Texas advances bill to require drug screening for welfare : Swingers Discussion 2194571011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsTexas advances bill to require drug screening for welfare
TOPIC: Texas advances bill to require drug screening for welfare
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 28   End
User Details are only visible to members.

:-)

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16846 posts)
"If you lower the bar for when you can take someones children from them.... You open the door for society to take your own because society says that the moral or personal beliefs you subscribe to are wrong and that society must protect those children from you."

If you "don't lower the bar" you are raising a generation of children who grow up surrounded by drugs and the crimes it causes to pay for them. I stand behind my statement, drug addicts should not be allowed to raise children and most especially not on my tax dollar. Get a job and fund your own addictions, feed your own children. I'd rather take my state dollar and provide for the child than to provide for a child who may or may not benefit from the states help and who has a parent/parents so strung out on drugs they have no ability to parent. Giving an addict money of food stamps does not mean the child is fed or cared for.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5387 posts)
Mrs. Sav, run away. It's too late for most of us, but you can still save yourself from being sucked into Politics and the resident TMI participant.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Sav:

"The fact that those criminals would go to jail is not my concern at all but the "massive need for child care " I don't see as a problem. Children should not be raised by drug addicts . PERIOD !!!! "

This is something that can be argued and generally I would like to agree with you, but remember this... If you lower the bar for when you can take someones children from them.... You open the door for society to take your own because society says that the moral or personal beliefs you subscribe to are wrong and that society must protect those children from you.

"Your rational that crimes would increase and therefore we should provide state assistance to druggies to prevent that is also tweeked. "

It is called cost management. The goal isn't to punish or to change someone, as the cost to change them is greater than feeding the leak. Further any program or rehab requires that the attendee change their lifestyle, reduce the stress that caused them to seek out the escape in the first place.

As such, under your ideal world, these people would be unable to escape the harshness of life and thus will always return to drug use.

"My generation might have bought into the work harder plan and I am proud of it. Your plan of getting paid to do nothing or the bare minimum of work because you falsely believe you have more value is pathetic . "

No, your generation chose to work harder than you ought had to, because you chose to be independently greedy. You chose to put yourself over the group and thus made everyone work harder to beat each other.

This chain reaction has resulted in a society which is more and more resembling the Soviet union in working men too hard, too fast and for too long.

It is why the Soviets moved away from 12 hour work days in the 80s, yet kept up their production level and saw a rise in moral, drop in medical cost and generally were improving...

their problem was that it was too little, too late.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7366 posts)
""All states should follow we would see a big drop in wellfare. "

True, and a massive rise in the need for child services as the welfare recipients go to prison for committing crimes.

Now you are spending more on prison and child services than you would on welfare. Congratulations, you are now spending more than you would otherwise have done. "

I don't usually venture into the politics forums(to post) but the idiocy of the above post I felt should be addressed.

The fact that those criminals would go to jail is not my concern at all but the "massive need for child care " I don't see as a problem. Children should not be raised by drug addicts . PERIOD !!!!

Your rational that crimes would increase and therefore we should provide state assistance to druggies to prevent that is also tweeked.

My generation might have bought into the work harder plan and I am proud of it. Your plan of getting paid to do nothing or the bare minimum of work because you falsely believe you have more value is pathetic .

Back to civilized society , Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5387 posts)
I believe eating your meals from the laundromat's vending machines is referred to as the Downy Diet because you get all soft and cuddly eating Cheezy Poofs and Grahaminal Crackers.

Hot meal? Just toss one of those fruit pies in the dryer for a few minutes.

Yep sounds like a plan to me.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Just:

"All states should follow we would see a big drop in wellfare. "

True, and a massive rise in the need for child services as the welfare recipients go to prison for committing crimes.

Now you are spending more on prison and child services than you would on welfare. Congratulations, you are now spending more than you would otherwise have done.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7366 posts)
Vacp:

People use drugs to escape from the hardships of life. No drug program works so long as they must be placed right back into that lifestyle, as such any program you would mandate would have to come with education on a scale that will get said persons out of the lifestyle that they live.

This means young people would do drugs, get caught knowing that they will be receiving free education.

There is no amount of pain you can bring onto drug users to make them stop, it is why China executes drug dealers and manufacturers upon capture.

Simply banning drug users from the welfare system won't solve your crime problems, it will make it worst as those (who are the majority of drug users) will quit working and simply turn to crime to pay for their needs.

When they are caught, you will get to pay for their kids as they are placed into child services while the parent is in prison.

Think of drug use as the war on terror. These terrorist have nothing to lose and everything to gain from this war... We can't take their standards of living from them as they have next to nothing to take, but they can take everything from us.

How do you win the war on terror? Give the people something to lose, ease their burdens to the point that they have become motivated to live and not exist.

Again, these are concepts that a mind forged as your's has been and forged out of pain cannot advance beyond simply beating someone into submission.

Your parents raised you on pain, you continued this with your ideals of working harder than you ought have to as you chose to gain what you have by stepping upon everyone else.

While you might have been stronger willed than others, those others are still the bed rock which hold you up and if you dismiss them... The bed rock will subside and your castle will collapse.... As it is collapsing.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7366 posts)
I knew a woman who was on disability for her drug addictions. For food, she would go to the laundromat and get snacks from the vending machines.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
All states should follow we would see a big drop in wellfare.

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4882 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 28   End
TOPIC: Texas advances bill to require drug screening for welfare