Syria : Swingers Discussion 2051231081
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsSyria
TOPIC: Syria
GoTo Page: Less ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... More 
Start   81 to 90 of 419   End
User Details are only visible to members.
BRITAIN allowed firms to sell chemicals to Syria capable of being used to make nerve gas, the Sunday Mail can reveal today.

Export licences for potassium fluoride and sodium fluoride were granted months after the bloody civil war in the Middle East began.

The chemical is capable of being used to make weapons such as sarin, thought to be the nerve gas used in the attack on a rebel-held Damascus suburb which killed nearly 1500 people, including 426 children, 10 days ago.

President Bashar Assad’s forces have been blamed for the attack, leading to calls for an armed response from the West.

Kind of explains their immediate reply to stay out of it. At least we don't hide the fact that we were looking for our own chemicals in Iraq!

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(7870 posts)
"I don't see a compelling reason to strike in Syria other than the fact that Obama opened his mouth."

OK I think this is what people mean:

Obama on August 20, 2012:

"We have been very clear to the (Bashar Assad) regime, but also to other players on the ground, that a red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized. That would change my calculus. That would change my equation."

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17541 posts)
I'm sure the President who won the Peace Prize will figure it out.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
I didn't necessarily say it was right to strike Syria. This is very much a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario. All options seem to have a high probability of more bullshit to follow.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17541 posts)
" I think some people sense this hesitation, and need a reminder once in a while that when we think it's right to kick ass, we will do so. "

While I agree, it's going to be comical to hear this from any Liberal who stood against GWB going after Hussein and Iraq.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
Vabeach:

I think you are probably right about thinking it would be righ to strike Syria, but our fear of war is why we don't.

Now if only we could keep this fear for more than ten years.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6871 posts)
I think some people have pretty short memories.

I don't think the American people really have a lot against smacking Syria in the face, but they don't really want us in another war, and people worry that it will escalate to that. I think some people sense this hesitation, and need a reminder once in a while that when we think it's right to kick ass, we will do so.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17541 posts)
Should anyone think we are a paper tiger, I would refer them to a long list of people who would give references to the contrary.

A short list would include...

Diem Mossadegh Noriega Hussien bin Laden

Most of them would be fairly difficult to reach, seems that Hell has an unlisted number...

Lakeside CA

Username hidden
(17220 posts)
"I don't see a compelling reason to strike in Syria other than the fact that Obama opened his mouth."

I heard someone else saying much the same, and I must admit I missed this. Basically, they said that Obama needs to go through with this to save face and preserve credibility, both for himself and the country, lest we be considered a paper tiger.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17541 posts)
Lets be good capitalist here. Where is the profit in this?

Answer? There is only short term profit for defense contractors like GE. Long term, these contractors will suck this nation dry of wealth... But these companies look at quarterlies and not years.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6871 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... More 
Start   81 to 90 of 419   End
TOPIC: Syria