Tax the shit out of : Swingers Discussion 2189821091
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsTax the shit out of
TOPIC: Tax the shit out of
GoTo Page: Less ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... More 
Start   91 to 100 of 208   End
User Details are only visible to members.
when the goverment spends so much that they bankrupt the country and then turn around and tax you more to cover thier spending.THEY ARE STEALING FORM YOU.they are to provide services that you need.not to pay for thier lavish life style,or use your money to buy votes,or give your money to other people to live on for free,or over size contracts to builb projects that we don't need just to pay off kickbacks.aka congress spending budget.....BS

Kingston TN

Username hidden
(1991 posts)
" They could literally pry the silver fillings out of your skull and there is nothing you can do if it's important enough. "

In a national or world emergency, if a small lump of metal means the difference between success and calamity, I will gladly give my fillings.

If you can imagine extreme government intervention, is it impossible to imagine extreme need for it?

Or is it just fun to feel persecuted, even if it's in some unimaginable future?

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Well Robert it is more than the crime in the city. I grew up in the country I enjoy my privacy. I am also an animal lover and have several animals I could not have living in the city.I am an avid hunter and wildlife type of person. I enjoy being able to shoot when I want with out driving an hour or so. I can even take a leak in my back yard if I want to. But to get back on the crime part. It is a lot safer here than in a city. No matter what you say it is not fear it is protecting my family from something that is more likely to happen in the city than a small town. You yourself would have to agree with that.And if you think about it. People who live in a small town away from the city are still paying taxes. Some of what I pay here in Virginia is used to support public transportation which we don't use. So we are paying our fair share to help the people in the cities.

Berryville VA

Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Vacp:

"Robert why do I want to put my family in a city. We are safe here and we have no violent crime. As far as working in town. Most places close around 6. A couple places stay open but not many.So I guess we should pay an extra tax because we choose to live in a small town."

No, you are choosing to live in a small town due to the unfounded fear of attack by others.

As I said, reason dictates that you would be except under the fact that you are holding the car in your son's name until he is of legal age. The car you hold for him is likely not a new car, but a older model if not a junker.

As for your desire not to live in the city... At times I can understand this, but your reasons for not wanting to live in the city are unfounded.

I could explain how we live in a bad community with gangs, drugs and dead beats, how we are never robbed. (car windows being smashed don't count... and has only happened twice due to theft and they only stole the gps and spar change... so we don't leave these things in the car anymore and insurance covered the damage.)

Get dogs and most bad guys leave you alone.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6873 posts)
VA:

"That’s because, according to the county auditor’s office, Muranishi’s annual pension will be equal to the dollar total of her entire yearly package — $413,000. She also has a separate executive private pension plan, for which the county chips in $46,500 a year."

No one has ever said that CA wasn't screwed up... Even from a liberal stand point. And no one ever has said that you don't have corruption.

If these figures are right, her retirement is still too high.

"The median income for a household in the county was $55,946, and the median income for a family was $65,857 (these figures had risen to $66,430 and $81,341 respectively as of a 2007 estimate"

ht tp://en.wikipedia.or g/wiki/Alameda_County

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6873 posts)
Robert why do I want to put my family in a city. We are safe here and we have no violent crime. As far as working in town. Most places close around 6. A couple places stay open but not many.So I guess we should pay an extra tax because we choose to live in a small town.

Berryville VA

Username hidden
(1750 posts)
I wonder how much the citizens of Almeda County, CA feel about this. From the San Francisco Chronicle:

Alameda County supervisors are rewarding County Administrator Susan Muranishi with the wage of $423,664 a year. ***For the rest of her life.***

According to county pay records, in addition to her $301,000 base salary, Muranishi receives:

– $24,000, plus change, in “equity pay’’ to guarantee that she makes at least 10 percent more than anyone else in the county.

– About $54,000 a year in “longevity” pay for having stayed with the county for more than 30 years.

– An annual performance bonus of $24,000.

– And another $9,000 a year for serving on the county’s three-member Surplus Property Authority, an ad hoc committee of the Board of Supervisors that oversees the sale of excess land.

Like other county executives, Muranishi also gets an $8,292-a-year car allowance.

Muranishi has been with the county for 38 years, and she’s 63. When retirement day comes, she’ll be getting a lot more than a gold watch.

That’s because, according to the county auditor’s office, Muranishi’s annual pension will be equal to the dollar total of her entire yearly package — $413,000. She also has a separate executive private pension plan, for which the county chips in $46,500 a year.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17582 posts)
Vacp:

As stated before, the point of the tax was against the wealthy, there for junker cars would (under reasonable or sound minded people) receive exceptions.

Further given the case where by your son is primary driver of the car. Reason dictates that this could fall under a reasonable exception to the tax, even if it was a brand new 2013 car. (because technically you are holding the car until he can legally own the car, and you aren't the primary driver.)

Other points of interest to this issue are as follows.

"We all work in different directions and different hours. No one is home when school gets out and he goes to work."

Has your son no co-workers living near by to car pool with?

If not, then the reply my parents would have given me is find a job closer to home and pay your taxes for the second car in one of our names.

Being that my parents out right refused to sign for our licences, thus we had to wait until we were 18 and could afford our own insurance policies, this was a problem we never encountered.

"He works 12 miles from home. Kinda hard for him to walk to work after school."

This is why one ought to live in the cities or work closer to home, so that they may walk to work. Don't have any other answers other than if we lived in the environment you chose to raise your kid in, charge him for the tax that you must pay.

I am sure that Mark could turn to you and tell you that it would or should qualify for a tax deduction given that it is a work related expense. (need for the vehicle to get to work.)

Personally I say that it is part of the cost of living in a rural area and that the workers who live out there ought to demand that their employers pay better wages so that they may either own reliable cars, pay taxes for public transport or be able to pay the tax on the second car in your name.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6873 posts)
While I don't care about the spelling of "martial", I do care that you condone thievery on the part of the government, as long as it's for a really, really good reason. Thievery of assets which were already taxed when they were earned as income. They could literally pry the silver fillings out of your skull and there is nothing you can do if it's important enough.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17582 posts)
We all work in different directions and different hours. No one is home when school gets out and he goes to work. He works 12 miles from home. Kinda hard for him to walk to work after school.

Berryville VA

Username hidden
(1750 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... More 
Start   91 to 100 of 208   End
TOPIC: Tax the shit out of