Sugary Drink Limits : Swingers Discussion 2085331031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsSugary Drink Limits
TOPIC: Sugary Drink Limits
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 405   End
User Details are only visible to members.
LQQ,

"Send them to the gulag, fine, but what's the difference between giving them welfare and supporting them in jail."

I'm not proposing jail. I'm suggesting a stepped program and they can decide as a free individual where they want to "settle" in the hierarchy.

Subsistence Level. Tent camps on government land with just the basics. They plant and tend to the gardens and stock for their food. All clothing is donated. Medical and Dental provided by Dr. , Dentists, P.A.'s, FNP's, Nurses Teachers, as part of their internship. Basic but humane support for those who choose not to achieve at any higher level option or can't.

Classes providing reading,writing and math, science, personal responsibility, social skills and physical fitness are provided but not mandatory unless they want to join an advancement program. Which upon demonstration of mastery of the skills taught allow them to progress to the next level of independence.

I'm not going to outline the entire program but you get the idea.

Each level offers more skills and training and a higher level of autonomy and also requires more personal responsibility.

People will work and plateau, work and plateau, when they're ready to move up or back down, their performance is reviewed and then move to the appropriate program.

This kind of social engineering offers hope and rewards participation and progress. It would cost allot less than welfare as it is provided today and "manages" people in need and balances available resources. It would also get the homeless off the streets and provide them with the opportunity to reinvent their lifestyle.

I say let's give it a try there is absolutely nothing to lose in doing so

Sacramento CA
Username hidden
(709 posts)
As Fun said, this is like beating a dead horse, but LQQK is right on point - Mickey is the one who brags about his own self-reliant spirit, while bashing everyone else who takes government assistance as lazy, cheating bums. It is only when he admitted that he himself has been both a welfare recipient and a tax cheat that I and others starting piling on. I do not HATE hypocrites like some other people who are prone to overgeneralization, but in these forums, Mickey's inconsistency is unparalleled. And yes, Mick, unlike medicare, medicaid is basically welfare.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2368 posts)
"I was always taught that it is disgusting and petty behavior to look into the purse of others. Mind your own business, worry about the taxes that you pay or don't pay."

In a court of law, in most cases a person's past crimes cannot be entered into evidence, so as to influence the jury as to his/her current charges. UNLESS that person during testimony accidentally or on purpose opens that door which then gives the defense the right to cross examine. No one on the Left opened that door. No one first accused him of taking money under the table and not paying any tax. No one on the Left accused him of paying more in taxes then they themselves ever make. No one on the Left wanted to know how many billions of dollars his siblings had, and on and on. These were statements first made by him and therefore can be questioned. Mickey opened the door all by himself, not anyone on the Left. I will agree with the above, but when it is applied in defense of Mickey's posts, that statement is BULLSHIT.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4042 posts)
"Mickey, PLEASE tell us you are keeping your medical insurance in force. I didn't mind contributing my share of the $77,000.00 in Medicaid you got before. But when Obama's re-election blows another one of your gaskets, I'd rather not have the taxpayers pick up the tab again. Are you covered?"

LOL and it won't be just Mickey. it will be a long list of posters here and that warms my heart. Now before someone posts, is that all I care about, that answer is NO. I care that we have a leader in office that will finish getting us through this mess, instead of taking it back to the concepts that got us here in the first place. The fact that so many posting here will not be happy campers is just the icing on the cake. I think it is time the GOP changed their initials to FUBAR, because they are currently fucked up beyond all repair.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4042 posts)
Some of us gather information and come to a conclusion or a hypothesis. Others snatch up bits of information (or misinformation) to support their prejudice.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"Then wean them from the public teat.... One time deal! After that off to the gulag! It beats what's going on now!"

You make it sound so simple. like everyone will actually shape up, just because they are told to or no more money, What you don't seem to comprehend is that some people no matter what will not work. Send them to the gulag, fine, but what's the difference between giving them welfare and supporting them in jail. You are simply taking money from one pocket and putting in the other. Understand I am no fan of welfare, but the GOP stance that all you have to do is take it away and those on it will shape up is not going to happen.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4042 posts)
tbr,

"It is what is going on now..."

Well then problem solved ..next!

Sacramento CA
Username hidden
(709 posts)
"Why not limit welfare to 24 months."

The PRWORA of 1996 (welfare reform) states that adults can only collect cash aid for 24 months at a stretch, with a 5 year lifetime limit.

"Require training in a trade or for other service (not military) Paid for out of welfare funding."

Welfare reform requires work or work related activities (i.e. training) for all adult recipients.

"Provide childcare during that time of training."

It's in there...

"Then wean them from the public teat...."

There is a provision in the law to continue transitional Medicaid and childcare while the person gets established in their job.

"One time deal! After that off to the gulag! It beats what's going on now!"

It is what is going on now...

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
Why not limit welfare to 24 months. Require training in a trade or for other service (not military) Paid for out of welfare funding. Provide childcare during that time of training. Then wean them from the public teat.... One time deal! After that off to the gulag! It beats what's going on now!

Sacramento CA
Username hidden
(709 posts)
"Because I have a very strong sense of right and wrong. And fraud is fraud, regardless of the size of the theft."

That's not really the point.

One can not get all of the fraud out of the system, any more than you can make a 100% efficient internal combustion engine.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 405   End
TOPIC: Sugary Drink Limits