Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Syrians Hail Pelosi Visit as Diplomatic Triumph
TOPIC: Syrians Hail Pelosi Visit as Diplomatic Triumph
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 26   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Ok Lucky

Be Fair. The wearing of the head scarf is to show respect for their customs. For example, all female reporters wear head scarfs in those countries. When in Rome......

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Even wore the scarf to cover her hair, Appeasement? I think so. The road to peace goes through Damascus? WTF is that? Now I know Repubs went to syria but now she is trying to set foreign policy. Treason with out a doubt. Literally lying to Assads face Israel wants to talk about peace with a state that wants them destroyed? LOL What a Bitch, Israel should put a warrants out for her arrest for treason of an Ally. Can you imagine Pelousy and Hitlery? OMG we are truely fucked.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
lol

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Debjack,

Our local morning news showed a clip of the Israel Ambassador reading a statement where the Israel government was tactfully saying Pelosi was incorrect (did she lie? - lol).

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
To be fair one thing should also be pointed out is that the members of Congress are traveling to Syria, based on the recommendations of the Iraq Study Group.

Personally, I think the recommendation was flawed, but none of the members of Congress, republican or democrat, did this out of the blue.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
wnt2eatennow,

Glen Beck has two websites, one through CNN and his own personal website covering his views and his radio show. His web page on CNN has partial transcripts. I am still looking over them but have not found that segment yet. I thought it was on his show last Thursday or Friday, just before the weekend 29 or 30 March. However, if you go to the CNN News Video archives (main CNN page, not Glenn Beck's page) you will find the Dec 2006 video where Bush addressed and was disappointed with Spector's announcement that he planned on going to Syria.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
I found it in the CNN footage archives. Glen Beck (also a CNN show) did a show last week where one of the topics he talked about was this same thing. He played the clip on his show as well. Beck wondered why the press was not reporting Bush's criticism of his own party members, yet focused on criticism of Democrats. Co to CNN dot com. I am not sure if Glen Beck has his shows archived on his website (does he even have one?), as I did not look. I was surprised that I could not find video of Bush's press release on any other networks website, including FOX (which is supposed to be Bush's positive mouth piece). The only thing FOX had was the same AP article that ABC and others retransmitted.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"quite hypocritical of pres bush and his *spin team* to denounce and criticize pelosi/democrats, but fail to mention or discuss the PREVIOUS visits and discussions held by REPUBLICANS, *as well as* an official within his OWN administration." -------------------------------------------------------- I posted the article and my comments concerning Specter because wnt2eatennow brought up concerns and the perception that President Bush was not critical of visits by Republican Members of Congress. He has been, yet many in the media (yes, I am being critical of the media again) play it up when he criticizes a Democrat, but down play it with little coverage when he equally criticizes members of his own party.

We end up arguing and dividing ourselves in these forums, as well as across America, not because of our different ideologies as Liberals, Conservatives, Democrats, Republicans or other positions, but because we are misled by a media that provides a slanted, incomplete representation of the truth. What they say or print may be in most parts true, but many times it is incomplete, which impacts on people's perceptions.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
When are elected officials going to understand that we elect only one leader and a whole lot of representatives. The President, who is Commander in Chief of our Armed Forces, is an elected leader. The members of Congress are NOT our elected leaders, but our elected representatives. Pelosi and other members of Congress need a refresher course in government.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
President Bush was against the trip by Spector. CNN actually covered a small press release the President did outside his office concerning this trip. Other networks give it little coverage. This is a State Department function and I concur to many fingers in the bowl, Democrat or Republican, muddy the waters.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 26   End
TOPIC: Syrians Hail Pelosi Visit as Diplomatic Triumph