Tax the shit out of : Swingers Discussion 21898210101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsTax the shit out of
TOPIC: Tax the shit out of
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... More 
Start   101 to 110 of 208   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Vacp:

1) A child (under 18) doesn't need a car to make a living. I did it until I was deployed and had enough money saved up to buy the car ought right.

2) No single plan fits everything, and if a person is using junker cars so that one will be down for maintenance while the other is used... Well I am sure reasonable minds can negotiate a exception for old or junker cars.

Remember that the goal was a tax on people of wealth, so cars beyond (insert age) or of low quality such as flood cars, cars which have been in accidents, generally junk, could receive exceptions.

3) No man working full time ought to be so poor that they cannot buy a used car. If a man is paid such a low wage (such as minimum) Then I blame the employer for the employer doesn't pay a wage which grows the economy.

My father and I both own 97 Camrys and they both drive almost like new. Only once has my car failed me... And that was due to the brake line being old, rusted and leaking... The line waited until I drove it into the lot for repairs before bursting. (irony and why I call it my loyal samurai.)

"I would not say they had any wealth just trying to make a living at a low paying job. Just like y 3rd car it is worth about 500.00. It cost me about 700.00 a year to keep it tagged insured and the personal property tax on it. But it is worth that much to me to have a back up for us so we don't miss work"

Great... That is why your wife and son have a car. You work out how to transport each other to work, school and home. If all three of you work at the same or near same time, which one passes the other's place of work or comes near to it?

If absolutly needed, one of you wake's up and drives the other to work earlier than they have to be at work.

Example:

Your kid must be at work for 8AM, you for 7AM. Your car is down, your kid wakes up earlier so to prepare for work and drive you to your job site and then finds something to do until he must be at his place of employment.

In my case, I would pull out my laptop or if need be pen and paper and draw, write, or otherwise occupy my time constructively or simi constructively. (reading a book is a good choice)

This is how my family helps each other and it works well for us.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7253 posts)
But I thought you were against holding back a child from trying to better themselves. I bought my own truck paid my own insurance when I was 16. But the truck had to be in an adults name. Have you seen some of the cars people own. Some people have 2 or 3 cars that are junkers. I would not say they had any wealth just trying to make a living at a low paying job. Just like y 3rd car it is worth about 500.00. It cost me about 700.00 a year to keep it tagged insured and the personal property tax on it. But it is worth that much to me to have a back up for us so we don't miss work

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Vacp:

Easy out. Your wife owns one car, you own one car and your kid owns one car.

I bought my car, not my parents. You drive safer with cara you buy. I also worked when I was younger than 18. Further we were required to pay for our insurance, full coverage, full tort.

If you cannot do this, then your younger than 18 year old child ought to pay the tax.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7253 posts)
Dang, I can't believe I wrote "marshal law". It didn't look right, but putting a double L on the end wasn't right either. Marshall Law is about as bad as Cardinal Sin.

It's *martial* law.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
VB, I actually thought you were asking if there were a more democratic way for Cyprus to get out of their predicament, or if we could find ourselves in a similar situation. And if so, how might it be resolved.

If you're on a ship that's hit a reef and is listing and taking water, you might find that normal courtesies are bypassed for survival's sake. Anticipating this remote possibility, you might grill the crew about the possibilities, and have introspection about how you'll deal with any inconsistency with normal protocol.

If anyone should stand to address your concerns, you might express your displeasure that you won't be fully satisfied in advance. If it's a very long cruise, you might find that people are avoiding you.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
So Robert.Lets say you are married. You,your wife and child has a car. You would be ok with taxing the car even though the child was using the car to go back and forth to work to help save money for school to better themselves.I own a 3 cars .One is just an old beater to have as a spare in case one of our cars needs repairs so we can go to work and keep being productive.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
VA:

"Why not impose a $100 annual tax on people who have 2 cars? More than 1 child? Or no children? Or a cat? Or men who don't grow a beard? Or people in their 50s from Flat Rock NC who name social network profiles containing the word "Outdoor"? "

Actually not all of that is ridiculous. If you (individual) own more than 2 cars, you have the wealth to pay the tax and given that the wealthy have grown the divide between the wealthy and poor so greatly, I would be in support of this and similar tax until that divide is closed by a lot.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7253 posts)
So if the government is unlimited, the answer to "can the government tax.." is always going to be yes. I'll even go out of my way to avoid ascribed statuses.

Why not impose a $100 annual tax on people who have 2 cars? More than 1 child? Or no children? Or a cat? Or men who don't grow a beard? Or people in their 50s from Flat Rock NC who name social network profiles containing the word "Outdoor"?

Of course those are all ridiculous. But you're the one who's green lighting them to do it if it's important enough ("important" to be defined by someone other than you).

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18806 posts)
Va:

"If the government really has the authority to pull that rabbit out of a hat, then the government is virtually unlimited in its power to seize anything it wants by simply calling it a tax."

That is why we call it a government. It is also why businessmen ought to be more concerned with building the wealth of the smallest man, building him up and not beating him down with producing more wealth for the businessman and investors and only growing the disparity between the rich and poor.

If you think that the government is creating this disparity... Then learn why the public turn to the government so often and choose to stop the government by providing a lot more to the people to buy their loyalty back.

As with any bad business decision, you pay more to rebuild confidence of your costumer base. You failed to maintain confidence and now must pay more to get ahead of the government.

Crying because the government has more power than you is like a child crying that their grounding is unfair. The parent (which is the government over us all) grounds the child longer for not seeing that the child failed to obey the parents rules.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7253 posts)
"Copyrights eventually expire, and thus intellectual property is "seized" by the public. "

Not comparable in the slightest. That's a contract one enters into with the government when they file the copyright, that it's only for a limited time.

Now, if the government released it into the public domain prior to the expiry, it would be violating the contract terms it had with the holder of said copyright, and that would amount to seizure.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18806 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... More 
Start   101 to 110 of 208   End
TOPIC: Tax the shit out of