Syrians Hail Pelosi Visit as Diplomatic Triumph : Swingers Discussion 76553
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsSyrians Hail Pelosi Visit as Diplomatic Triumph
TOPIC: Syrians Hail Pelosi Visit as Diplomatic Triumph
Created by: CPL4PARTY
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 26   End
User Details are only visible to members.
wnt2eatennow,

I also think you are correct in Pelosi's wearing on the head scarf. It seems the only place she wore it was during her visit to their places of worship. Having lived their for over 4 years, you are correct that it would be a proper show of respect.

I am no fan of Pelosi's policies and beliefs, but concur, let's try to get the entire picture and make opinions based on the complete facts. Unfortunately, the media's reporting does not always allow us to do that.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
wnt2eatennow,

Sorry for the confusion. The video statement I was referring to was the one Bush made in Dec 2006 about Specter's visit. Glen Beck used the footage on his show and it is from Dec 2006. It is in the CNN archives from Dec. It is not an official press conference but Bush is walking from his office across the yard (Isn't it referred to as the Rose Garden?) and with the press following him, asking him multiple questions. He mostly smiles, waves and keeps walking, but does make a comment about Specter’s visit. I believe Bush was walking towards his Helicopter.

As far as the Republican's and Pelosi I am not aware of any press conference or even a quick sound bite from President Bush which the American Public can view. I am only aware of what different talk shows such as Glen Beck, Lou Dobbs, Chris Matthews, Chris Wallace, Anderson Cooper and the bi-partisan panels or individual one on one interviews have stated. They all reflect that Bush was concerned about both the Republican’s and Pelosi’s visits.

It is my understanding that President Bush does not believe it is in the best interest of the country for anyone, Republican or Democrat, to be conducting State Department diplomatic missions.

I agree with you that the web makes it appear he only criticizes Pelosi. However, I don't think you can blame that on President Bush. That is bloggers demonizing one party vs. another, obviously taking a partisan position. As far as the media, look at the ABC release of the AP story concerning this past December with Bush and Specter. Hardly anyone did any INDEPTH coverage on it. It is more sensational to pit Dem vs. Rep, then it is to broadly report on disagreements among members of the same party.

Even today, the print media has reported very little on the Democrats who are now critical of Pelosi and the missteps she took while on her trip. Yet, several shows and a few, not many, newspapers have reported this has happened.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
a question maybe but wow on the list of important things the why did she or didn't she wear a headdress question has to be close to what kinda thong was she wearing... maybe she was zinging Saudi arabia for giving us osama :-)

BS she wore it syria out of fear. she had nothing to fear in saudi. She and dems are cowards no question. If she was hard line on the war on terror she would not have gone let alone wore the scarf. She literally makes me Ill. It is not petty, and in the interview with Assad she was cowering like a puppy that missed the news paper. She is a PIG, and should be censured by the US congress.

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
At this point do the Dems really care about disrespecting Bush? I mean Polosi probably thinks that she could get away with anything at this point. They smell blood and they are going for the throat. This trip is just another illustration of the Dems preparing to take control. Unfortunately unless something major happens I think they are going to get their wish.

Arlington TX

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
a question maybe but wow on the list of important things the why did she or didn't she wear a headdress question has to be close to what kinda thong was she wearing... maybe she was zinging saudia arabia for givin us osama :-)

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
pat,

I do think it is a petty story. However, today what did raise my eyebrow is the photos on CNN that show her in Saudi Arabia (she also went there) standing next to King Abdullah and members of the Interior with no head scarf on. To me, I think a discussion on whether she was or was not slighting the Saudis', either consciously or subconsciously, while respecting the Syrians is a better question.

Neither country requires foreign female diplomats to wear the body garment, often called an abiya or jilab; or the head garment with scarf called the burqa or khymar. If you have noticed neither Hillary Clinton nor Condelezza Rice wore any of the traditional coverings during their visits throughout the middle east.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
StPete, I agree.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
She's a guest in their country. Like taking shoes off in an asian's home. It's just courtesy. Surely there is enough you despise about Peloski that you don't have to resort to something so petty??

St Petersburg FL

Username hidden
(989 posts)
She is not a reporter, reporters in those countries are very suseptible to retrobution by these dick heads, she is a Member of this government with security to the nines. She is a pig!!!

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
She is an American and not Syrian. Whose laws and rules is she obligated to? I might have let the whole thing slide but she put on the scarf what was her fear? Hurt their feeling? Appeasement and capitulation. Surrender Dorothy!!!!

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 26   End
TOPIC: Syrians Hail Pelosi Visit as Diplomatic Triumph