Tales of self defense : Swingers Discussion 21552610157
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsTales of self defense
TOPIC: Tales of self defense
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Start   157 to 166 of 187   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Robert you are sooo full of shit and have no idea what you are talking about. I suggest for just once you actually research the law before yet again sticking your foot in your mouth.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
Chasing a criminal is not against the law, but if he had shot him while he was chasing then that might be a different story. I probably would not have chased him, my days of that are over.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
Good:

Agreed,

This costermer also exceeded his powers as a citizen. Had he detained the suspect on the bank property, he could likely have made a lawful citizens arrest. However what he did do was assault and battery with a deadly weapon. (unless the suspect still had the citizens property.)

This actually makes the procecutions job more difficult and gives the defense more legal room for dismissal of the charges.

Citizens have very few powers of arrest and they do varry state to state... But generally speaking when you aren't in danger... You can't go chasing the robbers.

In fact even if the robber had your property, you can be charged with assault. Might not sound fair, but that is the way the law can be applied. There is a reason the cops have a shield and John Dow citizens do not.

It separates and grants greater powers to the police, so that we maintain a civilized and orderly society. Some might see it as denying one their freedom, however for any civilization to exist, freedoms always must be restricted or we will have nothing more than anarchy and vigilantism.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7252 posts)
"Titusville - A 37-year-old man armed with a handgun chased and detained a robbery suspect Friday, becoming the second bank customer in as many days to make a citizens arrest in Brevard County."

I'll look at the link when I get some more time. Unless the customer was a police officer, or the suspect ran with a hostage, what the customer did goes against everything I was ever taught about carrying a firearm.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
kiven dorsey said he don't belive in guns.but it ok for him to ask somebody else with a gun to help him.why, is he to much of a coward to protect him self.what if the other guy was really the good guy,and dorsey was the pert.be fore I start shooting at somebody I will know who is who.glad it turn out ok................BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
gunssavelives.n et/self-defense/chilling-911-call-from-home-invasion-in-which-mother-shot-home-invader-5-times/

Listen to this audio and take note of how long it took police to get to the scene.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
Bobby where are all the reports of Legally Armed Citizens being killed?

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
Meat market robbery ends in gun battle

cantonrep.c om/news/crime/x1896978485/Meat-market-robbery-ends-in-gun-battle

CANTON — When one of two armed men robbing a local butcher shop opened fire inside the store just after noon Wednesday, an employee shot back, striking them multiple times.

After the gun battle that followed, the robbers fled the store, heading to separate hospitals, said Capt. Dave Davis, who heads the Canton police department’s Detective Bureau.

Isaiah Bush, 17, of 610 Market Ave. N, and Digarrio McLendon, 19, of 2313 Third St. NE, remained under arrest and guarded by police Thursday at area hospitals, he said. Their conditions were unknown.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
Armed citizen stops bank robbery suspect

wtsp.c om/news/local/crime/story.aspx?storyid=131084&catid=82

Titusville - A 37-year-old man armed with a handgun chased and detained a robbery suspect Friday, becoming the second bank customer in as many days to make a citizens arrest in Brevard County.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
California permit holder thwarts armed robbery, The Vallejo Times-Herald, Vallejo, Calif. 06/25/12

nraila.o rg/gun-laws/armed-citizen/2012/california-permit-holder-thwarts-armed-robbery,-the-vallejo-times-herald,-vallejo,-calif-062512.aspx

A man entered a Subway restaurant in Vallejo, Calif., ordered a sandwich and then pointed a gun at the clerk and demanded money. A 25-year-old concealed carry permit holder witnessed the robbery and confronted the criminal with his gun drawn. Not prepared for armed resistance, the robber fled the scene. (The Vallejo Times-Herald, Vallejo, Calif. 06/25/12)

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Start   157 to 166 of 187   End
TOPIC: Tales of self defense