Texas cop fired for shooting 41 times at suspect killing him : Swingers Discussion 2179061011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsTexas cop fired for shooting 41 times at suspect killing him
TOPIC: Texas cop fired for shooting 41 times at suspect killing him
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 23   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Not every American cop wants to be a living legend like Bruce Willis or Sly Stallone. Some cops grew into their roles watching fantasies.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6805 posts)
Fj I have been out west to one of the largest training sites in the US. I think you will know which one I am talking about. I have taken all of their combat - self defense classes. They teach center mass shooting due to the stress the body is under. You are right the body can function for a little bit after being shot twice. The point of what they teach is it is better to have two rounds in that area than a possible miss to the head. That question has come up in almost every training class I have taken.And yes they also train you in reaction shooting.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
VAC it is what is taught in most classes. Advance classes should teach pin point shooting as well as point shooting. Some people will not go down center mass, even when 357 is used. It happened to CHP decades ago, I happened to ISP also. CHP was using the S&W Highway patrolman 357, ISP was using S&W M39 9mm.

A doctor told me that a person can continue to fight for 10 seconds after the heart has stopped pumping. 10 seconds is a very long time. Breaking the spine will put a person down immediately, but the head is actually easier to hit than the spine.

Old timers used to talk about "capping" it was different than the meaning today. It meant shooting a knee of a attacker to stop them, these guys were some very good shots. They also used groin shots as the victims bleed quickly out. There are a lot of techniques using cover that LAC should learn that they don't usually teach. Such as ankle shooting from under a vehicle to bring a shooter down while not leaving cover. IMO teaching cover technique is just as important as shooting skills.

Look sometime at the shooting in NYC where the officers encounter a armed man and shoot 9 bystanders. There are several large pots where they make excellent cover. Yet neither officers use them, and one officer shoots while running away not even focusing on his target. I suspect he shot most if not all of the bystanders.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
If you take training classes from one of the big training sites you will be trained in shooting a double tap to center mass.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
I'll have to look in the text book for NC CC. I am not sure that it is part of the course or they are winging it. This is what students relate to me, and I saw it personally in a video.

I agree shoot until the threat stops, but that in itself is hazardous to the person being assaulted. Shoot, access, then shoot again if necessary. I don't recommend head shots to most people. I can do it because I have been doing since I was a teenager. I hunted rabbits with 1849 Colt pocket pistol when I was younger. I have a gun that is capable of one hole three round groups at 25 yards, and the ability. Most people cannot hit a small game size target under stress. I learned a long time ago with a revolver every shot has to count, especially a SA revolver.

We shot last Saturday at a local range with a group of people. 25 yards, 50 rounds 158 GR LRNFP, FBI silhouette target, two hand hold standing, all 50 rounds, all head shots. 1851 Colt, 5.5 inch barrel, 38 special.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
CC instructors I've had always said shoot until they stop. NEVER take a head shot or a shot to the back.

A head shot "proves" intent to kill, not merely self defense. Also, it's pretty hard to convince a jury that a shot to someone's back was because they were backing up to you when they were attacking you.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Good they teach two shots in CC classes, and discourage head shots. I OTH shoot primarily for the head with one shot. But then I never subscribed to the "pray and spray" school of self defense training that seems to be the norm these days.

Yes though back in the days of the pyramids we trained to tap twice and go for the head if they did not stop. NYC trains to shoot until the gun is empty and shoot as many innocent bystanders as possible.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
I was thinking about starting one to debate the pros and cons regarding the use of laser sights. Geez, a laser beam in the eye could blind you/put someone's eye out.

But, I'll just say that there is a police department where the police used to be trained/instructed to fire 3 shots if they need to shoot. The first two shots are aimed at center mass (torso), the 3rd is aimed at the head.

Not sure if that's still the protocol.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
How awesome! another gun thread to add to the 3 trillion other gun threads in the political forums...is anyone else as excited about this as I am?!? :)

I don't know about you, but I personally cannot wait for NK to start 10,000 more gun threads here!

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16378 posts)
Well I think his ass should be charges with murder. Plain and simple.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 23   End
TOPIC: Texas cop fired for shooting 41 times at suspect killing him