Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Tales of self defense
TOPIC: Tales of self defense
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Start   121 to 130 of 187   End
User Details are only visible to members.
A man used his gun to protect himself and his two-month old son from a robber in Columbus, Ohio. Kelby Smith was in the driveway of his brother’s house when a man approached him, put a pistol to his head, and demanded money. While Mr. Smith handed him money he also drew his own weapon. The robber grabbed the money and ran. But he turned around and pointed the gun at Mr. Smith and his baby. Mr. Smith quickly shot the robber while shielding his baby from the robber.

The robber continued to run, but was found at a nearby hospital. He is now under police guard while he recovers. Mr. Smith does have a concealed carry permit. Authorities on the scene said they believe he was acting out of self-defense. The police are still investigating and will arrest the man if he is the robber.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Don't call a cop for legal advice, that is outright dumb. Many cops do not know laws, or gun laws. Some of them are as stupid as CCW instructors.

I expect anybody who gives advice on laws to actually be able to cite the laws.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
so maney laws have been past over the years.I don't think even lawyers,judges or DAs know the law any more.so maney laws contdic each so much its hard to tell what is right and whats not.we have a legal syetem that so fuck up its a wonder there are even free people any more and it getting wose.thanks to biden and his boss and there kind.we have 50 states with their own laws then the US goverment.there must be at least 50,000 laws just for guns.the insane of it all................BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
We seem to have a factual disagreement. For those who are in doubt of what I say please contact and ask an attorney or LEO for advice in this matter. Do not take bad advice and end up in prison.

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
Shawnee Woman Thwarts Home Invasion

news9.c om/story/20568878/shawnee-woman-thwarts-home-invasion

SHAWNEE, Oklahoma - Armed with a gun and ready to shoot, a Shawnee woman defended her home as man broke down her door. It happened in broad daylight and she didn't back down. Pam Loman and her husband, James, say they've lived on Homer Lane in Shawnee for over 10 years and have never had any problems. But early Friday afternoon, while Pam was home alone, she quickly figured out, three men outside her home were up to no good.

"I still feel queasy sick at my stomach, a little shaky, a little nervous," Pam said.

Pam was cleaning her home Friday afternoon when she heard someone knocking at her front door.

"One was knocking on the door, but there was two in the car. So I thought that was kind of strange, and they looked a little scary," she said.

Pam says the knocking got harder, to just outright banging.

"So my instinct was to go get a gun. I don't know why, I never in my life felt like I needed to go get a gun," Pam said.

She stood near her kitchen, just steps away from the front door, with both hands on her .32-caliber pistol.

And just all of a sudden, with one kick, he knock the door completely in. The frame came flying down. Things came flying everywhere," Pam recalled. "And he saw that I had the gun, and he grabbed the door handle and pulled the door shut."

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
OK I am not reading your shit until you post some statutes. I don't care how many classes you have given, or taken. You had to take some to give them. There are a lot of idiots teaching classes who give false information. We try to root them out. Again I don't care.

PLEASE cite the statutes that back up your claim?

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
FJ I'm not talking about classes I have taken. I'm talking about classes I give and have been certified by this state to give. No I'm not going to give you the statutes. I'm not going to make believe I'm an attorney or a judge. That kind of advice is up to them to give. I know what I teach and the validity of that information. You are pretending to know everything about this issue and you are wrong to represent yourself as knowing all of this. All of this varies some from state to state but those who take your advice are almost making it certain that they will be convicted and go to prison. I carry legally in 40 states and have enough information about all of them to know that you can't go our there and initiate a situation where someone is killed by you and then just walk away. Reality does not work that way.

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
I don't care how many fucking classes you have had, I had my classes for years at the University of Illinois, doesn't mean jack shit. The law is what means jack.

NOW please provide the statutes to back up your claim?

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Reasonable Force Despite the fact that citizens arrests do not carry the same constitutional requirements as a typical arrest, individuals must only use the amount of force that is reasonable and necessary to make the arrest. Just what exactly constitutes the reasonable and necessary amount of force depends on the facts surrounding each arrest. Juries will usually examine the facts surrounding a citizens arrest and make the determination of whether it involved excessive force.

The use of excessive force can open up the arresting individual to civil and criminal liability, and this is especially true when individuals use deadly force to apprehend criminals. States have different rules about the use of deadly force during a citizens arrest, and failure to comply with the law in this area can result in serious consequences.

Some states prohibit the use of deadly force except in circumstances where the person making the arrest or someone else is faced with the threat of serious bodily injury or immediate use of deadly physical force. In these situations, the person making the arrest may use deadly force in order to prevent harm to themselves or others.

Other states allow people making a citizens arrest to use deadly force to stop a fleeing arrestee as long as the person making the arrest used reasonable methods in order to make the arrest. Some states go further and require that the person using deadly force first attempt to restrain the subject of the arrest, and other states require pursuit and an explicitly stated intent to arrest before using deadly force.

Any use of deadly force during a citizens arrest that does not comply with the applicable state law could result in manslaughter or murder charges against the arresting individual, as well as a wrongful death lawsuit from the family of the suspected criminal.

From criminal.findlaw.co m/criminal-procedure/citizen-s-arrest.html

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
FJ The classes are full weeks out..... All of cali is not a big city it all depends on where you live and why you have a need for a CCW. It is far from a shall issue state but if you live in one of the northern counties, can demonstrated a need, and pass the background checks you will usually get one. I caught all this kind of ignorance when I was in the military. Cali has a huge mountain range much higher than anything east of the rockies that get a lot more snow than most of the eastern US. It has almost as many cattle as Texas and has more land growing fruit and produce than any other state but those who are not familiar with this state tend to believe it is one big beach.....

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Start   121 to 130 of 187   End
TOPIC: Tales of self defense