Survival on minimum wage : Swingers Discussion 2182621051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsSurvival on minimum wage
TOPIC: Survival on minimum wage
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Start   51 to 60 of 117   End
User Details are only visible to members.
If you have a fast food business, and you have to give everyone a raise, you raise the price of your product. Because everyone else has to do the same, their prices also increase. No one gains a competitive advantage. Everyone has to pay a bit more to eat the fast food.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
That part baffles me.

You mandate health insurance coverage, for instance. Any idiot should have been able to predict that companies would simply shuffle people and jobs around to avoid having to eat the cost. Money just doesn't spring up out of the ground.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20220 posts)
What those who demand a raise to the minimum wage don't understand is this.

The owner of a small business is not going to take the hit. If the small business owner finds an increase to minimum wage challenging, he will either fire some of those earners and consolidate their work, or cut the hours of said employees.

Why is it so difficult for people to understand?

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17056 posts)
Vab. What ever you are paying him Robert would say it is not enough.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Robert would probably love to know how much I'm paying the guy who's painting the inside of my house right now. He didn't go to college, but runs his own small painting company. He's about 25 and has a wife and a 2 year old.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20220 posts)
Sit, Stay, roll over.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
You are plain wrong, Robert. I have a nostalgic and rose-colored view of the past, but having experienced the advances of the forty years I can confidently say that you have more information, convenience, travel opportunity and entertainment at your disposal than any ancestor could ever have imagined. Your doom and gloom attitudes are self-fulfilling.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2373 posts)
Mari:

I could go line for line as to why your claims are bullshit... But you would stop reading.

Most of what you wrote was what the pre WWII society gave your generation and my parents generation. It was their sacrifices that gave you it and half of it has been squandered or destroyed by your generation... and what hasn't, you still seek to destroy with more budget cuts and more cuts in general.

No, you gave us nothing, you have been for the last 30 plus years suckling the last bit of the wealth that your grandparents made for this nation and both you and your parents pissed away with useless wars and proxy wars which only prove that we couldn't have won vrs the Soviets or the Chinese.

So that is why we fight 5th and lower ranked military forces.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7701 posts)
Vacp:

"Robert you stated that what we are paying into SS is for my parents generation. So how are we not leaving anything behind for yours. Now get your ass out there and work and start paying for our SS. It will be your kids that are paying for yours. But I really hope you don't breed. We don't need anymore of your kind born with their hand out looking for someone else to take care of them."

I do work. I don't add to the economy, because my employer doesn't pay me a living wage. No I won't prostitute myself, if you wish to leave my generation a nation broken, because you think so low of yourself that you were willing to work multiple jobs just to get by... That is your problem and why you ought not receive any entitlement programs... You prostituted yourself, you chose to no build a better nation, but rather suckled ever last ounce of life from it that you could.

You, your generation are the problem.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7701 posts)
I erred, should have said "height of" not "start of."

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2373 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Start   51 to 60 of 117   End
TOPIC: Survival on minimum wage