Tales of self defense : Swingers Discussion 21552610146
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsTales of self defense
TOPIC: Tales of self defense
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Start   146 to 155 of 187   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I would not have chased him either, but he was within the law to chase him. And he was within the law to hit him, and have his gun drawn. As long as he did not shoot him to affect the arrest. Now he could have shot him in self defense though.

I carry a gun to protect myself and my family, that is it. The bank should have had a armed guard, or armed employee. I commend the man, but it is not my duty to apprehend criminals as a LAC.

But the fact remains that LACs do catch criminals, they do prevent crime, they save lives. Far above the lives taken by firearms, so banning guns will increase not only crimes but homicides. Just take a look at Chicago.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19412 posts)
I believe the article stated he hit the suspect with the gun, which implieds he had his firearm drawn while chasing a suspect armed with a knife.

Don't get me wrong, I'm OK that he caught the suspect, BUT had it been me with a firearm, I would have never chased him. Goes against everything I was ever taught about the matter.

You never know, he turns a corner and as you follow, there's one of his buddies around the corner with a gun, or he pulls a gun you didn't see before- and someone gets hurt/killed.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Good the article does not say he used his firearm. But in common law any force less then deadly force can be used to affect a arrest for a felony. That includes civilians. Deadly force can be used to stop a forcible felony, and may be used in some cases against a fleeing forcible felon.

He would not have been justified in using deadly force, because one he did not witness the felony. But he could use physical force within reason including assault, drawing on the suspect. This is pretty much common in most states, unless they have specific statutes forbidding it.

A misdemeanor citizens arrest in most states can only be done if the citizen actually witnesses the crime. That is not necessary for felonies, but if the citizen is wrong he does not have the immunity from prosecution that police do.

Him being armed makes no difference in chasing a felon.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19412 posts)
I'm unsure if it's legal in FL to pursue someone while you have a loaded firearm, but that goes against everything I was ever taught about a civilian carrying a firearm.

Using a firearm according to the law here, and the states I carry in, is limited to being used to prevent death or serious bodily injury from an assailant. In other words, as a means of defense.

Chasing someone who is not presenting an immediate danger to another does not seem to me to be a defensive act. Leave the police work to the police.

Just my opinion, based on my training.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
"Summery execution! "

Is that where you save all the executions for warm weather, so it's a more festive atmosphere?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Robert: I do have to say: "You are one stupid individual." Where does your ideas about law come from? What you have seen in Hollywood movies! Your posts about what should be done with gang bangers for example. Summery execution! Now go back and read your posts about Trevon. He "looked like a gang banger".

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
The dude is so full of shit man!!!

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4994 posts)
BTW Bobby still waiting on all those incidents of Lawfully Armed Citizens being killed.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19412 posts)
From what he has posted, it is a degree in how to become the class target. Can't imagine why? LOL

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19412 posts)
Robert with all this knowledge you have,,You must have every degree a person can get in colledge huh?

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4994 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Start   146 to 155 of 187   End
TOPIC: Tales of self defense