Sugary Drink Limits : Swingers Discussion 208533101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsSugary Drink Limits
TOPIC: Sugary Drink Limits
Created by: Nkenswing
Original Starting post for this thread:
What do you guys think of New York City Mayor Bloomberg's ban on the sale of soft drinks over 16 ounces? Good for you or too much government in our lives?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 405   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Fascists on parade....

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18829 posts)
The soda was probably hot and the pizza was cold...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2640 posts)
People were ordering pizza just to get the giant drinks, and throwing away the pizza.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
tbr,

I read your posts and commented " then problem solved..next.",

Then more questions and comment so I figured it wasn't problem solved after all.

Sacramento CA
Username hidden
(709 posts)
LQQ I don't think your last reply was meant for me.

NO it was not. It was meant for the biggest complainer/user on here whose first name starts with J.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4042 posts)
As usual, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Your statement assumes that no one that was not on welfare becomes dependent.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17349 posts)
Tbr: You posted that only 20% of females go on to also live on welfare a long while back. It was pointed out to you if that were true no one would be on welfare in only four generations. Your only 20% is a lie.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
"The current program is lacking in that way.'

I guess you have not read anything I have posted.

Everything that the conservatives have proposed to move people from welfare to work, short of abolishing the entire system, was implemented. In addition, the law makes provisions for states to apply for waivers if they have a good idea, and think they can do better. In almost all cases, these waivers are approved.

A great majority of welfare recipients (70-80%) use the benefit as the conservatives propose, to get them over a short period of misfortune. And studies show that a great majority of children of welfare recipients who don't use it that way grow up to be contributing members of society.

What exactly do you want to do that will improve these outcomes?

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17349 posts)
Always:

First thing you need to understand us that self sufficency is an illusion. No company stands alone, they are all built upon an increasingly complex networks of interdependence.

Take Facebook for example, they depend upon electricity and people having wages which allow them to have the free time to use Facebook. If too many employers lowered the wages of people to the point that they must make their kids work and they themselves work 14-16 hour days... No one could affod a computer, let alone the time for Facebook.

Now you have hurt jobs in the electricity companies, Facebook, computwr companies, ect...

(this was living in the 1800s for most)

So to keep business running, you need the people to have both the free time and the resources to spend on non-life sustaining needs. (welfare or not)

Now I have stated before and just did in another post, welfare shouldn't have abled bodies sitting idle. It should include mandatory education or work on projects cities can't afford to pay private contractors to do.

Proble with city beautifulcation projects are that they raise the cost of living. If you live near a park or a playground... You are paying more for rent or the mortgage on the house.

This means welfare recipiants can no longer pay the rent... Either what the government pays them must go up, or cheap housing must be built and the newly homeless assigned to them.

All of this mandated work is also giving the welfare recipiant skills employers will want, while improving living conditions and people's self worth. Yet I am called a dictator by both the right and left. (to include my own sisters) for mandating work with welfare.

There is a componit that is missing... What to do with those who refuse to work but can work? Throw them to the streets and they will become criminals, can't execute them and until they commit a crime, you can't deny them their freedoms.

We can only hope that these useless people are too few to cause us problems.

As for job creation, another post of mine made today richer on taxes... My thumbs become sore and I will not retype that small post... It should be easy enough to find.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7261 posts)
wnc, Right you are.

As you may have read I'm not suggesting jail.

Sacramento CA
Username hidden
(709 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 405   End
TOPIC: Sugary Drink Limits