The 'Random Gun Stories Not Worthy Of A New Thread' Thread : Swingers Discussion 219055
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsThe 'Random Gun Stories Not Worthy Of A New Thread' Thread
TOPIC: The 'Random Gun Stories Not Worthy Of A New Thread' Thread
Created by: cplofunswingers
Original Starting post for this thread:
Yeah, another gun thread. But this one is better than all the others because it's a catch all thread for random stories about/involving guns that aren't worthy of a new thread, which was hopefully a given already. Maybe this will help prevent 500 new threads on gun-related topics from popping up all the time. Doubtful, but I'll try.

First random gun post of the thread goes to:

theblaze . com/stories/2013/03/19/dad-this-picture-of-my-son-holding-a-gun-triggered-a-visit-from-nj-police-family-services/

---------------- The young man in the photo is the 11-yr-old son of Shawn Moore. The gun is a .22 rifle, a copy of the AR-15, but a 22 caliber. The photo was posted on Facebook by a proud father. That Facebook posting apparently triggered an anonymous call to New Jersey’s Department of Youth and Family Services (DYFS). On Friday night, March 15th, two representatives from the state’s social services office (along with four local police officers) came to the Moore home and demanded to see the family’s firearms.

According to Moore’s lawyer, Evan Nappen (an attorney with considerable expertise in NJ’s very strict gun laws), the situation was “outrageous.”

Here’s what Moore alleges on the Delaware open carry forum:

- NJ’s Department of Youth and Family Services (DYFS) came to his home, accompanied by police officers. They claimed to be responding to a call about a photo of a young boy holding a firearm. (photo above)

- Without a search warrant, DYFS demanded entry into Moore’s home and access to all of his firearms. Moore was not initially there, but his wife called him. - With his lawyer listening to the exchange on the phone with police and DFYS, Moore denied entry to his home and access to his safe where he stores his guns. When Moore requested the name of the DFYS representative, she refused to give it to him. - After threatening to “take my kids,” the police and Family Services worker left — “empty handed and seeing nothing.”

In an exclusive interview with TheBlaze, Mr. Nappen — the attorney who was listening to the entire incident via Moore’s speaker phone — added more details:

- The DYFS worker repeatedly demanded access to the house and for Moore to open his safe where the firearms were stored. She said that the guns should be catalogued and checked to make certain they were “properly registered.” (NJ does not require registration, it is voluntary.) - The four police officers acted professionally, they were there at the request of DYFS. - The worker refused to identify herself. Mr. Moore demanded that she giver her name. She refused and ran away. - As of Tuesday morning, Mr. Nappen believes that DYFS is still pushing for an inspection, “which is not happening.”

Mr. Nappen also shared few very important facts about this case. For instance, Shawn Moore holds three very significant firearms designations:

- NRA Certified Firearms Instructor – One of the toughest certifications to attain, requiring skills with the weapons as well as teaching. - NRA Certified Range Safety Instructor - NJ State Certified Firearms Hunting Instructor

Shawn’s son is also someone who has been certified by the state of New Jersey. In order for a person under the age of 18 to go hunting in New Jersey, they must be accompanied by a parent or adult supervisor, and they must also pass a state firearms hunter safety test. The young Mr. Moore passed the test and his father was NOT his instructor.

(cont'd)

T

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
User Details are only visible to members.
This is for Robert: I bet the SS agent is still on the job and still has his gun rights.

How the Secret Service Almost Shot Mahmoud Ahmadinejad MARC AMBINDER AND D.B. GRADY MAR 20 2013, 9:50 PM ET Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad laughs as U.S. President George W. Bush addresses the U.N. General Assembly on September 25, 2007. (Reuters) One morning in September 2006, during the United Nations General Assembly, President George W. Bush’s daily intelligence brief contained a particularly chilling item. It was three sentences long, and it scared the hell out of the dozen or so White House officials cleared to read it. According to one official, it began, “A U.S. Secret Service agent, in an apparent accident, discharged his shotgun as Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was loading his motorcade at the InterContinental Hotel yesterday.”

At the time, the Bush administration was weighing how to deal with the Iranian nuclear-weapons program. And here a Secret Service agent had just given Iran a potentially devastating public-relations coup. Ahmadinejad was certain to reveal the accident in some grand form before the whole of the United Nations. He might allege that the United States had tried to assassinate him, and thus upend the entire conference. “When I read that, I remember closing my eyes,” recalls the official.

The agent was adjusting the side-mounted shotgun on one of the motorcade’s armored follow-up Suburbans when it discharged. “Everyone just stopped. The Iranians looked at us and we looked at the Iranians. The agent began to apologize. Ahmadinejad just turned his head and got into his car.” And that was it.

The Iranians told no one. Their silence led several White House aides to begin to see Ahmadinejad in a new light. Here was evidence that maybe Iran was acting strategically, and therefore cautiously.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Oh NO!... was NK just neutered?

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
"Somebody will always start new ones, one will continue to start new ones for each single event, he is a troll. "

A troll calling someone else a troll. What a dick...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2663 posts)
Hey Fjep, how old are you ? what's with the no age thing ? Afraid people are gonna call you senile ?

Dyer IN
Username hidden
(450 posts)
There are several threads that fit, and even this one will eventually fall to the back. We had a guns, guns, guns thread that ran for literally years, and even it fell to the back. Somebody will always start new ones, one will continue to start new ones for each single event, he is a troll.

If I can find it, I will bump it. You should be able to read for literally days it is so long.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
If there is a "catch all" thread, it's further than 2 pages back. Or maybe I just missed it?

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
No offense but there are already threads to cover any new gun topics. The person or persons who initiates most gun threads for each single event, and to troll for flaming will still start a thread for each event.

Good luck though...

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
Newbies are always gonna be newbies and will never take the time to see if a thread has already been started on a particular topic. I'm hoping that the regulars who post here will at least try to keep most of the gun related stories confined to this thread. I like having everything in 1 place.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
"Maybe this will help prevent 500 new threads on gun-related topics from popping up all the time."

Good luck with that. I think we can also begin a "Single Males complain here for feeling like lepers in the lifestyle" thread to prevent thousands of those.

Raleigh NC
Username hidden
(19100 posts)
My thoughts on the story below:

1. Who is the uptight bitch who saw the picture and made the phone call to child services in the 1st place? How does anyone (even the most anti-gun person out there) come to the conclusion that this is child abuse or neglect? Does the picture depict the kid being irresponsible or unsafe with the weapon? No. In fact, it shows the exact opposite.

2. The 1st thing I noticed when I looked at the picture is that the boy had his finger straight and off the trigger. I immediately presumed that his dad either taught him proper safety or put him through a legit weapons safety class. Turns out, it was both.

3. Smart man getting his lawyer on the phone to listen to the conversation. And props for not giving in to this overzealous hag demanding to inspect his gun safe.

4. I really hope that Child Services takes action against the agent. She easily attempted to violate the 4th amendment and probably a few local laws as well. And that's probably the scariest/most aggravating part of this whole thing. Whether you're pro or anti-gun, everyone should be appalled by this blatant disregard for the law.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
TOPIC: The 'Random Gun Stories Not Worthy Of A New Thread' Thread