Texas advances bill to require drug screening for welfare : Swingers Discussion 2194571021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsTexas advances bill to require drug screening for welfare
TOPIC: Texas advances bill to require drug screening for welfare
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   21 to 28 of 28 
User Details are only visible to members.
Yes I gave a very simple answer. As far as the testing goes it is $35.00 per test. After they are clean you do random test. As far as the start up cost that would have to be worked out. But I would rather use tax money to help get some people of of drugs and then maybe they could go out and find a job. That would be better than than keeping them sucking on the government tit for their whole life. Which in the long run would save money and increase the tax base.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
And how much do the tax payers save with all this mandatory drug testing. Can the taxpayers afford to do all this testing evey month? Who pays for the mandatory counseling for all those people?

Your answer is too simplistic. If it were that easy don't you think it would have been done already?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2640 posts)
NK, Most of the ones that are on aide do not get enough money to pay for their habit anyway and are involved in crime already. By putting them in a program it will stop the need to steal. By the way I guess I should have stated an in house program would be used.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
" Once they are clean for lets say 6 months they would be able to get aide. Then do random drug test while they are getting state aide.Problem solved."

So what are they supposed to do for money for six months?

Yeah, yeah I know get a job. They still have to survive until they get one. Which brings us back to crime...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2640 posts)
Like I said. If people have to take drug test to work and pay taxes then they can take a drug test to get paid by the government. As far as getting their "fix" and causing more crime. If they fail the drug test put them in a mandatory program for addicts. They can use the money that they were going to get for their handout to pay for the program. Once they are clean for lets say 6 months they would be able to get aide. Then do random drug test while they are getting state aide.Problem solved.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Vacp:

I can understand where you are coming from... and in all honesty I can agree with your feelings to a point. That said, you must ask yourself some important questions.

If these junkies can't get their fix, what do they historically do? Answer: They turn to greater degrees of crime to obtain their fixes. This means robbed robbery.

While this may not affect you, it does those in the city and will increase the likelihood of more bans on weapons. Why? Because that is what people do, they blame the weapon that caused the death and not the mentally damaged individual as that person is seen as weak and most people (given that we are a social animal) instinctively protect their weak.

Why do people turn to drugs in the first place? There are a number of reasons for this, chief amongst them is to find an escape from the pain of life. You cannot make law to stop this, and this kind of law will only hurt more people which will result in the demand for more laws which won't help anyone.

Fix society so to not be as harsh or hard to begin with. Sadly this is something your mentality won't accept because you like the fact that life is harder than it ought have to be... You became trapped by this mentality, a mentality which you aren't able to escape... But thankfully there are less of you each year.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7259 posts)
About time. All 50 states need to pass this into law. People have to take drug test to get a job. So if you are going to get money from the state you should have to do the same.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Texas lawmakers moved forward with a bill Tuesday that would require welfare applicants to be screened for drug use.

The bill authored by State Senator Jane Nelson, the Republican chairwoman of the committee, was approved by the state senate’s Health and Human Services Committee.

It would require applicants to the Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) program to undergo screening by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.

Under Nelson’s bill, applicants who appear to use drug or have been convicted for drug use will be subjected to testing. Applicants who test positive for drugs would be barred from receiving TANF funds for 12 months.

“Drug abuse destroys families, harms children and prevents individuals from living healthy, independent lives,” Nelson said in a press release on Tuesday. “Because TANF is a direct cash assistance program, we have a responsibility to ensure that these funds are not being used to support a person’s drug habit.”

Texas Governor Rick Perry and Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst have thrown their support behind the bill.

“Texas taxpayers will not subsidize or tolerate illegal drug abuse,” Perry said in a statement in November. “Every dollar that goes to someone who uses it inappropriately is a dollar that can’t go to a Texan who needs it for housing, child care or medicine.”

One hundred thousand Texans a year are enrolled in TANF, according to Nelson’s office.

The bill will go to the Texas House of Representatives if it passes a vote in the full Senate.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2640 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   21 to 28 of 28 
TOPIC: Texas advances bill to require drug screening for welfare