Tales of self defense : Swingers Discussion 21552610102
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsTales of self defense
TOPIC: Tales of self defense
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Start   102 to 111 of 187   End
User Details are only visible to members.
No one is looking forward to any tragedy at a school which is the result of an armed guard being there. But where there are guns, there will be tragedies.

In this case, one kid was shot. We don't know that the shooter would have used his gun on anyone else, but apparently he didn't. Or he wasn't a very good shot.

In any case, the presence of an armed guard didn't stop the kid from bringing the gun to school, nor prevent him from shooting someone.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
School resource officer immediately disarmed student in shooting at Atlanta school, police say.........atlanta

You can post what you think might or might not happen. This is what really happened in Atlanta. So we know it works at least part of the time. If you post what you think, then prove it with facts......... Show us where a gun in the hands of a good guy at school did not help or caused things to get worse.

Red Bluff CA

Username hidden
(438 posts)
voxvocispublicus homestead com/Battle-of-Athens html

Tulare CA

Username hidden
(1880 posts)
A shotgun is a better choice inside of a smaller building. From that point on you use a hand gun to defend yourself while you are getting to your semiautomatic rifle.

Just because you always eat spaghetti with a fork you don't outlaw spoons. If you had to pick one utensil to eat everything with a smart person would pick the spoon because you can't eat soup with a fork. A firearm is a tool and you use different tools for different jobs.

If I were limited to just two firearms for personal defense it would be a semiautomatic pistol and an AR-15. If I were limited to only one for inside and outside defense it would be an AR-15. An AR-15 is a very useful tool and at times the very best tool for the job at hand.

We are back to the point of what you think I need makes some difference, it doesn't. What you think is not provided for in the establishment of my constitutional rights.

What you think I need and what my constitutional rights are is apples and elephants. They are not the same argument and what I can have is based on my rights and never on what someone else thinks I need.

The anti gun crowd keep trying to make this the same confused argument because then can not challenge me with pertinent facts. The facts are in my favor.

Red Bluff CA

Username hidden
(438 posts)
Party: Ok here is another one: A burglar was breaking into a house in Texas. The home owner confronted the thief with his AR15. The thief ran for his car and attempted to flee. The home owner positioned himself in front of the car and pointed down. Yelled at the thief, if you start the car your dead. Two calls came into the 911 call center at about the same time. One from the home owners wife. My husband is about to shoot someone who just tried to break into our house. Please hurry. The other call. I am sitting in my car. A guy has a gun pointed at my head. Please hurry.

Tulare CA

Username hidden
(1880 posts)
The message to Republicans is clear: “We will help you get elected and protect your seat from Democrats. We will spend millions on ads that make your opponent look worse than the average holdup man robbing a liquor store. In return, we expect you to oppose any laws that regulate guns. These include laws requiring handgun registration, meaningful background checks on purchasers, limiting the right to carry concealed weapons, limiting access to semiautomatic weapons or anything else that would diminish the firepower available to anybody who wants it. And if you don’t comply, we will load our weapons and direct everything in our arsenal at you in the next Republican primary.”

For decades, Republican politicians have gone along with this racket, some willingly and others because they know that resisting would be pointless. According to the Center for Responsive Politics, the N.R.A. spent almost $19 million in the last federal election cycle. This money is not just spent to beat Democrats but also to beat Republicans who don’t toe the line.

But the last election showed the costs to Republicans of succumbing to the N.R.A. and to other groups with extremist views on issues like homosexuality and stem cell research. The fringe groups, drenched with money and the “free speech” that comes with it, have stood firm, and become even more radical, as the population as a whole — including many traditional Republican voters — has moved in the opposite direction.

Gun violence in particular frightens voters in middle- and upper-income suburbs across the country, places like my hometown, Edina, Minn. These areas, once Republican strongholds, still have many voters who are sympathetic to the economic platform of the Republican Party but are increasingly worried about their own safety in a country with millions of unregistered and unregulated guns. Some suburban voters may keep a hunting rifle locked away in a safe place, but few want people bringing semiautomatic weapons into their neighborhoods. They also believe that insane people should not have access to guns.

A few clicks on the N.R.A. Web site lead you to the type of weapons the group wants to protect from regulation. Many are not needed for hunting pheasants or deer. They are used for hunting people. They have firepower unimaginable to the founding fathers who drafted the Second Amendment, firepower that could wipe out an entire kindergarten classroom in a few minutes, as we saw so tragically last week.

This is not the vision of sportsmanship that soccer moms and dads want or will vote for, and they will turn against Republicans because of it. Who worries about the inheritance tax when gun violence may kill off one’s heirs in the second grade?

Republican politicians must free themselves from the N.R.A. protection racket and others like it. For starters, the party establishment should refuse to endorse anyone who runs in a primary with N.R.A. money against a sitting Republican. If the establishment refuses to support Republicans using other Republicans for target practice, the N.R.A. will take its shooting game somewhere else.

Reasonable gun control legislation will then be able to pass Congress and the state legislatures. Next, Republicans should embrace legislation like the proposed American Anti-Corruption Act, which would rid both parties of their dependence on big money from groups like the N.R.A. The Republican Party will once again be proud to be part of the solution rather than part of the problem. And voters will go back to feeling that their children are safe, their democracy works, and they will once again consider voting Republican.

The Washington Post Richard W. Painter, a professor of law at the University of Minnesota, was the chief White House ethics lawyer for President George W. Bush from 2005 to 2007.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
FOR years, protection rackets dominated dangerous urban neighborhoods. Shop owners and residents lived in relative security only by paying off or paying homage to organized criminals or corrupt cops. Anyone who dared to stand up to these “protectors” would not be around for long.

The Republican Party — once a proud bastion of civic and business leaders who battled Southern racism, Northern corruption and the evils of big government — has for the past several decades been itself the victim of political protection rackets. These rackets are orchestrated by fringe groups with extremist views on social issues, which Republican politicians are forced to support even if they are unpopular with intelligent, economically successful and especially female voters. Their influence was already clear by the time I joined the Bush White House staff in 2005, and it has only increased in the years since.

The most blatant protection racket is orchestrated by the National Rifle Association, which is ruthless against candidates who are tempted to stray from its view that all gun regulations are pure evil. Debra Maggart, a Republican leader in the Tennessee House of Representatives, was one of its most recent victims. The N.R.A. spent around $100,000 to defeat her in the primary, because she would not support a bill that would have allowed people to keep guns locked in their cars on private property without the property owner’s consent.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"I have an assault rifle in my house and no one has ever tried to break in, and since there were 1100 robberies in my town last year, my assault rifle prevented 1100 crimes" Sound Ridiculous? You're right,It is It is also the way the NRA complies stats for it's it's "more guns=Less crime" nonsense...except they use area codes instead of towns

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3772 posts)
Mark...WOW...one huh? Let me guess, no one ever found out who the "intruder" was. Any more?

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3772 posts)
Party: Please see seven posts down. (Rochester, N.Y. — Early Tuesday) In the news clip the owner explains the whole situation. He is a law abiding citizen and he had his AR15 in one locked container and his ammo in another, just as NY laws state you must do. He had just retrieved his rifle and was going for his ammo when one of the intruders opened his bedroom door. All he could do was point down. Lucky for him he was not challenged as all he had at that time was a club. On seeing the business end of his rifle pointed at him, the intruder backed out and both intruders left the house.

Tulare CA

Username hidden
(1880 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Start   102 to 111 of 187   End
TOPIC: Tales of self defense