Texas advances bill to require drug screening for welfare : Swingers Discussion 219457
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsTexas advances bill to require drug screening for welfare
TOPIC: Texas advances bill to require drug screening for welfare
Created by: Nkenswing
Original Starting post for this thread:
Texas lawmakers moved forward with a bill Tuesday that would require welfare applicants to be screened for drug use.

The bill authored by State Senator Jane Nelson, the Republican chairwoman of the committee, was approved by the state senate’s Health and Human Services Committee.

It would require applicants to the Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) program to undergo screening by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.

Under Nelson’s bill, applicants who appear to use drug or have been convicted for drug use will be subjected to testing. Applicants who test positive for drugs would be barred from receiving TANF funds for 12 months.

“Drug abuse destroys families, harms children and prevents individuals from living healthy, independent lives,” Nelson said in a press release on Tuesday. “Because TANF is a direct cash assistance program, we have a responsibility to ensure that these funds are not being used to support a person’s drug habit.”

Texas Governor Rick Perry and Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst have thrown their support behind the bill.

“Texas taxpayers will not subsidize or tolerate illegal drug abuse,” Perry said in a statement in November. “Every dollar that goes to someone who uses it inappropriately is a dollar that can’t go to a Texan who needs it for housing, child care or medicine.”

One hundred thousand Texans a year are enrolled in TANF, according to Nelson’s office.

The bill will go to the Texas House of Representatives if it passes a vote in the full Senate.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 28   End
User Details are only visible to members.
So say those who keep losing national elections and marginalizing the masses and thus reducing their own voting block.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7587 posts)
What a fucking Idiot!!! Robert you are just a lazy POS Who wants everything givin to you,,,Keep drinking their koolaid,,,Their time is very limited!!!!

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(5003 posts)
Just:

I blame everyone, because rut is the fault of everyone from the employer to the voter not holding the employers accountable for demanding unreasonable work loads.

You chose to work harder than you had to, that was your choice. But you have no right to command others to work harder, you chose that life, you chose to go it alone, break from the pack. You chose the path of spikes a razors over the path of river rocks and brush.

Drug use is a natual result of a weak individual seeking escape from the hardships of reality and it is the minority like you who try and force the majority to walk your path of suffering. We say no, I choose the smoother path of river rocks over your path of self punishment and or the asphalt road.

My generation increasingly are aware that people have a breaking point and that point is different for each person. Some can survive the loss of blood to walk the path of razors, most cannot. It is you who holds no right to drag the whole through your path and your failing to study history which will make you angerier and alone.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7587 posts)
Big:

What you fail to understand is that like every group of people on earth, when the disparity between rich and poor hits the tipping point as you would make it, violent revolution erupts and those with wealth die, typically horribly.

You fail to see how the wealthy aren't providing a living wage, fail to see that a nations econy needs the common man to possess wealth enough to create demand for product or the entire economy collapse.

You are the typical roman who outsourced the work from Rome and put Romans out of work and this they couldn't be taxed to pay for Romes upkeep and Rome died.

If the wealthy fail to pay a living wage, the worker can't pay for the upkeep. Social welfare is to keep demand up so that people work and the wealthy can pay the upkeep. As more wealthy fail to pay a wage which is taxable, the burden of upkeep increasingly becomes the sole responsibility of the wealthy.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7587 posts)
Sedu:

I am not the one who clutters these forums with complaints about the government taking from GE wealthy what they should have paid to their workers so that the workers woukdnt be on welfare.

I stand by my countrymen that you ignore, that you and others demean and kick aside because you think the unworthy of care.

We have social welfare only because the wealthy fail in their social oblugations to provide for their people. The wealthy make themselves into a virus and force the body (the masses) to turn to the government to kill the virus... Or at the least hold it back so that the body can survive.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7587 posts)
Robert Ill say again drug test them and we will have millions less on wellfare,, Please do not blame anyone for drug use other than them,, Thats whats so fucked up with todays youth,,People like you giving excuses for all the wrongs they do because its the working people who have shit they worked and paid for's fault!!! I am so tired of hearing your flat out bullshit and Im sure most in here are also,,Your not even close to old enough to come in here and act like you know all when you actually do not know a fucking thing!!!! Enough said.

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(5003 posts)
you want to smoke ciggs,pay for them.you want to drink,pay for it ,you want to do drugs,you pay for it.if you can not afford to buy food then you can not afford to do anything else.you take state money and buy drugs then eat shit and die.I don't have any feeling for you.if you don't know how to take care of your self and what it takes to surive.if you don't know what your pirorty are then die.I don't mind taking care of people who can't take care of themselves.but I refuse to take care of those that can..........BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
There he goes with the greed shit... please please please, ignore him. This is outrageous. He just clutters every thread, every topic with the same shit. Please don't let him.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16824 posts)
Sav:

"If you "don't lower the bar" you are raising a generation of children who grow up surrounded by drugs and the crimes it causes to pay for them. I stand behind my statement, drug addicts should not be allowed to raise children and most especially not on my tax dollar. Get a job and fund your own addictions, feed your own children. I'd rather take my state dollar and provide for the child than to provide for a child who may or may not benefit from the states help and who has a parent/parents so strung out on drugs they have no ability to parent. Giving an addict money of food stamps does not mean the child is fed or cared for."

Again, all the research shows is that these addicts will produce more children, because they won't spend money on condoms or other protection so to spend it on drugs.

I share your general desire to protect kids, but until we start accepting that what we do, our levels of greed and the way we form our society around greed creates the drug problems which plague our society... We will have a growing number of drug addicts and a deminishing number of productive citizens.

You won't be able to afford the cost of the orphanages to take care of the kids, as you create a society which eats it's own tail.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7587 posts)
Vacp: Mandatory drug programs do not work. All drug addicts want to do is get high. They do not want to be rehabilitated. All you do when you bring a bunch of addicts together is offer a net working and training site for expanding distribution networks. Yes they all get caught again but they get brought back together to try and figure out how to do it better and find more contacts. In the mean time they get healthy again by feeding them and taking care of all their medical and dental needs. Which costs us up wards of $250.000.00 per addict per stay. Which I think is a complete waist of money. My solution is to put them in drug asylums. Give them a choice. A) You get a 3000 calorie well balanced diet per day. You are offered NA classes. B) You are offered all the drugs you want. You are offered NA classes. One or the other. Drugs or food.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 28   End
TOPIC: Texas advances bill to require drug screening for welfare