Tales of self defense : Swingers Discussion 2155261092
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsTales of self defense
TOPIC: Tales of self defense
GoTo Page: Less ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... More 
Start   92 to 101 of 187   End
User Details are only visible to members.
This is one guard or a school with too few guards... Pilot programs suffer from failures to test the expense and long term effects of having multiple guards.

The more guards you have, the more likely one will crack under the pressure of dealing with the snot nose kids in that school, the more likely a studen will be to attack the guard and take the weapon.

One case doesn't make your case... More so when said teacher isn't part of any actual school sanctioned program for bein armed.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7275 posts)
Robert: You were wrong.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Robert No circular arguments allowed. No changing the subject allowed. No BS endless meaningless self-gandizing crap allowed either. YOU WERE WRONG you argued many times against armed guards in schools I'll pull them out cut and paste them one by one if you want me to..... I argued for armed guards in schools and an armed guard stopped this incident. You kept trying to tell us that they were going to be under trained and under paid YOU WERE WRONG this guard was not undertrained YOU WERE WRONG This armed guard disarmed the shooter before he could shoot or injure anyone else. GIVE IT UP YOU WERE JUST WRONG ON MANY DIFFERENT LEVELS IN THIS.

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
outdoors I wasn't aware there was only a single argument here. It seems to me that there have been many arguments in here, but I guess you had to find some way to respond. There have been endless argument about armed guards in schools. This armed guard stopped the shootings in that school at "ONE" The armed guard prevented more deaths and shootings!!!!] It worked!!!!!!!! It worked!!!!!!!! It worked!!!!!!!!

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
Mark, he gets his training from "Call of Duty". The same game that Adam Lanza played.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
Mark:

I have training in the M-16 and M4. Further many who I speak with on a regular bases have training in far more weapons than I... They agree with many of my points of view to one extent or another.

What they do not agree with are your (and others on this sites) views that a militia force is able to over throw the US.

That armed guards are really going to work to protect our people, so long as people who are mentally ill and or live with mentally ill people have easy access to weapons that due to their mental illness or living with mentally ill ought not have in the home with said mentally ill people. (Note I am not saying that those mentally competent ought not own them... when living with mentally ill person... Just ought not be allowed to store them in a home with the mentally ill.)

Then we enter the expense of things. Anyone willing to take onto themselves the additional burdens of being armed and (Not doing something or doing something) Ought to be paid for that burden. (Hay, this is capitalism, isn't it?)

You would be foolish to take on any such burden without having first the means of protecting yourself from economic harm should the courts deem you had made an error with or without action.

Then there is the cost of training and sanctioned of supplies such as a school sanctioned fire arm, ammunition, holsters, other.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7275 posts)
Robert: You have no training at all in fireams. Your argument is moot.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
norc:

"What I have said many times is that well trained armed Guards will in most cases stop a mass shooter in our schools. A mass shooting is when a shooter kills more than four. "

1) The more people you allow to be armed increases the likelihood of people who don't like each other or are already stressed snapping and having easy access to gun.

2) Well trained? Well trained means monthly training, not yearly. A sniper is well trained, but they practice nearly every day for hours a day.... You will not find armed guards in enough numbers to protect every school for cheap.

3) This doesn't address the larger problem with mass shootings.... and that is to fix the social reasons that these people strike out against society. Only through study with the aid of a national mental health program will we become so armed.

If we elevate the pressure for such a study... for such an undertaking with patch jobs... All we do is become more accepting of mass shootings in other areas not protected. All we do is throw the dirt under the rug.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7275 posts)
norcal, the argument has been made many times here, that shooters are drawn to "gun-free zones", and that the mere presence of an armed guard will dissuade or prevent school shootings.

The school actually had metal detectors which for some reason did not detect the gun coming in.

This incident obviously could have been a lot more tragic, and a single non-fatal wound is pretty good for the circumstances.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
No one has said the system of having well trained armed guards in our schools would totally stop school shootings. They will not. What I have said many times is that well trained armed Guards will in most cases stop a mass shooter in our schools. A mass shooting is when a shooter kills more than four. He did in fact disarm this kid before he killed anyone and before he had time to up his tally to the point of being a mass killer. That was my point in another thread in here and I was and am completely, totally, exactly,and precisely, right. The writing is on the wall, it takes a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun.

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... More 
Start   92 to 101 of 187   End
TOPIC: Tales of self defense