Survival on minimum wage : Swingers Discussion 2182621011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsSurvival on minimum wage
TOPIC: Survival on minimum wage
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 117   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Mari:

Truck driving might be honest work, but it doesn't keep the family together. You are on the road for the maximum of the legal limits, you are harassed by the police and often times you cannot maintain trucks to the legal standards and must pay out of your own pocket the fines which bring any good wage you might have earned to minimum wage or less.

More over, you are eating truck stop food, because you don't have time to eat anything else. You have impossible deadlines which your dispatcher doesn't care about traffic or delay's which are beyond your control.

So i don't know what truck drivers you speak about, but every truck driver I know, doesn't have a pot to piss in and have had multiple divorces.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7582 posts)
I don't know why some of you can't see that Robert is just troll.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17118 posts)
"I am not inclined to do a great deal of manual labor as I was raised to use my brain and not my brawn..."

Wow, Robert, what an indictment on the folks who raised you. Seems you are saying that they instilled in you a tendency towards physical laziness. How sad they would likely be to hear you using them as another in the long litany of excuses for your difficult situation.

Speaking of excuses, your explanation for not trying a truck driving job is a true classic. Truck driving is an honorable profession, which affords an opportunity to make a good living if you work very hard; affords the opportunity to become a business owner if you are willing to sacrifice and save.

You say it is a bad career for someone raising a family. But dude, you do not even have a wife or kids. LOL

Best of luck to you Robert.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2373 posts)
Robert I do electronic repairs on cars. So I use my mind and my hands everyday. I also repair and modify firearms. At times I do machinist work if needed. As far as truck drivers. My dad and Uncle both had trucking companies that provided very well for them and family. Trucking companies around here are many and most provide good pay and benefits. As far as UPS. My best friend just retired at the age of 50. One must learn to work to survive. You just stated that you are slow in math. Well maybe aftet all this you should realize that you will never have the career you want and get off your ass and try some work that you may be able to do. Maybe try digging a hole even your limited math skills should let you dig a 3x6 foot hole. You are good at digging yourself into one in here.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Robert has more excuses than cow shit has flies...

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19417 posts)
Ditto, VA.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16803 posts)
Vacp:

"Most jobs you will need very good basic math skills. Not many people will need to find out what x or y is in their daily job."

Common misconception. You don't need to know how to get x to do y job, but you do need to know how to get x to be fast enough at your (y) job To be hired.

Math skills are critical thinking skills. These skills improve your ability to do the job faster while under greater amounts of pressure.

So while I could fumble through archetecture or a science with a 3.0 in math, I would be out paced by those who are achieving 3.5 and 3.8s.

This is why we are loosing the new arms race... The race for jobs. The weapons in this war of education are our children and how well educated they are. Some countries cut out the fat and only educate the smartest children... We in the US have rightfully chosen the harder path of educating all of our children and this must keep that bar high...

Sadly people like you think math is useless after a point... And to do jobs requiring brawns' and not brains, you would be correct. However today's society and leading into tomorrow, will require a more educated worker. More over it is a fact that an educated individual is less likely to join street gangs while down on their luck, because they are more concerned with bettering themselves and others. (something they can't do from behind bars)

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7582 posts)
*Unsubscribe*

Bye Robert.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19818 posts)
Vacp:

You call driving a truck a career? Please tell me, while you are on the high ways of America, who is raising your kids? It takes two parents to raise children, this is one of the leadin causes of the rapid growth of street gangs.

Ups driving? Not much different depending upon if you are local to your home or not. Either way, I must ask you a number of very important questions.

1) how many truck drivers do you know? And what do you know about the trucking industry? (FYI, three of the men my father serves with ate truck drivers and the national guard conflicts with their employment all the time)

2) If you claim these jobs are so good, name a few companies. (this will be entertaining)

3) yes, I am not inclined to do a great deal of manual labor as I was raised to use my brain and not my brawn. As with any muscle, when you don't use it day to day, you lose it. (thus why I do daily math problems... Sadly not as well as I would like), read and write.

I have a wide range of family members who are in the brawn side of employment. Most every one of them are physically broken men suckling on the governments dime. The ones who aren't, are dead.

So please do tell us about how shoveling sixteen tons of coal got you anywhere but another day older and another day deeper in debt.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7582 posts)
Not every career requires you to be able to do algebra. Just more excuses.I took algebra I & II and geometry. Most jobs you will need very good basic math skills. Not many people will need to find out what x or y is in their daily job.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 117   End
TOPIC: Survival on minimum wage