Sugary Drink Limits : Swingers Discussion 2085331091
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsSugary Drink Limits
TOPIC: Sugary Drink Limits
GoTo Page: Less ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... More 
Start   91 to 100 of 405   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Not to cause you any frustration, I have no problem discussing the implications of research, conceptual models, opinions, theory and the like.

Am I ever going to sit down and argue whether this or that equation balance in a redux application... not to likely. Not that I probably couldn't but it would be scraping off the cobwebs and giving me a headache.

If this kind of exchange wasn't interesting to you would either not participate or go the extra step and block me so you too wouldn't have to read what I write as some other "poor soul" suggests.

Sacramento CA
Username hidden
(709 posts)
Are you referring to the "style" in which you, a purported scientist, refuse to engage in any actual discussion of data, logic, or challenges to stuff copy/pasted from web sites?

Not much has changed.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19171 posts)
Va,

Isn't this style of discourse preferable to the previous style of libelous allegations and name calling or being just plain disrespectful and unkind? I think it is. Do you disagree?

Sacramento CA
Username hidden
(709 posts)
It was a nice way to avoid a "snooty answer to spend the time to do your homework. Spend a couple of years reviewing all the literature you can stomach and some of it is pure crap and open up to the possibilities. Who knows with your knowledge base and a new piece of the puzzle you might be the one who discovers a cure! If you do I want a thank you in the dedication to your ground breaking tome!

Sacramento CA
Username hidden
(709 posts)
Thank you for your total non-answer to a very relevant question.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19171 posts)
Va,

It might be prudent for you to review the scholarly work of the scientists researching the opposite position to your orthodox indoctrination you may arrive at a different point of balance. Maybe reduce some of the vitriol and allow you to acknowledge it's some pretty compelling information. I can remember not too long ago holding to the hardline as I was taught in school too. I mellowed over time and struggled to understand the "rebels" and now the pendulum is swinging back the other way as I evaluate new competing theories. It always helps to be familiar with opposing person's information and perspective. Who knows you may rethink something or another. It's ok to do that it doesn't mean you were wrong it's called growth.

Sacramento CA
Username hidden
(709 posts)
Just like your methanol argument - why is 13 mg of methanol from a can of Diet Coke dangerous, but the same amount or more from a glass of orange juice is not?

Can you address the paragraph below?

"When one can explain to me how bumping fluoride in a municipal facility to 0.5 mg/L is dangerous, while drinking water which naturally (without any fluoride being added) 0.2 to 1 mg/L is not, then I'll entertain the idea. Much of the world has naturally fluoridated water that is roughly the same, or even higher, than what municipalities add. Why don't we DO something to save all of these people drinking naturally fluoridated water? These poor souls include most of Western North America, China, India, and some of the Great Lakes area."

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19171 posts)
Va,

"Yet, your stomach contains 0.5% hydrochloric acid. Not only is it not dangerous, you need it."

Natural systems producing natural concentrations generally not a problem. Take that same concentration of Hcl from the stomach - put it in the mouth 1 to 3 times a day as bulimics do and in a short while oops -no teeth. Check that out with your local dentist.

Sacramento CA
Username hidden
(709 posts)
p.s. guys -

Ion-exchange based water filters like Britas etc do not adsorb fluoride. Fluoride in = fluoride out. They are designed to mop up organics and metals. If you have a still or an reverse osmosis filter, that will eliminate or reduce the fluoride.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19171 posts)
Anyway....

When one can explain to me how bumping fluoride in a municipal facility to 0.5 mg/L is dangerous, while drinking water which naturally (without any fluoride being added) 0.2 to 1 mg/L is not, then I'll entertain the idea. Much of the world has naturally fluoridated water that is roughly the same, or even higher, than what municipalities add. Why don't we DO something to save all of these people drinking naturally fluoridated water? These poor souls include most of Western North America, China, India, and some of the Great Lakes area.

Listing off all the horrible things fluoride can be used for should not be persuasive. Trust me I know - some fluoride-containing chemicals are the nastiest things out there.

One can dissolve an aluminum baseball bat - violently - in concentrated (37%) hydrochloric acid. Clearly, hydrochloric acid is dangerous. Yet, your stomach contains 0.5% hydrochloric acid. Not only is it not dangerous, you need it. When you're comparing high levels to low levels of something nasty, you're comparing apples to oranges.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19171 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... More 
Start   91 to 100 of 405   End
TOPIC: Sugary Drink Limits