Syria : Swingers Discussion 2051231091
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsSyria
TOPIC: Syria
GoTo Page: Less ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... More 
Start   91 to 100 of 415   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I think some people have pretty short memories.

I don't think the American people really have a lot against smacking Syria in the face, but they don't really want us in another war, and people worry that it will escalate to that. I think some people sense this hesitation, and need a reminder once in a while that when we think it's right to kick ass, we will do so.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19085 posts)
Should anyone think we are a paper tiger, I would refer them to a long list of people who would give references to the contrary.

A short list would include...

Diem Mossadegh Noriega Hussien bin Laden

Most of them would be fairly difficult to reach, seems that Hell has an unlisted number...

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17352 posts)
"I don't see a compelling reason to strike in Syria other than the fact that Obama opened his mouth."

I heard someone else saying much the same, and I must admit I missed this. Basically, they said that Obama needs to go through with this to save face and preserve credibility, both for himself and the country, lest we be considered a paper tiger.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19085 posts)
Lets be good capitalist here. Where is the profit in this?

Answer? There is only short term profit for defense contractors like GE. Long term, these contractors will suck this nation dry of wealth... But these companies look at quarterlies and not years.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7345 posts)
Sa is right, What are we going to do when we have no friends to help us because Obama has pissed all of them off? M. Is right Iran will get involved. Our poor Military is in no position to even think of winning any battle in the Middle East. Obama knows this and I think is setting America up for failure. His plans since day 1. Just my thoughts.

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4861 posts)
I don't see a compelling reason to strike in Syria other than the fact that Obama opened his mouth.

I feel pretty much the same about Assad as I felt about Saddam. Tinhorn dictator that was a threat to the immediate vicinity, but not really any further than that.

It would be nice to get rid of him, and I wouldn't miss either one, but what replaces them? That is really the rub. The world does not have a good track record replacing despots...

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17352 posts)
Good to see that SA is ready for a chemical attack...

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17352 posts)
My guess is, to draw Iran into action :)

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
And, to answer this question:

"The one question I would ask here is what is the purpose of the strike?"

I believe this is the answer:

"[We are] swatting a baby on the butt when they get too close to the stove"

I don't think this is an Obama-specific situation. I think any President would be faced with the same problem, the same choices, the same pitfalls of each choice, etc.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19085 posts)
btw: this post of yours was excellent.

"The one question I would ask here is what is the purpose of the strike?

Are we swatting a baby on the butt when they get too close to the stove?

Are we trying to give the rebels the upper hand?

If we go through with the strike, and Syria continues using chemical weapons, what then?

Assad will do just about anything to stay in power, that's pretty obvious. And the alternative, as we have seen many times since 1989, is not optimal...

I think Obama's mistake in this case (and several others) is assuming that he was dealing with rational people. He is not.

On the other hand, we can't go around being the world's policeman...

I wouldn't want to trade places with Obama on this one..."

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19085 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... More 
Start   91 to 100 of 415   End
TOPIC: Syria