Syria : Swingers Discussion 20512310141
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsSyria
TOPIC: Syria
GoTo Page: Less ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... More 
Start   141 to 150 of 418   End
User Details are only visible to members.
So when did you become the only conservative?

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
Do yourself a favor, TBR. That is, before you lodge your foot deeper into your mouth. Glance at my wall and the time stamp of my post!

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16479 posts)
No, sorry, Robert is correct on this one.

The War Powers Act gives the President the authority to commit our armed forces, provided that he informs Congress within 48 hours, and starts to withdraw the troops within 60 days.

However, every presidents since the Act was passed in 1973 have expressed the opinion that it is unconstitutional...

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
Robert

It's against the law for the president to take such action on his own.

That's all there is to that.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8063 posts)
Hell no he does not Robert under the circumstances he does not. I thought you knew the laws and all about Government?

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4938 posts)
Vabeach:

Actually the president does have the powers to strike Syria without congresses approval.

That said, this isn't striking al quada, this would be striking a nation which hasn't struck us first... Despite our fighting words. (Yes, if a man speaks fighting words and is struck, he deserved it.) sadly striking at a nation over fighting words doesn't end well for any side and would cost the US lives.

Because this action would be war with a nation not already acting to support our enemies and or attacking us, Obama should ask permission before attacking... But should do is different than can do.

We ought remember that syria's standing government provides protection for non-Muslims, women and educates some of its people. The people backing the rebels are terrorist who will sieze power like they did in Egypt and provide no protections and only push for war with Isreal... The simply wont end well for anyone.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7450 posts)
The Internet has provided the room for all the crazy one can muster up!

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8063 posts)
Yeah, she definitely didn't.

Well, if you're talking about the looney partisans, then there's not much any of us can say about them. The Obama Derangement Syndrome people are just as low-value as the Bush Derangement Syndrome people. I can about as much for the opinions of the "OBAMASS is a Muslim who wants to destroy America" crowd as I do for "Bush is a dictator who kills children for oil" crowd i.e. zero.

It seems we have a new trend here... before Bush there didn't seem to be *large* numbers of people who were so rabidly anti-(insert name of President here), to the point of near psychosis. Well, there were (and still are) some anti-Reagan people who are like that. But not on the same scale. Maybe it's just that the internet has given these people an outlet they didn't used to have.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19465 posts)
BTW

Mary Ann did not age gracefully... Lmao

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8063 posts)
VA

You are that rare bird that has called it down the middle, I'm talking about the extremist that have nothing to say on a positive note, about anything he's ever done. I know everyone's entitled an opinion and that's just fine.

Just stating the obvious that he's doomed to fail regardless how this plays out.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8063 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... More 
Start   141 to 150 of 418   End
TOPIC: Syria