Super Storm Sandy Relief : Swingers Discussion 214577
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsSuper Storm Sandy Relief
TOPIC: Super Storm Sandy Relief
Created by: sa_interracialcpl
Original Starting post for this thread:
Question: who owns this bitch?

I we hear is get back to, survival of the fittest is the best way to keep America strong. Others say, lend a hand to those less fortunate or in need. That's just being human in my humble opinion!

Here's the rub. Don't these folks have insurance? Ok, before ya bite my head off, wasn't getting rid of FEMA a huge part of the GOP agenda back during the elections? Politicians are arguing right now on passing spending to help out Sandy survivors.

Who exactly should be funding the recovery of natural disasters? NOLA still looks like shit after all these years even with FEMA help. Where are all these private contractors the GOP said were out there just ready to jump in and help?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 31   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Forgot to mention- the companies I referred to are non union.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
"I'll gland pay it and continue to demand of my leaders whom I elect to take out of power the MIC, big phama, and other corporations which pay their workers so poorly, yet make millions for their investors and selves."

Pay their workers so poorly? I know several people who work in biotech/pharmaceutical companies. The lowest paid who I personally know has been working on what I would call an assembly line because they do the same thing over and over and over...

They grossed $48,000 in 2012, have health and dental insurance, employer contributions to their 401K, get discounts on prescription drugs on top of their copay and get discounts at many stores/restaurants when they show their company ID. We won't talk about the 6 weeks paid vacation, unless you want to.

Their education level? HS graduate. Barely eeked out a diploma.

That person tells me the lowest paid people at their firm are the ones who sterilize equipment. They make $25,000 (starting) pus the other benefits noted above. Last I heard they were hiring for that position, but I'm not sure which shift. If you can wash dishes, I'm betting they can train you to clean lab equipment and you'd almost double your income. You can't have your laptop or iPhone while working though.

But most people I know in the industry make way more than that.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Tweedle is concerned they won't get the boardwalks bult by Summer, his world is in a shambles. First Twinkies went out of business, Then the vagiants fell out of the playoffs, Now he fears he will have to drive farther to get his deep fried Oreo's....

what is this world comming too?

oh the Humanity ;-)

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9684 posts)
Good:

The rate at which my taxes will go up is insenificant... I currently do not make enough to care at this point. (earning under 15k a year, because my employer enjoys braving about vacations to the Bahamas)

So go right on ahead and take more blood from this stone... There isn't any to give and if I do make enough to meaningfully contribute to my nation... I'll gland pay it and continue to demand of my leaders whom I elect to take out of power the MIC, big phama, and other corporations which pay their workers so poorly, yet make millions for their investors and selves.

Don't like this? Tough.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7434 posts)
Good, Robert would just expect somebody else to pay his ignorance tax.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19318 posts)
Robert, just FYI, your taxes have gone up.

On another note, I would support a tax on ignorance.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Sedu:

1) I am by far not jellious of the rich. I have no desire to be so rich because that wealth was made on the backs and with lies told to the working man. It is money no cleaner than blood money.

2) I have begged for nothing. I do not collect any government or other social services. I do however promote the ideals that no matter how wealthy you are, you have a duty to your countrymen and that this duty is to provide for their needs.

Medical, food, housing, transportation, education, and employment earning enough to buy the things named and moderate amount of entertament.

If you cannot do these things and are wealthy, than your wealth is meaningless and ought to be removed from you by taxation. This is why I would support extra taxes on employers with employees on the government dime, children on the government dime, elderly on the government dime.

If the jobs you create aren't growing the economy by providing employees able to pay into the government without receiving from the government, than you aren't deserving of my consideration or sympathies.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7434 posts)
Norc:

Good for you for being stronger minded than most people... But you must learn that a society. Jolt for the strong minded alone... A society which doesn't take care of the weaker, is t a society worth the materials it is built of.

Your ideal society exist solely within your warped mind.

You live in a republic, with a democratically elected government, elected by the citizens of this nation. Every day people not so strong of will as you, people who will tell you that you might be strong willed enough to make life better for yourself... But you are still no more important than anyone else and have a social responsibility to provide for your countrymen.

This was clearly stated by the last election, so deal with it as an adult and accept that your ideal nation exist only in the 3rd world. If this means that you must leave the US? Good leave!

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7434 posts)
"Those impacted by the increased taxes count too few to matter"

If they don't matter, you wouldn't be jealous of them to the point of an obsession. You wouldn't whine in every post how you want them to give you a handout. You wouldn't be begging in every post. You wouldn't be crying about how much you want what others who worked hard have. You wouldn't cry about the unfairness of you being shortchanged literally!

Truth stings I understand your "dilemma"

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16441 posts)
you still don't get it and want to blame your life situation on others.

I am a badly disabled vet, I served 23 years and get a retirement that I fully earned. I did not get out on my disability, I retired.

I could not get a job because no one would hire me so I found something I could do, learned to do it well and then built my own business.

If I can do this then anyone can. They may choose to make a bunch of excuses and not get it done, but it can be done. If they choose not to do it then there is a price to pay but I do not want to pay that price for others. It is my experience that those less fortunate just didn't get off their ass and try hard enough. Running your mouth complaining is not in any way constructive or part of trying hard enough. No one is entitled to a damn thing that they do not earn or pay for. Period. I started out with almost nothing. 7.5 years of many, many surgeries just to be able to look and move like a normal person. We wanted success more than this months fast food or sat TV. We drove old cars so we had enough money to pay for her education. I learned medical transcribing because it was something I could do. I hated it but I took every hour I could get so we could move forward. We got were we are today because we set goals and then found ways to attain them. I do not feel sorry for those who refuse to put forth the effort and then blame others. Those people will never have anything or accomplish anything. They will find other of like kind and they will all sit around together and recite their blame stories and be absolutely miserable. I do help others but I am picky. I help those who are out doing and who will get ahead and not those who sit and bitch about things. I help people who will do what it takes to succeed. Spending one dime on those with the entitlement mentality is a total waste of money.

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 31   End
TOPIC: Super Storm Sandy Relief