk on as long as he felt like doing."

Funny, you're definitely not the only one saying that. The web is abuzz with people who say the moderator kept trying to cut off Obama when he was going over but let Romney rattle on at length. I saw the moderator trying to cut both of them off for constantly going over.

However, minute-by-minute adding up after the debate has shown that Obama spoke for about four minutes longer than Romney, which I would say is a negligible difference. They both got equal time.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19434 posts)
"Saying ain't Doing."

Ya we all know tht one. We have witnessed that for the last nearly 4 years.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Saying ain't Doing.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"Obama, in referring to Romney’s plan as a $5 trillion tax cut, is basing that on the estimate of reducing tax rates by 20 percent while also extending the Bush tax cuts, two planks of the plan. Romney has argued that he can eliminate loopholes and deductions to make up that revenue but has not specified which ones.

Romney has countered that “six other studies” have found that the plan can be revenue neutral, but he’s wrong about that. Those studies actually do not provide much evidence that Romney’s proposal — as sketchy as it is — would be revenue neutral without making unrealistic assumptions."

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Washington Post fact checks, from within an hour of their airing: "Romney claimed that the health care law will cost jobs; frequently Republicans use a figure of 800,000. This is based on an estimate briefly included in a lengthy budget analysis by the Congressional Budget Office in 2010, but he overstates the impact.

Boiled down to plain English, the CBO essentially said that some people who are now in the work force because they need health insurance would decide to stop working because the health care law guaranteed they would have access to health care. "

The jobs aren't "lost" by any means. A person who hangs on to his job just to maintain his health insurance probably isn't doing a very good job. If he retires, a younger person gets a job. The job didn't go anywhere.

You could just as reasonably say the job is being Created, not Lost.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Start   221 to 230 of 272   End
TOPIC: The 2012 Presidential Debates