Tax the shit out of : Swingers Discussion 2189821012
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsTax the shit out of
TOPIC: Tax the shit out of
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   12 to 21 of 208   End
User Details are only visible to members.
There's like a dozen major airlines in the US alone and I don't even know how many world-wide, so I still don't see a monopoly taking place by charging based on passenger weight. But like I said, airlines could never come up with a valid reason to actually charge by the pound in the first place for passengers. Even with a fully loaded plane, there's still going to be thousands of pounds below their maximum allowable payload. And for every 300lb passenger on the plane, there's some 50lb kid or underweight adult that "balances" everything out.

Hell, it's already a crime that they charge for excess weight on baggage, but people have a lot more control over how much they pack vs how much they weigh. I can shed 5lbs out of a suitcase a lot quicker than I can from my waist. I get why they have weight limits on baggage in the first place, but commercial airliners don't ever come close to maxing out their weight limit that they could easily allow for 75lbs per bag and still not be anywhere near their allowable cabin load.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
""We are tired of fat-assed people who sweat onto us, stink, and ooze into our seats. ""

I am really tired of annoying kids, they smell, make way too much noise and dont stop talking. get rid of them on flights and ill stop oozing :()

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(1246 posts)
Airlines are not a monopoly though barriers to entry in the industry are so high that they often appear to be.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2368 posts)
Airlines are a monopoly to begin with.

If they implement the weight standards, one airline company follows the other, claiming that they're doing so to offset the extra fuel charges. For them to implement this policy, they're logic will be that those who are overweight force the airline spend more money on fueling the plane, hence pass the charges to all those who fly, including those who aren't overweight. Their stance will be such, that this policy will allow them to charge less those that fall into their criteria of "accepted standard."

The problem is that once they implement the higher fees for the overweight, they will never provide lower fees for the general population. It's the concept of putting a toll on the bridge to pay for the bridge construction. As you and I know, once you start charging, stopping never happens.

So in essence, implementing the fare based on weight policy, is not creating a monopoly since it exists already. It just kind of makes it stronger.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16444 posts)
Just curious.....how would that create a monopoly?

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
The problem with basing fare on the weight of the passenger is that you're allowing the airline companies to create a monopoly, which based on my understanding is illegal in the US.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16444 posts)
Wish they would do that on tour busses too. We were on one in Mexico where I had to get off after buying a ticket. The bus was at near capacity but there was a couple where each weighed 400+ lbs and both the wife and the husband occupied two seats. Grrrrrr- fucking up my vacation. They only offered the trip that one day each week.

The rest of my family went, I stayed at the hotel. I wasn't going to stand in the aisle for 2 hours each way.

Bensalem PA
Username hidden
(1171 posts)
That's why they purchase 2 tix instead of 1....and that is a thing these days. When people have to pay 2x as much to fly, they either drop the weight, or stop flying, or buy the extra ticket so you aren't sharing a set with them. Either way, it's a win.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
Okay, to fix the equation exclude fuel and the crew because generally those can be considered constants just like the weight of the aircraft itself. Now get on the scale WITH your bags and the sodas and crap you might eat. So the price of the ticket is only $50 different? Good. We're making a point here.

We are tired of fat-assed people who sweat onto us, stink, and ooze into our seats.

Bensalem PA
Username hidden
(1171 posts)
This 'PippyGrl Longstalking' topic is another chapter in the "Crayola Diaries" of someone out playing around in Central Park, thinking she is an Israeli spy who knows American citizenship better any intelligent adult.

Tax the shit out of those who profited from the 'Billionaire Bailout Society' of thieves who accepted easy money from the Bush/Cheney Crime Cabinet administration and the Republic-con controlled House of Representatives.

Next, tax the shit out of Crayola users.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6978 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   12 to 21 of 208   End
TOPIC: Tax the shit out of