Tax the shit out of : Swingers Discussion 21898210151
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsTax the shit out of
TOPIC: Tax the shit out of
GoTo Page: Less ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Start   151 to 160 of 208   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I don't see how this is news. Every job I've had since 2002 had required annual physicals and this data is collected and kept in my medical file.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19407 posts)
How bout'em beanz! Check this out.

" March 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- The CVS Drug Store chain is fueling an explosive debate over a health insurance policy which has employers checking employees' weight and body fat percentage.

The corporation said the information will remain private and that the policy is meant as an incentive so that their employees will be as healthy as they can be, but many are concerned that the company will have access to the information and could use it against their employees.

Submit to weight, BMI and glucose testing by May 1 or pay more in out of pocket health insurance costs. That's the policy CVS Pharmacy's nearly 200,000 employees now face.

"It's too much to get into your privacy, that's how I feel about it," said Steve Suhs. "I'm a big guy, so I don't like to hear about that either."

According to an internal CVS document provided to ABC7 anonymously by an employee, "Colleagues who take action to stay healthy or improve their health, and get results, will be rewarded. Those who don't take accountability will have to pay more in the future."

But CVS is not alone. A lot of private companies now do that. And starting last year city of Chicago employees were given the same requirement in an attempt to control spiraling health care costs.

"Our company does that now," said Thomas Gjondla. "I don't have a problem with it, helps keep people know they're not unhealthy."

CVS says the information will remain private, but this type of policy raises legal implications.

"It really is a balancing act though because you want to make sure you're protecting patients, employees, privacy rights and that they're not being discriminated against," said Sarah Blenner, Chicago Kent College of Law.

Some call it a bully tactic. Speaking on condition of anonymity, a Chicago area CVS employee told ABC7, "I have nothing to hide, but I feel they're invading my privacy. This is something between me and my physician. I believe they're doing this as a way to eventually raise our premiums so much that will make it impossible to pay our insurance. We can do better."

A spokesperson for Mayor Rahm Emanuel said that the policy has worked for the city, and that in the last year they saved over $20 million in health care costs as a result." ======================

I fully support this!

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16434 posts)
what you ate or drink was nobodys buiness until obichtcare.now its everybody buniess,cause now everbody has to pay for your health.since you pay you can tell other people what to eat and drink.ok,now all you fat libbers get healthly or go to the salt mines(pun intended) or be put on the grist mill like COAN was...........BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
just pass a snotlocker tax.if you have one you can be tax at a greater rate then people who don.t have one.and if is full more then 10 days a year,charge double.if it is full more then 30 days a year charge 4 times as much.that way we can aford to give everybody flu shots.which well give more people the flu.which will bring more dollars for more shots,which will give more people the flu.this would be a progresse tax.also the longer you live the more you pay.this would help people who would cut off the nose to spite the tax.we know WHO they are.how bout a bullshit tax?.this could get pertty expenise for some people.........BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
As nice as it'd be to charge people for living unhealthy lifestyles and consuming extraordinary amounts of fast food, soda, pizza and cupcakes, it completely goes against the "land of the free" to tax people excessively for choosing to live their lives the way they want. It's totally possible to enjoy some sweets or a soda or disgustingly delicious Monster burger from Hardee's as long as you're willing to do so in moderation and knock out a few sit ups to burn the extra fat and calories you take in.

What's next? A swinger tax?

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
Tax the shit out of all those who are registered democrats!

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16434 posts)
Cant drink soda but alcohol is no problem ? WTF ?

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(1241 posts)
OK here the open minded liberials go again. Banning or are going to tax the shit out of something, just because. In a study that's sure to shake up the soda ban debate, Harvard researchers have linked the sugary drinks to 180,000 deaths a year worldwide, 25,000 in the United States alone. "We know that sugar-sweetened beverages are linked to obesity, and that a large number of deaths are caused by obesity-related diseases. But until now, nobody had really put these pieces together," said Gitanjali Singh, a postdoctoral research fellow at the Harvard School of Public Health in Boston and lead author of the study presented today at the American Heart Association's annual meeting in New Orleans. Singh and colleagues spent five years putting the pieces together. Using data from national health surveys around the world, the team tied sugar-sweetened beverages to 133,000 deaths from diabetes, 44,000 deaths from cardiovascular diseases and 6,000 deaths from cancer in 2010. The study adds to mounting evidence that sugar-sweetened beverages, loaded with calories that carry little nutritional value, are a public health hazard. "I think our findings should really impel policymakers to make effective policies to reduce sugary beverage consumption since it causes a significant number of deaths," said Singh, adding that she thinks "cause" is an appropriate word despite the limitations of the association study. The American Beverage Association criticized the study, which has yet to be published in a peer-reviewed journal, calling it "more about sensationalism than science." "It does not show that consuming sugar-sweetened beverages causes chronic diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease or cancer - the real causes of death among the studied subjects," the industry group said in a statement. "The researchers make a huge leap when they take beverage intake calculations from around the globe and allege that those beverages are the cause of deaths which the authors themselves acknowledge are due to chronic disease." The study comes one week after a judge blocked New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg's proposed ban on supersized sodas, and one day after Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant signed a bill preventing municipalities from setting limits on soda and salt content. But some experts say evidence-based policies could curb soda consumption and save lives. Dr. Dariush Mozaffarian, senior author of the new study, said he now plans to study the effects of sugary drink regulation and taxation on health and health care costs. "I think that's the kind of information that policymakers need," said Mozaffarian, who is an epidemiologist at the Harvard School of Public Health. In the meantime, Americans can take steps on their own to cut sugary drinks and shed pounds. "It may not be easy at first, but your body will thank you," said ABC News' chief health and medical editor Dr. Richard Besser. "Study after study links intake of sugary drinks to poor health effects." "It is quite frightening to see the rise in chronic diseases as people around the world consume more and more sugary drinks," Besser added. "It reminds me of the way lung cancer is on the rise around the world as more and more people smoke cigarettes."

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
How bout a tax on people that live a promiscuous lifestyle ? Why should others be forced to pay for a swingers risky behavior? Swinging is definitly considered risky behavior.

Dyer IN
Username hidden
(450 posts)
obamacare is like ss.they tell you all the things it is,but don't tell you the thing it isn't.it just a way to get your money so they can spend it on something that don't help nobody.it goes in to elected officels pocket.congress steals it to buy more votes.what is done with all the tax dollars all ready.it goes for people to dance on buses,how maney times a cow farts in a days time,to pay artsist to paint a picture that nobody wants,how many times a bird shit on your car.we don't need new taxes.we need to cut out wasted tax dollars.obama is a tax dollar waste law.the only people it will help are lazy people

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Start   151 to 160 of 208   End
TOPIC: Tax the shit out of