Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Syria
TOPIC: Syria
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 465   End
User Details are only visible to members.
So, is there no middle ground between isolationism and all out intrusion?

Springfield MO
Username hidden
(226 posts)
If you can't learn from History you're doomed to repeat it.

FJ is right on one hand, arming the so called 'moderate' rebels will surely come back to haunt us.

On the other hand, isolationism is not the answer. It only creates greater threats in the future.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17464 posts)
Maybe we should take Chinas route.

Even though China is the number one investor in Iraq's oil industry and depends on the Middle East for half its imported energy they are staying out of the fight.

Springfield MO
Username hidden
(226 posts)
It is insanity. I'm ASSUMING without facts to back it up that there is a lot of money on the line here otherwise we wouldn't be in the middle of this mess.

I'm not buying the "we are there because we are wonderful people" line.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2816 posts)
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
"I'd be curious to hear what you'd do if you were in charge."

Unless it relates directly to Israel, I would butt my nose out of it. Even if this crap is well intentioned it is just like the drug war, or gun control on crime.

It just does not work, and it has not worked.

I supported the invasion of Iraq by Bush because Saddam was sponsoring terror in Israel. Also that it was real estate bordering on Iran, that we could control, but only if we stayed permanently. We did not, and I can almost guarantee that as soon as it is past attention in Iraq we will again leave them to kill each other.

Obama gave guns and money to the very group he is bombing. Obama gave guns and money to the same people in Libya, and how did that turn out.

Neither Assad or Qaddafi were a threat to us. I feel bad for the journalists murdered, but he did not seem to care for the people and the ambassador murdered. But now he cares for journalists who intentionally put themselves in harms way.

This shit is looking more and more like making money and driving us deeper in debt than any policy to stop the violence in that region of the world.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Obama of 2008 would simply want to 'talk' with ISIS so he could apologize for the USA

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17464 posts)
I just posted this on facebook in an effort to irritate my in-laws (who are die-hard Obama fans, although most of them have no idea why they are):

--------------------

I know a lot of people who should have their knickers in a knot over Obama's UN speech. Especially this part:

"There can be no reasoning – no negotiation – with this brand of evil. The only language understood by killers like this is the language of force. So the United States of America will work with a broad coalition to dismantle this network of death."

I agree with it wholeheartedly - the notion that some problems cannot be corrected through reasoning. The problem is most of Obama's fan base believes strongly in the other direction, and I'm curious to know what they think of him openly disagreeing with a core philosophy of theirs.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20536 posts)
If I were in charge I'd carpet bomb, then send in a clean up force. I'm not concerned at all about collateral damage. It's time to send a message.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17464 posts)
Seems the air raids on ISIS is helping Assad.

BEIRUT (Sept 25): The Syrian army has taken full control of a formerly insurgent-held area northeast of Damascus, Hezbollah's al-Manar TV said on Thursday, strengthening President Bashar al-Assad's grip on territory around the capital. The area - Adra al-Omalia - is around 30 km (19 miles) from central Damascus but far from parts of Syria where the United States has launched air strikes against Islamic State militants. "The Syrian Army takes full control of the town of Adra al-Omalia in the eastern countryside of Damascus," al-Manar said in a news flash. Assad's forces, backed by the Lebanese Shi'ite movement Hezbollah, have been gradually extending control over a corridor of territory from Damascus to the Mediterranean coast this year, seizing towns and villages along the main north-south highway and in the mountainous Qalamoun along the Lebanese border. The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which monitors the conflict, said at least 29 people - 18 of them rebel fighters - died during fighting on Wednesday between insurgents and government forces in the outskirts of Damascus.

Springfield MO
Username hidden
(226 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 465   End
TOPIC: Syria