Tax the shit out of : Swingers Discussion 2189821022
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsTax the shit out of
TOPIC: Tax the shit out of
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   22 to 31 of 208   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"We're all for this in airline tickets.

It costs $x in fuel based on the weight it has to lift/carry. So it makes perfect sense for airlines to sell tickets by the pound of the person buying the ticket.

You walk up to the counter, step on a scale and Ticket = price/lb * your weight. That having been said, we aren't flying to Cancun anytime soon :)"

Here's an FYI for everyone since I spent the last 12 years doing load plans for military aircraft:

Passenger weight on commercial airliners is practically irrelevant. The latest and greatest 747 for example, has an allowable cabin load (ACL) of approx 169,000 lbs with a seating capacity of about 500. Even if all 500 pax weigh 200lbs each, that's 100,000 lbs in passengers. 2 bags per person @ 50lbs each would be another 50,000 lbs in luggage. Crew would be 2 pilots and then maybe 10 attendants. 12 crew @ 200 lbs each is 2400 lbs.

So now we've got:

Pax = 100,000 Bags = 50,000 Crew = 2400 Total = 152,000 lbs.

Add in, say another 5000 lbs (and I'm probably way over estimating here) for food, drinks, blankets, pillows, etc and that brings you up to 157,000 lbs. That leaves 12,000 lbs of available weight that could be loaded onto the aircraft.....or a couple of SUVs to put it in perspective.

So in reality, overweight/obese people don't cause a plane to burn more fuel or make it harder to take off or land. It's a commercial airliner, not a Cessna. Now if you want to say that obese people should have to buy 2 tickets because they take up too much room, then that's fine. But charging a person by the pound to fly is pretty silly.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3203 posts)
A dysfunctional family is a family in which conflict, misbehavior, and often child neglect or abuse on the part of individual parents occur continually and regularly, leading other members to accommodate such actions.

Humm sound like anypne in here??????

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Lucky:

Actually her daddy who is wealthy did that. She (my aunt) lost any chance at the inhiratence and was removed from the wills because she married my uncle. (She my aunt isn't blood relation, my uncle is) she married my uncle so to spit her father.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7576 posts)
For an abusive Mom she managed to support her child through college. To insure he got off on the right foot. Poor kid.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Lucky:

"The children and youth services did nothing and she still holds parental rights over two of these children. (Her son moved out after college)

Does anyone else see the irony of this post?"

Irony? What Irony? That you are all afraid that the government will take your kids if they are too fat? Or that her son moved out because he wasn't going to fear for his life? That after being assaulted by his mother, he wasn't going to stay in the house?

Oh he knocked up some girl and now works outside of his career field... While he chose a better field than I, he made the mistake of having kids local to Hazelton.

He had a promising future, he even holds a few copy written designs for equipment which he made some money off of, but for the most part, he is living in a trailer working junk jobs out of his career, because he can't be mobile enough for his design job.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7576 posts)
There are people who post with logic and what is in society's best interest irrespective of whether or not it's in our own best interest.

Two of us just did.

Bensalem PA
Username hidden
(1187 posts)
"The American Medical Association is not the government. "

AMA guidelines drive CMS, HHS, and FDA guidelines. You know that.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19802 posts)
The children and youth services did nothing and she still holds parental rights over two of these children. (Her son moved out after college)

Does anyone else see the irony of this post?

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
GF:

The flying issue I can agree with... Mostly because of what you said and the fact that flight isn't a need that the poor need fulfilled by anyone but themselves. (exception being to receive medical treatment.)

In general, the tax the fat man doesn't work out as intended due to the fact that most fat people are poor and receive government aid already. So the government is taxing someone who it is already giving money to.

This brings up a slightly related issue about poverty. Taxation of the poor doesn't actually work and waste more money as they are being given more from the government to pay for the taxation anyway.

Maybe instead of welfare and food stamps... The first line of aid to the poor ought be no more taxation? If you aren't paid a wage which would keep you off the government dime... (Say zero is where you are at the line between qualifying for aid and not and if you fall to -1, you receive some aid...)

Should that aid come in the form of not being taxed? Wouldn't this save money on IRS paper work with sending you checks for refunds and or save the government money on welfare programs which send you more money and thus you the poor cost the government even more to provide for?

To me, this sounds like a cost cutting measure that the government could think about employing?

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7576 posts)
Lets just be completely clear...

The American Medical Association is not the government.

So all the weeping and gnashing of teeth can be put off, at least for a little while...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   22 to 31 of 208   End
TOPIC: Tax the shit out of