Sway Me : Swingers Discussion 97792
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsSway Me
TOPIC: Sway Me
Created by: irishrose22
Original Starting post for this thread:
I usually vote democrat. Reason being, -social issues mostly.

MY vote this year is still up in the air.

Opinions that won’t change – pro-abortion, pro guns, pro death penalty, pro gay marriage and I don’t like religion in general.

Opinions that could change – immigration, health care, global warming, ???

I’m pretty sure when it comes to the economic aspect of ideals, I am more of a republican.

Does any of this make any sense?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 32   End
User Details are only visible to members.
We are not talking about elite jobs. Draftees could do the cooking and other pogue jobs to free the fighting troops to do what they are paid for.

DZZY and TBR. You honestly think civilian contractors are new? LOL The seabees were a private contractor until 1944 and were so dilagent on getting weapons to protect themselves they gave themselves to the Navy. They built runways and radar stations barracks, and CPs. Completely unarmed and on Islands that were still infested with Japanese soldiers. Getting shot at and were defenseless until they said enough. 1944 the Seabees became a commissioned outfit of the US Navy, and finally got the weapons to protect them selves. Korea 1425 civilians died in Korea protecting Ambassadors and government officials, Viet Nam 600+ civilians died doing what black water is doing right now. and they were considered Mercenary. This is nothing new to the US and so far the death toll for Black water? 164, those under their protection? 0...they are doing a great job.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12440 posts)
Basically yes they do dzzy. Yes they do.........

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
ah the military does not like liberals. they hate those long haired pot smoking queers right? lol.

Blackwater can be hired by any country or company to provide security. jeez that is a warm though. what if blackwater where to be hired by a very wealth middle eastern county...the horror.

so come clean, what's the real basis for your affinity for blackwater?

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Every person in the military has to be ready to fight on the front line if needed. The front line can come to you no matter what your job is or where you are stationed. Being prepared to defend your country is the job of any soldier, regardless of what your occupation says. That being said, I would not want someone who does not want to be in the military even collecting garbage for the military if he or she proves to be a weak link for the enemy to exploit. That kind of thinking can cost lives and lose wars. And liberals wonder why the military don't like them.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Well, that answer was completely incoherent.

We are not talking about elite jobs. Draftees could do the cooking and other pogue jobs to free the fighting troops to do what they are paid for.

The problem with a private army is that they are not subject to any laws. Neither the laws of the country nor the UMJC apply. So when they act badly, who will hold them responsible?

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17347 posts)
Draft is not the answer to todays world. Look at the mess we had with morale in Viet Nam. Very few drafees would have what it takes to do the job that Blackwater does. Look at the elite units all the way back to WW2. They were not draftees. The USMC has never drafted. All Rangers, UDT and Army Special Forces were volunteer units. Blackwater can be hired by any country or company to provide security. A man goes to work for Blackwater is serving a company an doing a job. Armed forces of the USA join to protect their country. The Balkans and Somalia are examples of places American troops were that had no economic or strategic significance. In the Clinton years, soldiers were forced for the first time to wear the insignia of the UN against their will. This was worse than a private army, this was forcing Americans to risk their lives for an organization, not their country.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2281 posts)
The point is that we should not have a professional PRIVATE military on our payroll.

If there are professional military jobs to do, we should use our professional military to do them.

It worked very well for over 200 years. Why change now?

Yeah, Yeah, I know. Clinton cut the military too much, so we had to rely on contractors to do the work. Bullshit.

If this is worth it, institute the draft. 90 day wonders can cook chili as well as anyone else...

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17347 posts)
Blackwater gets no bid contracts because NO ONE else in the country and few in the world can do what they do. If your life depended on the expertise of a professional private military, do you want to either wait out a bid process or go for low bid? How about if you need a pacemaker, we bid it out to the lowest priced untested product from Angola. Blackwater deals in life and death. If it is my life, I want the best.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2281 posts)
http ://www*thebostonchannel*com/compare-candidates/index.html

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
I wonder. If the Supreme Court allies itself with gun owners what would this do for groups like the Brady's? You know if Hillary or Obama get in office they will be trying more assault weapons bans and gun safety laws (gun bans). What would this do to people like Rebecca Peters (Million Moms March) who want to completely disarm everyone but the UN?

Unfortunately I think the case will be thrown out due to a technicality instead of being decided on. Either way the Supreme Court goes it is going to piss off a lot of people. They shouldn't be worried about that, they should be concerned about the law.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 32   End
TOPIC: Sway Me